NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Doc even overrated anymore? Most saw this coming. I'm not surprised. He's a guy that raises the floor but lowers the ceiling.
Exactly. After his stint in Boston, this is who he is and what is expected of him. Game 7 losses and in embarrassing form.

And still lmao at Embiid winning MVP because of his crying campaign.

• Hook 'Em 2

good fuck those techbro douchebags. they were positioned with the  #2 pick in the draft to extend their dynasty and they picked james wiseman
I'm just wondering who all those dorky douchebag bandwagon fans will latch onto once this form of the Warriors are done.

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Haven't watched a second of this game 7, so someone please tell me there are some sarcastic "MVP! MVP!" chants going out right now???

There were when Tatum was at the line hitting FTs to get to 40 and the lead was 20.

• Haha 1

Just now, Slacks said:

Jimmy Butler and Jayson Tatum are overrated. 

I've read that. This playoffs. Here. 

Tatum has one great game while Butler has been consistently great in the playoffs. Tatum seems to really be a front runner. Not in the sense of a talking shit but just not being able to overcome adversity and will a victory when things are not firing on all cylinders.

7 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Tatum has one great game while Butler has been consistently great in the playoffs. Tatum seems to really be a front runner. Not in the sense of a talking shit but just not being able to overcome adversity and will a victory when things are not firing on all cylinders.

Maybe. But considering Game 6 where he scored 16 of his 19 in the 4th quarter, where he definitely wasn't playing well through 3, and then puts up 51 in a Game 7...shows at least some resolve.

2 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

30 / 8.8 / 4.6 regular season

26 / 10 / 5 (before today) in the playoffs. 

36 points in a loss. 7 points in a win in this series. 

I'd agree if you said he's sometime inconsistent, but this team doesnt go to the NBA finals last year and WCF this year if he's a 'Front Runner'. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Dude did not want to shoot after half. It was crazy. 

11 field goal attempts in elimination games is pretty much Harden's signature. Klay sucked shit through a straw in his series, but at least he went down shooting. I'd rather an offensive star be 3-22 than 3-11 in a big game.

• Like 2

TTo be fair, Be. SIMMONS hasn't played basketball since then, Chris Paul and Blake Griffith (iykyk) haven't done any more than they did with Doc, and Harden looked like this in elimination games with OKC, Houston, and Brooklyn. 

I'm not saying Doc Rivers is great, but he hasn't made any team worse and his teams usually get better at defense. 

Fwiw, I picked BOS to win it all so PHI losing in game 7 is a game better than I expected. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Like Phoenix, Philly is in a tough, tough spot.

Embiid sucked shit through a straw today but he had a tremendous year.  But he turns 30 next March and is owed over $200 the next 4 years - any step backwards from him and that contract becomes among the worst in the league.  

Harden will undoubtedly decline his player option for next season and become a FA - could be good or bad for Philly.

Tobias is owed $39 million next season.  😬

And then there's Doc.

Unless Maxey and Melton make unrealistically gigantic leaps, I can't see that team winning 50 games next season.

Selecting Fultz over Tatum (and maybe to a lesser extent choosing to pay Tobias instead of Butler) will forever be the great what-if for Philly fans.

55 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Awesome. Score half of your average, have the best two players on the team combine for 24 points, scoring the 3rd and 5th most of all Philly starters...then blame everyone else.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Selecting Fultz over Tatum (and maybe to a lesser extent choosing to pay Tobias instead of Butler) will forever be the great what-if for Philly fans.

People keep saying that, but the Sixers were going to take Fultz all along.  They were so desperate to make that pick, they traded the #3 to the Celtics for the #1.

Had Philly (or the Lakers) made any noise about taking Tatum that year, Boston keeps their pick and takes Tatum anyway.

And Philly wasn't going to back out of the deal once they had the #1, because if they had fucked over Celtics and taken Tatum, then that's the fastest way to keep the entire league from doing business with you down the road.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, Slacks said:

30 / 8.8 / 4.6 regular season

26 / 10 / 5 (before today) in the playoffs. 

36 points in a loss. 7 points in a win in this series. 

I'd agree if you said he's sometime inconsistent, but this team doesnt go to the NBA finals last year and WCF this year if he's a 'Front Runner'. 

Now do the shooting percentages. But yeah, what I mean is he's never going to turn it around mid game. When he's on he's as good as anyone. When it's a bad first half, just send him home.

57 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Now do the shooting percentages. But yeah, what I mean is he's never going to turn it around mid game. When he's on he's as good as anyone. When it's a bad first half, just send him home.

Shooting percentage is moving the goal post.

He did exactly turn it around in the 2nd half of game 6 and ended up with 36 in a loss. 

He's about as good as anybody in the league offensively or defensively.