NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This officiating is bizarre. 

-

I think if the Clips could have pushed that lead a bit more they really could have gotten the momentum snowballing. Phoenix just hung around and hung around until they pieced a couple runs together. 

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Damn:

1 hour ago, SilasCoade said:

Rough stretch for KD at the end of the first.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Fucking Kawhi is eating KDs lunch

it's funny to read these 3 posts back to back to back and then look up the stats and see that KD has 21 points on 9/15 shooting in the third quarter.

• Hook 'Em 3

Despite moving to 1-15 against Chris Paul in the playoffs I thought Scott Foster really made his presence felt out there tonight. He'll have some stuff to watch on film before they meet up again. Just two all-timers going at it one more season - appreciate it while you can. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s probably for previous conduct as well as the stomp. Draymond truly is the smartest idiot. I wonder who he’ll call and  cry to for help this time.
Pretty much what Joe Dumars said, according to NBA Radio.

And how funny is it that Dumars is handing discipline. The same guy who played with Laimbeer, Mahon, and Rodman.

29 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Pretty much what Joe Dumars said, according to NBA Radio.

And how funny is it that Dumars is handing discipline. The same guy who played with Laimbeer, Mahon, and Rodman.

What's even funnier is Joe D is somewhat of a father figure and mentor to Draymond. His kid Jordan (Dumars) is really tight with Bennie Fowler (former NFL WR) and Draymond. 

In some ways this is the perfect way for the dynasty to end. The drama is hilarious to me, I can't wait to see what happens next. 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2023 at 7:51 AM, Zeus said:

Yup they will get every call and do whatever they want - lead blocking to get shooters open.

Vegas knows...

Screenshot_20230418-075038.png

On 4/18/2023 at 8:15 AM, ztejas said:

LOL I wouldn't touch that line until we hear from the league on Dray. It's obviously priced in but that could wind up being GS -8.5 or GS -4.5.

GS -5.5 now. That Kings +7 was money for anyone that got it. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

This is such an awesome chicken or the egg discussion. Chris Paul has always been a chronic referee whiner. Is seeing a vindictive, biased official like Foster what validated his bitching and led to him cranking it up to 11?

Did Foster, already a pretty shit official, get driven into taking shit more personally because Chris Paul is so fucking intolerable?

20 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Did Foster, already a pretty shit official, get driven into taking shit more personally because Chris Paul is so fucking intolerable?

Yes. 

iirc Foster was tied to the Donaghy stuff but they let him keep officiating. He's absolutely the type to repeatedly fuck over one player that hurts his feelings. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes. 

iirc Foster was tied to the Donaghy stuff but they let him keep officiating. He's absolutely the type to repeatedly fuck over one player that hurts his feelings. 

He’s a worthless piece of shit. I believe he has a vendetta against Harden too. Like Joey Crawford and Duncan was it?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Si señor.

Joey is the one who ejected Duncan while he was on the bench. 

I think the year the rockets went 65-17 or whatever it was with Harden and CP3 they were 1-4 in Foster games and 64-13 in all other games. Then, they saw him twice against the warriors bc of course they did, and lost both those games. 
he should never be allowed to officiate a CP3 game. What’s the purpose of that?  It just makes the league look horrible and lose credibility. And it’s not great for actual fairness. 
I feel like every team in every sport should get one veto of an officiating crew, at least in the playoffs. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2023 at 10:58 AM, 0xdeadbeef said:

I don't like Green, but this was on Sabonis.  You may have only seen the gif that starts just after the screengrab below.  That does look like it's intentional, but if you watch the full clip, Sabonis grabbed Greens leg while the right foot was on the ground and held on while Green tried to step.   I would not expect a suspension.  

image.thumb.png.f24a1b2bdd5b725e3a466e902ea3e467.png

The full clip is halfway down the page here: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/04/draymond-green-stomp-domantas-sabonis-foul-ankle

Lol wtf. It’s one thing to debate whether Sabonis intentionally grabbed Green, but saying it’s all on Sabonis is insane. Even if Sabonis intentionally grabbed him, the stomp was clearly intentional and a massive overreaction that deserved a suspension regardless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think the year the rockets went 65-17 or whatever it was with Harden and CP3 they were 1-4 in Foster games and 64-13 in all other games. Then, they saw him twice against the warriors bc of course they did, and lost both those games. 
he should never be allowed to officiate a CP3 game. What’s the purpose of that?  It just makes the league look horrible and lose credibility. And it’s not great for actual fairness. 
I feel like every team in every sport should get one veto of an officiating crew, at least in the playoffs. 

Agreed. The fact the league still allows this to happen after the scandal is pathetic. He clearly has a bias and an agenda against certain players. He doesn't need to be reffing at all anymore. But I'm guessing he is protected by his union. He's a piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol wtf. It’s one thing to debate whether Sabonis intentionally grabbed Green, but saying it’s all on Sabonis is insane. Even if Sabonis intentionally grabbed him, the stomp was clearly intentional and a massive overreaction that deserved a suspension regardless. 

Yeah it's always Draymond. Always. He's the common denominator for all this shit headed stuff. He very easily could have avoided what he did, but he knew what he was doing and thought he could get away with it. And there are still clowns on TV defending him as if we haven't seen this same act play out a thousand times before.

"Poor me im just a professional athlete that cant control what my body does"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah it's always Draymond. Always. He's the common denominator for all this shit headed stuff. He very easily could have avoided what he did, but he knew what he was doing and thought he could get away with it. And there are still clowns on TV defending him as if we haven't seen this same act play out a thousand times before.

"Poor me im just a professional athlete that cant control what my body does"
235e43fef77402ada6cc5f71d0df29e2.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 3