NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

The Heat need inspired play from Lowry and absolutely cannot have Strus, Vincent, and Robinson combine for 2/13 from 3. I can't imagine a scenario in which they don't eventually close out Boston just b/c winning 4 in a row in the NBA is hard. That said, Nuggets very likely to roll them up and smoke them.

Edited by SilasCoade

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston is just not championship material. We all know that. We know Denver would annihilate their weak asses. I personally prefer to see the Heat get a crack, because they are more of an unknown to me. Curious to see if they can keep hitting shots at a high rate.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

This Miami / Boston series is such a case study in the NBA being a make or miss league.

Heat were 27th in 3 point shooting during the regular season at 34.4%, finished 7th place in the conference and had to win a play-in game to make the playoffs. They have been shooting 38% from 3 in the playoffs (without Herro, one of their best shooters) so far. Last season, they led the league in 3 point percentage at 37.9% during the regular season and finished in first place in the conference. They shot 31% from 3 in the playoffs last season. I have no idea what regression to mean is with these guys.

Boston was 4th in the league in 3 point shooting this year at 37.9%. They've shot 32.5% for the Miami series after shooting 40% against Atlanta and 38.6% against Philly. They shot 40% last night in their win.

Defense certainly has a ton to do with the type of looks you get and what percentage you shoot -- and I don't have access to those Synergy stats that show you how open either team has been on their 3 point shots -- but the eye test tells me that Boston has just been missing a bunch of open shots in this series and Miami has been on fire. This series is for all intents over, but I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibilities that Boston stays hot for 3 more games while Miami goes cold. The margins for the Heat aren't very good otherwise. I don't think they can win very often if Boston out shoots them.

Boston was down at halftime and had their best quarter of the series in the 3rd. Miami had no response.

I’m actually happy Boston won. Something to look forward to tomorrow night. If this does go 7, the winner will have 2 days rest before heading to Denver. LOTS of pressure on Miami to close out Boston to get on Denver’s page of rest and maybe even fly out to Denver early for altitude purposes.

Can’t wait to see how this unfolds

On 5/23/2023 at 10:58 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I mean….

008030ca89ec4914469dd75ec2e0aa63.jpg

At 38 he’s probably the most impressive athletic specimen we will ever see in our lives. I think we can give him a pass for being a little tired in the 4th if he’s played every minute of the game lol

Not only that, he was overused all season to try and keep the Lakers in playoff contention. 

Next season if they really keep a good strategy of resting Davin and Lebron a lot, keeping their minutes down when they do play, and letting the team grow around Rui, Austin, and Lonny they will be in good shape for the playoffs. I know everyone keeps saying they need another major star but I don't really see it happening. I don't think Trae or Kyrie are in the running.

Get rid of D Lo obviously, but maybe Mike Conley? I don't really know who they can get that is a proven PG that can run the offense and not get injured because it's another older player.. 

After game 1: Mazzulla is totally out matched

After game 2: Mazzulla has no idea what he is doing. There was a reason he was in the second row last year.

After game 3: Second row Joe shouldn’t even be allowed to coach game 4. What a loser.

After game 4: Mazzulla didn’t let them quit. He might make a good coordinator one day.

After game 5: Mazzulla has these boys believing. What a turn around!

After game 6: Mazzulla is the best coach in the league. No question.

After game 7: Mazzulla should get a lifetime contract and be in the hall of fame immediately

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 5/24/2023 at 6:34 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Celts in 7. This Miami team isn’t actually good. The celts were losing by 10 and ready to fold and then Miami let them off the canvas. 

Yep yep. Miami has one chance here and that’s tomorrow. I’m not giving Boston any credit for heart of a champ or resiliency. They did last round to a mentally weak team looking to quit and if they do it this round it’s Tina thoroughly mediocre team that they never should have allowed to get in this situation over them. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep yep. Miami has one chance here and that’s tomorrow. I’m not giving Boston any credit for heart of a champ or resiliency. They did last round to a mentally weak team looking to quit and if they do it this round it’s Tina thoroughly mediocre team that they never should have allowed to get in this situation over them. 

Too soon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

After game 1: Mazzulla is totally out matched

After game 2: Mazzulla has no idea what he is doing. There was a reason he was in the second row last year.

After game 3: Second row Joe shouldn’t even be allowed to coach game 4. What a loser.

After game 4: Mazzulla didn’t let them quit. He might make a good coordinator one day.

After game 5: Mazzulla has these boys believing. What a turn around!

After game 6: Mazzulla is the best coach in the league. No question.

After game 7: Mazzulla should get a lifetime contract and be in the hall of fame immediately

Lmao, love it. Rooting for "Mazzulla shits all over Bill Simmons" story lines.

• Haha 1

Mazzulla is still a bad coach and shouldn't be the head coach of a contender. He's probably fine for a lottery team, but he's not good at the Xs and Os, and nearly lost to a Doc Rivers coached team in 7 while having the more talented team. That means he's about even or worse as a coach as Doc, which doesn't bode well for his future as a head coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Miami is getting jobbed tonight.

Alright not really but I don't understand how that works. 

This foul trouble might be problematic for BOS. 

Celtics settling, Miami attacking. 

2nd row Joe showing out tonight. 

Butler 2/15 through 3. 

I've never liked this Boston team. But at the end of the day Jimmy just isn't LeBron or KD. And that's alright. 

Is it weird that it's potentially taken this long for a team to come back down 3-0 - or is it really that hard?

It's just baffling that this Boston team let it come to this. Then again their '08 title team still holds the record for most playoff games played with 26.