NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Putting up Harrison Barnes Game 7 stats with the Warriors on the broadcast...3 games, 5 ppg, 4 boards, 29% shooting. That's just mean, man.

Harrison Barnes today: 14 minutes, 4 points (1-4 shooting), 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 0 fouls. Bruh. Not how you want to enter free agency.

Not his fault--he's not a star--but talk about a bullet dodged. He turned down a big extension from Golden State in 2016 that directly led to the KD signing. What a different reality that would have been.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Truly incredible stat.

A little misleading since they probably weren't getting out of the first round two years ago had the won one of their play-in games, but it goes to show just how tough they are to eliminate in a 7 game series.

38 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

A little misleading since they probably weren't getting out of the first round two years ago had the won one of their play-in games, but it goes to show just how tough they are to eliminate in a 7 game series.

Yeah it's buoyed by the b2b playoffs misses but it's still crazy. 

James is a diva but a fantastic basketball player. He does everything and does it so well. At 38.

Curry is simply incredible. 6'1". 35 years old. And he still toys with everyone. The Barry Sanders of the NBA. A must watch, at every turn. Second only to Jordan.

The ratings for this series will be big. Very big. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

James is a diva but a fantastic basketball player. He does everything and does it so well. At 38.

Curry is simply incredible. 6'1". 35 years old. And he still toys with everyone. The Barry Sanders of the NBA. A must watch, at every turn. Second only to Jordan.

The ratings for this series will be big. Very big. 

Western conference finals might set records if we get KD vs LeBron or Curry.

Just now, Reynolds Woodcock said:

The Suns ain’t it this year. Maybe next if they upgrade supporting cast in the off-season. 

I agree.  I originally thought they were the favorites but they literally need KD, Booker, Ayton, and Paul to score 110 points and that's not happening.  They have no supporting cast at all.

I agree.  I originally thought they were the favorites but they literally need KD, Booker, Ayton, and Paul to score 110 points and that's not happening.  They have no supporting cast at all.

Not only that, but the suns don’t have the bodies to throw at Denver. MPJ, Gordon and especially joker are big. I didn’t realize how big Gordon and MPJ were until someone like ant and tayshaun prince were guarding them.

Websites have Durant listed at 240 and MPJ at 218 while Gordon’s at 235? That’s a very well hidden 240 ha ha. I would’ve pegged AG and MPJ being bigger than KD, they’re definitely more solid.

Ayton has no chance against joker giving up almost 40 pounds

This Lakers v Warriors series is going to be awesome

https://www.landofbasketball.com

Going back to Minneapolis and Philly the Lakers hold a 261-173 record against the Warriors. 

Thirty-five of those games are in the playoffs, dating back to 1967.

The Lakers hold a 24-11 record in playoff games.

The Warriors won the first series, 3-0, in 1967.

Since then the Lakers won in 1968, 1969, 1973, 1977, 1987, & 1991.

That 1991 team was the team that lost to Chicago, 4-1, in the championship.

6 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Not only that, but the suns don’t have the bodies to throw at Denver. MPJ, Gordon and especially joker are big. I didn’t realize how big Gordon and MPJ were until someone like ant and tayshaun prince were guarding them.

Websites have Durant listed at 240 and MPJ at 218 while Gordon’s at 235? That’s a very well hidden 240 ha ha. I would’ve pegged AG and MPJ being bigger than KD, they’re definitely more solid.

What's troubling for Phoenix is that going forward, what do they do?  With the various salaries, can they add people?  The odds of Durant and/or Paul being healthy for +70 games next year are basically zero.  Did they give away their future for second round exits?

Saw Durant in person a month ago.  He ain't 240 and I'm not sure he ever was.

Sacramento was a fun team to watch, but I was pulling hard for the W's just so we could have this round 2 matchup. It's going to be great. Just please can both teams get through this series healthy?

A few thoughts:

1. Looney was out of his mind against Sacramento, but he's stepping up in class in a major way trying to check Anthony Davis this round. One of the bigger revelations of the Kings series was that GS didn't have to guard Sabonis outside of 8 feet. Looney can't camp out under the basket like that against the Lakers. He's going to have his hands full and they will have to gang rebound to pick up the slack.
  2. We are going to get a bunch of Lebron v Draymond. So good. Can Lebron still play at a high level while wearing a cup?
  3. Ja, even with a jacked up hand, created some problems in Round for LA 1 but Curry is a much different animal. How do they check him? I don't know if I trust Russell to be that dialed in chasing him around screens.
  4. Both these teams have some versatile bench pieces and role players to mix and match for lineups, so there doesn't seem a ton to exploit either way. The key perimeter defenders for the Warriors - Wiggins, Thompson and Payton don't really match the Lakers main offensive threats unless either Thompson or Wiggins see time against Lebron. Just a completely different dynamic than round 1 when they had to chase around Fox and Monk. 
  5. This series is going to be much different than either teams first round match up. In contrast to the Kings running it up and down the court, the Lakers are going to want to slow it down and turn this into a slog. Memphis (outside of Bane) isn't much of a three point threat. The Warriors are going to spread them out like no other. This series could very well come down to who can dictate pace.

Bold prediction: I'm leaning just slightly towards the Warriors in a long (and hopefully riveting) series. They have homecourt and seem to be galvanized and hitting their stride at just the right time. And they just don't fucking lose in the playoffs while seemingly getting every break when it matters most. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Lakers take game 1, though. I think the Warriors are due for a let down from Game 7 and LA has had more rest.

• Like 2

This will be a cool series to watch. My guys in the Purple and Gold have no real answer to even slowing down Curry. I will be interested to see what patchwork defensive game plan Ham decides to employ against him. I’m hoping to see at least a few matchups with LeBron on him and vice versa on the other end. 

The entirety of LA’s hopes of winning this series depend on Russell playing above average at the point on both ends and AD not getting injured. As I typed this he probably almost tripped over a sheet of paper. I hope for the best, but if the Dubs win, that’s fine too. I don’t root for other teams or players, but Curry is so unique and his ability to control a game is just ridiculous to watch. Seeing him do well against everyone else except my guys is okay by me.

Edited by UpperWestside

15 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2285080

Supposed Clippers media member revealing some shit lol.

That sounds like the JV team I know and love. Clippers gonna Clip. Kawhi leaving two games at the half on his own is just so on-brand for him and that franchise. I am also still glad the Lakers did not hire Lue. 

38 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Just please can both teams get through this series healthy?

They play every other day all the way through a potential Game 7. Pretty rough for a couple of old teams, but travel will at least be easy.

13 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

That sounds like the JV team I know and love. Clippers gonna Clip. Kawhi leaving two games at the half on his own is just so on-brand for him and that franchise. I am also still glad the Lakers did not hire Lue. 

I have always hated the Lakers, but it just tickles me that LeBron went there and basically took the nephew's cookie. Fuck Kawhi.

10 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The Suns wanted nothing to do with Denver's physical play in Game 1.  Will be interesting to see if that trend continues.  

If I'm the Warriors, my gameplan would be to switch Davis onto whatever small guy has the ball, pull him out to the 3pt line and then keep running past him to the hoop until he turns an ankle and is out of the game/series. I don't think he can handle that for more than a game or two before he breaks down, at which point, the Lakers are toast. 

• Like 1

I think this is the Nugget's year now, they should be able to finish in 5 or 6, and take on a tired GS/LAL team as a reward. I don't see a full strength Denver team having trouble with either of those 2 at this point, even Phoenix should take them down pretty easily. If that GS/LAL series goes 6 or 7, they won't have much time off before WCF Game 1. Either way, I'm rooting for the winner of Denver/Phoneix, would love to see KD or Jokic finally win one (or one that matters).  The idea of KD Suns vs Curry Warriors is very enticing, and would make for a lot of fun drama. 

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Boston has 30 points in the paint 15 minutes into the game. 

What in the fuck. 

Terrible defense by both teams... quite a shooting display by 76ers & celtics going on

Boston leads 62-58

2min left in 2nd

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up