NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

I agree with whomever above said that adjustments LA made in the 2nd half won't be a surprise anymore to Denver. They have time to go to the drawing board to counter. Which is what makes these 7 game series fun. Constant adjustments.

How often is AD going to give you what he gave you last night? Lakers got that from him and still needed a late surge to even make the score respectable. He is always due for a stinker, especially after a huge game. Lakers have no real shot with those performances from him. Their margin of error is razor thin this series.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I don't expect Murray to score 30pts a night, M.Porter will likely disappear in scoring in the 2nd half of games, and Caldwell-Pope/Brown will be defended better going forward.  This series might end up going 7 games.

Murray is averaging over 26 a game in the playoffs.  Last night is what he's been doing the whole time.  Series might go 7, but Murray has been filling it up.

7 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Hug? I mean the coaches never adjusted last night as the Lakers kept eating into the lead while Denver's offense stagnated 

Yeah, they were slow to adapt last night.  I have no doubt they'll be ready for that come tomorrow night.  

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I agree with whomever above said that adjustments LA made in the 2nd half won't be a surprise anymore to Denver. They have time to go to the drawing board to counter. Which is what makes these 7 game series fun. Constant adjustments.

How often is AD going to give you what he gave you last night? Lakers got that from him and still needed a late surge to even make the score respectable. He is always due for a stinker, especially after a huge game. Lakers have no real shot with those performances from him. Their margin of error is razor thin this series.

I feel like this series is a lot like the Suns series for the Nuggets.  AD and LeBron have to go off to win.  AD had a great game last night and LeBron had a good game and they combined for 66.  And they still lost.  And they can't count on 23 from Reaves every night.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I feel like this series is a lot like the Suns series for the Nuggets.  AD and LeBron have to go off to win.  AD had a great game last night and LeBron had a good game and they combined for 66.  And they still lost.  And they can't count on 23 from Reaves every night.

I almost commented something similar last night. There's a main difference in that LA's role guys are much better than what PHO closed that series with. I think if CP doesn't go down they maybe stretch it to 7 games but what Book and KD were working with was a fucking joke come game 6 (I don't care how many points Cam Payne scored - Denver was fine with giving him 40).

I also think AD is a better matchup against Jokic than anything PHO had. Not to discount how good Booker was but Davis lets them do some stuff against Jokic that PHO wasn't capable of. 

KD and Bron feel like a wash. Durant is capable of and can do more than LeBron at this point in their careers but LeBron doesn't have to do as much on D next to AD and is obviously a higher IQ orchestrator when it comes to "solving" some of what Denver is doing. 

That said - and one more point - PHO was probably more capable of Ding Murray up and keeping him in check between Shamet and Booker. I know Murray still got his but he had to work for it. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I almost commented something similar last night. There's a main difference in that LA's role guys are much better than what PHO closed that series with. I think if CP doesn't go down they maybe stretch it to 7 games but what Book and KD were working with was a fucking joke come game 6 (I don't care how many points Cam Payne scored - Denver was fine with giving him 40).

I also think AD is a better matchup against Jokic than anything PHO had. Not to discount how good Booker was but Davis lets them do some stuff against Jokic that PHO wasn't capable of. 

KD and Bron feel like a wash. Durant is capable of and can do more than LeBron at this point in their careers but LeBron doesn't have to do as much on D next to AD and is obviously a higher IQ orchestrator when it comes to "solving" some of what Denver is doing. 

AD is going to have to match that output every night to be on the same level as Booker in these playoffs.  That guy just went fucking nuts every night.  He finished the playoffs with almost 34 per game on 59/51/87 shooting splits.  Agreed that KD and LeBron are probably a wash.

Agree that the Lakers role players are better than the Suns, but that's not saying much - they aren't a deep team.

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

If AD or Lebron drives to the hoop there is a 60% chance of a defensive foul call regardless of action by the defender. 

As a spectator you damn near expect the whistle every time. 

I thought last night was actually called pretty damn close, with the exception of the stretch in the 4th where the Lakers went to the line on 4 straight possessions, making all 8 FTs.  

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Someone on a show pointed this out earlier and i thought it was funny, but we kill AD when he has a below average night offensively but still has an excellent game defensively and rebounding wise. Last night was kind of the inverse of that where he was spectacular offensively, but below average with his defense and especially his rebounding. Jokic absolutely murdered them on the boards in the first half. But nobody is saying AD didn't have a good game last night, which i thought was the case. He was just OK to me. For LA to win, he has to be excellent defensively and a lot better rebounding than he was last night.

Edited by Pam Cummings

10 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Disagree that Davis had a bad night on defense. Jokic was so good it just didn't matter. Second half with Davis as the help defense he was very good other than our effort on a few closeouts.

I guess i wouldn't say bad, just not his best. And agree it got better when they did the adjustment and let him roam.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I get what you are saying but DEN played an otherworldly game too.  They cant shoot like that and have a historic game from Jokic every night out either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Someone on a show pointed this out earlier and i thought it was funny, but we kill AD when he has a below average night offensively but still has an excellent game defensively and rebounding wise. Last night was kind of the inverse of that where he was spectacular offensively, but below average with his defense and especially his rebounding. Jokic absolutely murdered them on the boards in the first half. But nobody is saying AD didn't have a good game last night, which i thought was the case. He was just OK to me. For LA to win, he has to be excellent defensively and a lot better rebounding than he was last night.

He couldnt rebound in the first half cause he was contesting shots and no one else was there to get the boards as the Lakers were small with the 3 guards in.   Not a coincidence that Jokic had 12 boards in the first quarter or that AD rebounded much better in the 2nd half when his primary responsibility wasnt guarding Jokic.

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Heat leaving Garden tonight with a win... 🔥

No Olidepo and no Herro, also Lowry still looks hurt. Butler is a fucking gangster I'm glad he is on the Heat with a good coach.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Wasn't able to watch the last 5 minutes of this Game 1. 

But on the bright side, I was able to watch a commercial for the Little Fucking Mermaid about 30 times because YoutubeTV is a fucking mess.

Google sucks shit lol all that money and completely brainless people "working" there.

In the future just bootleg it when YouTube takes a shit

https://v2.sportsurge.net/

Also Disney live action remakes are ass my dude

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Agree with commentary after game criticizing lack of consistency from celtics for 4 qtrs. 

Boston turns the ball over way too much, and it's not uncommon for them to have long scoring droughts during playoff games. 

It's crazy that Boston has already lost 3 or 4 games at home in the 2023 playoffs.

16 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

if AD drives to the hoop there's a 60% chance that he ruptures something. AD is like a better version of Harden- when he's at his best he's mvp level,  if he's never at his best for more than a game or two. 

FT/Fouls from Warriors series:

Lakers : Warriors

Game 1(Lakers W):
FT 25-29 : 5-6
Fouls 12 : 24

Game 2(Warriors W):
FT 10-17 : 10-16
Fouls 15 : 23

Game 3(Lakers W):
FT 28-37 : 12-17
Fouls 21: 22

Game 4(Lakers W):