NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

What a memorable WCF by Deangelo “Timberwolves held be back” Russell. 25 total points on 34% shooting, 2/15 from 3,8 total assists, 6 turnovers and +/- of -47 while losing his starting spot in an elimination game.

Going into this series with Denver I said DLo had to play extraordinary for LA to have a chance. He didn’t even have an average game. Total loser effort these last few years in the playoffs. 1 great game and 6 terrible games is his M.O. This guy wants $30,000,000 a year. For as bad as the Gobert trade fizzled, we did turn that production into 3 second round picks, Mike Conley and a 3-Der NAW.

I thought Ham should’ve tried Malik Beasley off the bench. He’s instant offense and a flame thrower if he’s cooking. He’s in a slump but he keeps defenses honest with his ability to get hot. Ham played him 1 total minute this series.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I'm rarely one to defend LeBron, but the LeBron takes on this page are just awful.

He gave a tremendous effort to try to keep a team that was clearly outmatched from being swept, despite knowing that the series was already over.

Some people just wanna hate and dont appreciate greatness.

Is 30/14/13 a good game? Jokic is a fucking animal.

It’s insane. As a fan of an opposing team, you look for joker misses.For instance sometimes against MN he starts like 1-5 or 0-4. I’m like “ok we have a shot”. He secretly will have 6 assists and 5 rebounds in the first qtr while the scores nuggets 16, wolves 18 while joker has missed every shot. You know that’s not going to last.

Then he goes on a rampage hitting high arcing shot clock buzzer beater 3s on 1 foot and starts driving bullying his way to an easy bucket to score 25 points in a half. It’s like wtf. Meanwhile you have to contain Murray from going off and hope Bruce brown,MPJ or aaron Gordon have subpar games. THEN you can maybe talk about beating denver. Tough tough team game plan for
  • Like 1

ezgif.com-add-text.gif.0cfcfe1d96e890ea6dc1afdbe41af0f3.gif

Lebron has done nothing but talk about playing in the league with his son for years. Even if he sucked ass these days, he'd stick around for that. But he just averaged 28.9/8.3/6.8 so we all know this is more Lebron preening for attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Blotto said:

ezgif.com-add-text.gif.0cfcfe1d96e890ea6dc1afdbe41af0f3.gif

Lebron has done nothing but talk about playing in the league with his son for years. Even if he sucked ass these days, he'd stick around for that. But he just averaged 28.9/8.3/6.8 so we all know this is more Lebron preening for attention. 

He's pulling a TB12

55 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Guess not

Just pre emptive excuses in case the Nuggets lost.

I don't think the LeBron in the 4th has two more years left in him. Not unless he takes half a season off. He looked tired and ready for a nap down the stretch. It was so bad the refs wouldn't even give the call when Murray tied him up. I just knew they were going to call something there.

Also, Denver has made a believer out of me. I wanted to see how they handled the playoffs. Perfect example of what happens when you take time to build a team.

• Like 2

Denver has been great this whole season and playoffs, but let's not forget that this team has been assembled for a while, they have just had a lot of bad luck with injuries. They might have made it to a Finals before this if not for injuries, but that's just how it works. 

Remember when MPJ got his big contract extension, and there was talk of him never even playing again due to back injuries? They even held him out his rookie year to be cautious with his back. He was slated to be a top 5 pick, but fell to 14th due to injury concerns. It was a gamble to pick him, but it really paid off.

Jamaal Murray tore his ACL towards the end of the 20/21 season, and that was a huge blow to the team. Then he missed all of last year due to the recovery process, and now he's back to being an Allstar. Every championship requires a lot of talent and a bit of luck, and it looks like this is Denver's year. I hope they can finish it off, and get Jokic the MVP that really matters, a Finals MVP!  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I don't think the LeBron in the 4th has two more years left in him. Not unless he takes half a season off. He looked tired and ready for a nap down the stretch. It was so bad the refs wouldn't even give the call when Murray tied him up. I just knew they were going to call something there.

Also, Denver has made a believer out of me. I wanted to see how they handled the playoffs. Perfect example of what happens when you take time to build a team.

I mean….

008030ca89ec4914469dd75ec2e0aa63.jpg

At 38 he’s probably the most impressive athletic specimen we will ever see in our lives. I think we can give him a pass for being a little tired in the 4th if he’s played every minute of the game lol
  • Hook 'Em 1

I could see LeBron missing most of next season with some type of injury. I don’t think he can handle all the attention that will be given to Wembanyama next year either.

The following year will be all about him “returning” to the NBA the same year his son is drafted. And that’s what everyone is going to be talking about all fucking year in 2024.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Some people just wanna hate and dont appreciate greatness.

When I was much younger I would hate on opponents of my guys. As you age you kinda just mellow out and realize that sports are supposed to be an enjoyable part of life and not a miserable experience that someone is forcing you to endure. I have enjoyed this Lakers run, but did so in a much more hands off fashion than normal. Life can do that to you. The Nuggets were and are awesome and they are now fortunate to have all their pieces working in perfect synergy (Well as close to that ideal as possible) and the results so far speak for themselves. Jokic deserves the heaps of praise given to him as do his teammates and coaching staff. Just a beautifully constructed team that is fun to watch.

The people here that post incessant amounts of negativity also do it all across this site. You could tell some folks that it’s a beautiful blue sky today (at least it is here) and they would argue how horrible it looks. I don’t really even look at it as hating on LeBron so much as negativity is the brand that person has decided to embrace. We all have times where we are upset or pissed about situations in life, but when it becomes the totality of who you are then you have quite the issue on your hands.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Kyrie would improve the Lakers big time.

I do not wish to see him wearing a Purple and Gold jersey, but I think LeBron really wants him. He might be the only player in the league that can corral his corrosive personality. No one else has been able to since he left Cleveland. Whether the Lakers add him or not is not in my control. I said previously I would not actively root for the Lakers if they ever added him and I am okay with sticking to that. His personal brand of anti-science, as well as promoting the demonization of Jewish people, is just not something I want the Lakers associated with.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

When I was much younger I would hate on opponents of my guys. As you age you kinda just mellow out and realize that sports are supposed to be an enjoyable part of life and not a miserable experience that someone is forcing you to endure.

Sounds like something a loser would say.

• Haha 1

i could definitely see that. miami was *this* close to not even being in the playoffs for a reason. now the celtics do not appear to have championship dna, in fact i think jimmy has more heart than just about their entire team combined, but the heat seriously just aren't very good. if they do win this series it'll be a very quick finals loss to denver.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Wish these miami isn’t a good team hot takes came at halftime and not after Boston went crazy in the third qtr and finally won a game. They were close to going 8-1 Vs Milwaukee and Boston. Bad teams normally would do that.

hot take? they're the 8 seed, they barely even made it into the playoffs, and aside from jimmy and bam their team is blatantly mediocre. also, the talk this postseason has not been about how miami is such a great team that's getting hot at the right time, it's been about how jimmy butler is michael jordan's equal for single handedly kicking the asses of entire opposing teams. the heat are not a very good team.

Edited by shadow_operative