NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

That Bridges trade by the Sixers will be on lots of top 5 worst trades ever before it’s done.

Why? It was a draft night trade, and he was the 10th pick overall. There was no guarantee he would turn out this good.  They got an extra 1st for moving down 6 spots, which is fine for value. 

1 minute ago, Fastbreak said:

The number of players with those stats is pretty small.

Sure but it's a lot more than 15. Jaylen Brown was borderline all-NBA this season. So was Lillard. Take Bridges BKN numbers and extrapolate them over 80 games and he isn't close to all NBA. They were 12-15 with him.

His ast and reb numbers are too low and he's never been the best or 2nd player on a good team. I doubt he racks up multiple selections. 

Harden's stat line isn't eye popping but he was in total control of that game. Just dictated everything and got whatever he wanted. 

He's always been one of my favorite players to watch despite the foul baiting stuff. Probably because I'm a Spurs/Manu fan.

PHI could be a real tough out for BOS. 

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Sure but it's a lot more than 15. Jaylen Brown was borderline all-NBA this season. So was Lillard. Take Bridges BKN numbers and extrapolate them over 80 games and he isn't close to all NBA. They were 12-15 with him.

His ast and reb numbers are too low and he's never been the best or 2nd player on a good team. I doubt he racks up multiple selections. 

The nba talent pool is so freaking deep right now. People just don’t understand that we have 30 or 35 guys right now that we’d have called “top 15” 10 or 15 years ago. 

Josh Hart was probably the best deadline acquisition of the year. Dude will be a legit 6 man of the year contender next season. He alone outscored the Cavs bench. It ended up being a 37-14 disparity in the end, just awful performance by LeVert,.and Okoro wasn't doing much. The Cavs should shoot better next game, they were way below their season averages, but so we're the Knicks. This series may go 7, it's a good matchup.

23 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Josh Hart was probably the best deadline acquisition of the year. Dude will be a legit 6 man of the year contender next season. He alone outscored the Cavs bench. It ended up being a 37-14 disparity in the end, just awful performance by LeVert,.and Okoro wasn't doing much. The Cavs should shoot better next game, they were way below their season averages, but so we're the Knicks. This series may go 7, it's a good matchup.

All of the fears I had coming into this series came to fruition.

Coaching - Thibs coaching rings around JBB; trapping Garland took him completely out of the game and they neutralized the Cavs bigs by not getting too deep in the paint

Bench - Not much to say here other than the Cavs bench is pure ass; Levert's good last 20 games of the season is looking like fools gold

Physicality - Although Allen and Mobley are great defenders, both are kind of soft tbh.  And sure enough the Knicks (with Randle, Robinson, and Hart) destroyed the Cavs on the offensive glass.  In fact, a game like today makes me wonder if Allen should be part of the long-term plan.

• Hook 'Em 1