NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Spo needs major adjustment for game 2. Whatever tonight was isn’t going to work

Let me get this straight. You're watching this game thinking - "I'm not sure what this Spo game plan is. He really needs to go back to the drawing board." 

That's certainly a take. I mean, personally, my takeaway is that Miami is fucking gassed and on top of it staring down a massive roster disadvantage. 

I will give the Heat this: they're a few missed open 3s away from this being respectable. But there's a reason they aren't making those open threes. 

Let me get this straight. You're watching this game thinking - "I'm not sure what this Spo game plan is. He really needs to go back to the drawing board." 
That's certainly a take. I mean, personally, my takeaway is that Miami is fucking gassed and on top of it staring down a massive roster disadvantage. 
I will give the Heat this: they're a few missed open 3s away from this being respectable. But there's a reason they aren't making those open threes. 

His game plan was whatever worked Vs Boston, let’s try against the Denver giants. It was pretty unimaginative.
Miami is going to have to bring out some beef. Jimmy and Caleb Martin have been complete non factors too

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

His game plan was whatever worked Vs Boston will work against the Denver giants. It was pretty unimaginative.

Dude no offense but what the fuck are you even talking about? Are you just sitting on the floor staring at the wall? 

You really think that first half came down to Spoelstra's gameplanning ability? 

Miami has zero fucking answers for this Denver team. We've all been talking about it for days now. Their only hope is to totally outplay them. 

Dude no offense but what the fuck are you even talking about? Are you just sitting on the floor staring at the wall? 
You really think that first half came down to Spoelstra's gameplanning ability? 
Miami has zero fucking answers for this Denver team. We've all been talking about it for days now. Their only hope is to totally outplay them. 

No you fucking dolt. Just leave the damn thread like you always do after someone sits you down if you’re going to be a bitch.

WHAT FUCKING WORKED IN BOSTON ISNT GOING TO FLY IN DENVER.

SPO IS TROTTING OUT THE SAME PLAYERS WHEN THEYRE AT A SEVERE HEIGHT AND WEIGHT DISADVANTAGE

STRUS WAS 0-7, A LOT OF WIDE OPEN LOOKS

GORDON IS BEING GUARDED BY GABE VINCENT. ITS WAY TOO EASY WHEN YOUR PF IS BEING GUARDED BY A PG.

Tell me why on gods green earth is trotting out 4 guards Vs denver is a good game plan. No seriously…why. Go read the game thread on the heat subreddit. There’s tons of questions on why there isn’t a power forward out there

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

No you fucking dolt. Just leave the damn thread like you always do after someone sits you down if you’re going to be a bitch.

WHAT FUCKING WORKED IN BOSTON ISNT GOING TO FLY IN DENVER.

SPO IS TROTTING OUT THE SAME PLAYERS WHEN THEYRE AT A SEVERE HEIGHT AND WEIGHT DISADVANTAGE

STRUS WAS 0-7, A LOT OF WIDE OPEN LOOKS

GORDON IS BEING GUARDED BY GABE VINCENT. ITS WAY TOO EASY WHEN YOUR PF IS BEING GUARDED BY A PG.

Tell me why on gods green earth is trotting out 4 guards Vs denver is a good game plan. No seriously…why. Go read the game thread on the heat subreddit. There’s tons of questions on why there isn’t a power forward out there

You repeatedly questioning what - by virtual consensus - the best coach in the NBA right now is doing is hysterical enough - let alone melting down over it. 

Chill the fuck out. You aren't Erik Spoelstra. Neither are the 16 year old dipshit Heat fans posting in the game thread on their subreddit.

Edited by ztejas

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
15 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Brooklyn getting rid of him was baffling. 

I'm afraid he's gone after the playoffs. Has a player option on his contact. I love his game, though.

He would be a tremendous pickup for the Suns.

11 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

I'm assuming they find a way to dump Paul

Ear to the street they're keeping CP and going to deal DA. 

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Don’t see many 7 game winning streaks in the playoffs.

Yeah that's pretty hot. What did y'all do in '17? 14?

Actually I believe it was 13. You swept the first 3 rounds - Cleveland took game 2 then Durant hit that shot in game 3 in CLE.

So he did hit the shot in G3 but that was to go up 3-0 - then Cleveland took G4 with 80 in the first half. Here's the list. 

Screenshot_20230601_213931_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89be10ba8d19461fe7a4234d2b908205.jpg

Edited by ztejas

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I'll take it. Hell of a start, Nuggs.

This is yours. Enjoy it because it can be fleeting. But this is just the beginning. You have everything in place to make a 5-6 year run at this thing. 

He really, really reminds me of Duncan. 

• Like 1

This Jokic interview on NBATV is everything. They asked him which guys he modeled his game after and he, jokingly, said it was you Shaq! then let everyone laugh then responded "It was Tim Duncan, LaMarcus Aldridge, Boris Diaw, Dirk Nowitzki... guys like that"

I think I'm in love. @shadow_operative why did you keep this from me for so long? You cheating whore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This Jokic interview on NBATV is everything. They asked him which guys he modeled his game after and he, jokingly, said it was you Shaq! then let everyone laugh then responded "It was Tim Duncan, LaMarcus Aldridge, Boris Diaw, Dirk Nowitzki... guys like that"
I think I'm in love. [mention=5437]shadow_operative[/mention] why did you keep this from me for so long? You cheating whore. 
Just watched that interview. Too bad Jok's brothers left. I want to see the picture with them and Shaq.

Derka has been trying to tell you about Jokic for a few years. He's incredible.

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Just watched that interview. Too bad Jok's brothers left. I want to see the picture with them and Shaq.

Shit I know how good he is at basketball. I didn't know that his biggest influences were the greatest Spur of all time and the 2nd greatest Longhorn of all time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I don't watch much regular season NBA, so my "real" introduction to Nikola was the 2019 first-round series against San Antonio. I immediately and irrevocably fell in love with Jokic and Murray and their two-man game. They were unguardable. The Nuggets have been my second team ever since.

Anyway, here's that interview. Shaq's comments at the end are pretty moving. You can tell how sincere Diesel is with his words.

• Like 3

First Things First is a great show. Love the chemistry they have. And if you watch that clip he didnt even say anything crazy. He said he thinks Charles Barkley and KG were better than Dirk. It's a fair opinion.
Except KG isn't even close to Dirk. The only people who hold that opinion might be Boston fans. And he's saying this just to get attention. Which it worked. Seeing I've seen this clip all over social media the last 24 hours

Except KG isn't even close to Dirk. The only people who hold that opinion might be Boston fans. And he's saying this just to get attention. Which it worked. Seeing I've seen this clip all over social media the last 24 hours

“Isn’t even close” is a bit of a stretch lol

Dirk was the more polished skilled player. KGs defense and passing was superior and rare for a 6’11 big. But dirks skill with the ball separated the 2. Both are easily in that 3-8 top PF of all time list so…

11 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

“Isn’t even close” is a bit of a stretch lol

Dirk was the more polished skilled player. KGs defense and passing was superior and rare for a 6’11 big. But dirks skill with the ball separated the 2. Both are easily in that 3-8 top PF of all time list so…

KG is the whiniest cunt to ever lace up a pair of sneakers.

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

KG is the whiniest cunt to ever lace up a pair of sneakers.

I'm not a big KG guy as a Spurs fan but he was damn good. He and Dirk are definitely comparable with career achievements. I give the edge to Dirk though, that ring he won was just a tad heavier.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm not a big KG guy as a Spurs fan but he was damn good. He and Dirk are definitely comparable with career achievements. I give the edge to Dirk though, that ring he won was just a tad heavier.

He was a very good player.  Also a whiny cunt.  A player can be both.