NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

For those that don't understand the reference..... As I saw one tweet, hippies grew up to be conservative assholes.  Everyone wants it exactly as they wanted it like they were 21.

In principle, I don't mind superimposed ads on the playing surface in-game. Not much different than a giant sticker next to the arena name. But there's no size consistency to the virtual ones. One time down the court it's a long, thin "Hisense", the next it's a big, blocky Fast and Furious logo. Distracting.

13 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

The cavs have zero depth. If Mitchell isnt hitting it’s pretty much wraps.

Once again - the same issues reared its ugly head today - bench, rebounding, coaching.

In the 4th, the Knicks didn't even bother to guard Okoro or Osman, figuring (correctly) that they will not make enough shots for guarding them to be worthwhile.

So the lane gets clogged which means that short Garland and short Mitchell are going to have a really difficult time finding open shots.

51 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

In principle, I don't mind superimposed ads on the playing surface in-game. Not much different than a giant sticker next to the arena name. But there's no size consistency to the virtual ones. One time down the court it's a long, thin "Hisense", the next it's a big, blocky Fast and Furious logo. Distracting.

That's not what the zen asshole was referring to. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29555143/nba-restart-how-nba-bubble-become-platform-social-justice

Overtime. An epic, epic choke job by Minnesota. Prolonging the agony of this season by five more minutes. Somebody needs to put old yeller and [mention=37]MNLonghornFUKM[/mention] out of their misery. 

This is absolutely nothing on my long list of meltdowns

I just wish brown would’ve hit the 80 footer heave
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Overtime. An epic, epic choke job by Minnesota. Prolonging the agony of this season by five more minutes. Somebody needs to put old yeller and @MNLonghornFUKM out of their misery. 

As much as I'd love to pile on Minny, talk about an encapsulation of NBA basketball in 2023. Down 12, score 11 points in 4 possessions with two dudes over 6'10" hitting 3 threes. No lead really feels safe.

What was Dejounte Murray so mad about that he went at the ref after the game?

And I'm still incredulous that Denver couldn't pull out the win. I get that the 2-man game with Murray and Jokic is their bread and butter, but Porter should definitely be involved more

Outside of the Warriors-Kings series, the playoffs so far have been very boring. At least to me anyway. Too many guys hurt.

Yep I mentioned this the other day. Pretty dull so far. I'm hoping the next round it gets much better once the pretenders are gone and we get better matchups.

But that's not going to help all these stars that are hurt.

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Who wants to revisit the Donovan Mitchell trade? 

It's A young team with a mediocre coach, they will get better. I would rather have Mitchell than Garland, so if push comes to shove, trading Garland may be in the future of the Cavs to refine the team. If they could swing a trade of him to the Nets for Bridges, I think they would really be something. They really need that wing defender that isn't an offensive liability. He can help on defense and make the other team work harder while opening up the floor more. The Knicks barely have to guard Okoro, and LeVert is not a great fit at the 3.

Garland and Mitchell just aren't a great fit together, it feels like the Lillard/McCollum issue the Blazers had years ago. 2 great scorers, but lack of size and defense makes them vulnerable in the playoffs. Garland should fetch a good haul if they do trade him, just need to get a plus defender at the 1/2/3 spot in return.  Defense is what got the Cavs to 51 wins this season, but it hasn't been stellar in the playoffs so far.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

It's A young team with a mediocre coach, they will get better. I would rather have Mitchell than Garland, so if push comes to shove, trading Garland may be in the future of the Cavs to refine the team. If they could swing a trade of him to the Nets for Bridges, I think they would really be something. They really need that wing defender that isn't an offensive liability. He can help on defense and make the other team work harder while opening up the floor more. The Knicks barely have to guard Okoro, and LeVert is not a great fit at the 3.

Garland and Mitchell just aren't a great fit together, it feels like the Lillard/McCollum issue the Blazers had years ago. 2 great scorers, but lack of size and defense makes them vulnerable in the playoffs. Garland should fetch a good haul if they do trade him, just need to get a plus defender at the 1/2/3 spot in return.  Defense is what got the Cavs to 51 wins this season, but it hasn't been stellar in the playoffs so far.

I'm just wondering what the point of that trade was if the guy you gave up a war chest for isn't going to show up when it matters in the playoffs. Especially with what Markannen did this season. 

Maybe they just need a coaching change. I don't think that's going to turn Mitchell into a championship #1, though. Granted there may be fewer than 10 of those guys. 

I mean - he's getting outplayed by a guy that New York didn't have to do anything but draw up a contract for. 

Edited by ztejas