NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYC has the world’s wealthiest population, thanks to its 340k millionaires. The Bay Area is the global leader in billionaire residents (63 of them).

And yet again, Boston leads the way with the most dudes who will give you $20 right now if you can give ’em five good reasons why Kevin Garnett isn’t the best power forward in NBA history.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol wtf. It’s one thing to debate whether Sabonis intentionally grabbed Green, but saying it’s all on Sabonis is insane. Even if Sabonis intentionally grabbed him, the stomp was clearly intentional and a massive overreaction that deserved a suspension regardless. 

Agree; people get grabbed all the time in NBA basketball. Very few players kick and stomp people. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That LA +8.5 live line they flashed a couple minutes ago was free money. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
19 minutes ago, ztejas said:
No Ja LA down 15 at half.
Hmm.

This is a theme for them. They play much better team ball without him out there.

I doubt they win this game. 

If LA's closing 5 is going to include Reaves, Hacimuira and DLo then AD is going to have to average 30 a game. And tonight he has... 8.

I mean Vanderbilt has to be on the floor in these minutes. You can't tell me he's the 4th best player out of Rui, Reaves and DLo. 

Edited by ztejas

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If LA's closing 5 is going to include Reaves, Hacimuira and DLo then AD is going to have to average 30 a game. And tonight he has... 8.

I mean Vanderbilt has to be on the floor in these minutes. You can't tell me he's the 4th best player out of Rui, Reaves and DLo. 

AD is just doesn't show up at all some games. 

If Ja comes back the Grizz could steal it. Going to be tough. They had a spark because Ja was out but dude scored 26 pts a game they are going to miss him if he's out out.

AD is just doesn't show up at all some games. 
If Ja comes back the Grizz could steal it. Going to be tough. They had a spark because Ja was out but dude scored 26 pts a game they are going to miss him if he's out out.

The Griz are better without Ja. It’s very strange.
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That LA +8.5 live line they flashed a couple minutes ago was free money.

Look at Memphis covering and shit.

LA didn't look like a WCF team tonight let alone a Finals team. Memphis played Konchar, Aldama and Kennard 52 minutes and they played the 23rd pick in the draft 21 minutes. Obviously AD was bad - but more concerning is DLo doing predictable DLo shit (2/11 shooting, 4 assists to 3 turns, 5 fouls) and whatever is going on with Vanderbilt's minutes. Dude was a +8 in 22 minutes. He needs to be in that closing lineup. If that means playing some awkward lineup with 4 forwards and AD then do it and have LeBron run point. 

And Schroeder was just unplayable. 

LA still likely wins this series - this Memphis lineup isn't going to travel. Maybe they get Ja back to some extent - not sure much better a hobbled Ja makes them, though. 

7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

They had a spark because Ja was out but dude scored 26 pts a game they are going to miss him if he's out out.

I think they'll need him on the road. I doubt these ragtag guys that are getting big minutes play as well in LA and they have to win a road game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What an absolute clinic the nuggets have put on these first 5.5 qtrs. Lay ups, transition points, sneaky defense… MN and Denver have played pretty even the last few years…nothing has been this bad besides one blowout denver had earlier this year
KAT has been invisible tonight.

Fun game. Gotta hope Murray lays a stinker next game. Denver is a machine when he’s cooking.

Felt gobert sagging on Jokic playing with a bad shooting wrist could be a way to slow them down. If you press Jokic then he burns you on the give and go. Also could burn you with elite passing. At least dropping gobert could help breaking up those passes. The lobs to Gordon are straight out of a video game.

Kat has to pull his head out of his ass. He obviously hasn’t learned anything from last years playoffs. His dribble drive almost always ends up an offensive foul, post somebody up. Make your 3s. Play like the 3rd qtr all game and the wolves can beat Denver

He's a hell of a player. I'm damn glad Bubble Murray showed back up tonight. Game never should have been that close.

Building a 20 pt first half lead is almost a recipe for disaster. MPJ probably saved your asses winning the first few minutes basically 1 on 5.

Holy fuck we miss Jaden mcdaniels in the worst possible way this series. God what a moron
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Brooks is a traffic cone. Guy would fit in with the shit basketball played in the 90s, but he doesn’t belong in this league. 

Traffic cone is the one thing he isn't - he's a good on-ball defender. His scoring efficiency is terrible, he doesn't really stuff the stat sheet and his foul rate is really high. He's good from the line but doesn't get there very often and he doesn't turn the ball over. 

He's a weird player but can be a net positive depending on what you need. He can also frequently be the worst player on the court for stretches. 

See: Beverly, Patrick. 

4539517522efa7875704c837533339e1.jpg
Jfc

Series is tied 1-1 if kat is even average. He isn’t ever going to be that guy who can take criticism and make himself better for it. You could show him hours of tape from talking heads talking about him and he’d do nothing with it.

Sucks we’re tied to him for the next 5 years because ain’t nobody paying him 50$ million a year for that production.

I expect him to have a great game tomorrow night and the wolves will win. But that doesn’t change anything unless games 4-7 are similar

24 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Series is tied 1-1 if kat is even average. He isn’t ever going to be that guy who can take criticism and make himself better for it. You could show him hours of tape from talking heads talking about him and he’d do nothing with it.

Sucks we’re tied to him for the next 5 years because ain’t nobody paying him 50$ million a year for that production.

I expect him to have a great game tomorrow night and the wolves will win. But that doesn’t change anything unless games 4-7 are similar

I don't think there is anything that KAT can do that will change this series. The Wolves are outclassed. That third quarter last night was an anomaly. Denver got up big for the second night in a row, got complacent and took the foot off the gas. Unless you think going 17-21 from the field and scoring 40 in a quarter of a playoff game is repeatable over the course of 48 minutes, that is. In the other quarters in this series, the wolves have scored 23, 21, 14, 22, 22, 27, and 24. And Denver is not even an average defensive team. Things should be better at home, but they would've been a prohibitive underdog even with Naz Reid and McDaniels. They are a terribly constructed team. They have almost no chance in this series barring injury.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't think there is anything that KAT can do that will change this series. The Wolves are outclassed. That third quarter last night was an anomaly. Denver got up big for the second night in a row, got complacent and took the foot off the gas. Unless you think going 17-21 from the field and scoring 40 in a quarter of a playoff game is repeatable over the course of 48 minutes, that is. In the other quarters in this series, the wolves have scored 23, 21, 14, 22, 22, 27, and 24. And Denver is not even an average defensive team. Things should be better at home, but they would've been a prohibitive underdog even with Naz Reid and McDaniels. They are a terribly constructed team. They have almost no chance in this series barring injury.

Mcdaniels is one of the best one on one defenders in the game. I don’t think Murray would be getting some of these lookswith mcdaniels glued to him. That said the wolves are still shooting like absolute doo doo out of the gates these first 2 games. they had an above .500 record Vs winning record teams. Unfortunately they’re playing like the team that has an under .500 record Vs losing teams.

I’m still gonna say Denver’s the much more oiled machine. Jokers ability to read defenses a few seconds ahead of where people are going to be and what he’s going to do with the ball is a 6th sense for him. Fun thing to watch when it’s churning. Having bubble murray go off isn’t making things easier either. Gotta hope for a cool off game 3 by Murray or else probably night night. Alexander Walker seemed to defend him better than ant, prince and Conley could. See what adjustments can be done today

I still think jokers wrist seems to be a factor. I’d sag on joker and not let Murray cook. If joker wants to cast 3s and drain them? I guess tip your cap. What Murray’s doing is cold blooded