NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fun while it lasted for LA. God awful since that large early lead

Lake show still gonna put Steve Kerr and the golden boys out. If they keep Pool they aren't sniffing another WCF.

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Okie fuck is pretty good

From Arkansas though

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
4 hours ago, Baboontyme said:
Wiggins wouldn't take the jab for months and said he regretted giving in and doing it after they won the championship. They say he is going to need an injection to play tonight. Maybe it was just the gene mutating nature of the jab that he didn't like? If Wiggins doesn't play seems like Bron is in a very good spot. 

You an anti vaxxer, boon?

Yes I read on FB that the vax alters your genetic makeup. I didn't want my kids turning trans so I avoided it at all costs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Green does insane shit constantly and they throw out Schruder lmao

NBA is a joke

Draymond I honestly think gets away with more than anyone in the NBA. He is so demonstrative I just don't think refs know what to do with him so they give him a ton of extra rope. He's really smart positionally and knows how to work the system but he's so physical he could probably get called for a foul on most 1:1 possessions. 

Just now, Fastbreak said:

Smart play by Poole. I hope other teams are looking so they can trade his ass.

Lol nobody is gonna want him after how he's acting, playing, and his insane contract. Draymond should finish him. 

Just now, Fastbreak said:

Smart play by Poole. I hope other teams are looking so they can trade his ass.

No chance. They'll have to start next season with him and try to showcase him early in the season. Otherwise, ain't no one trading for that contract.

Poole sucks, Wiggins--their 2nd best player the past two years--is clearly hobbled, Klay forgot how to shoot, Steph can't buy a 3. It's almost impressive it's only a 14 point lead.

Just now, gofuckyourself said:

Jordan

Scalabrine

LBJ (distant 3rd)

For reals though 

Modern ish era

Jordan

Shaq

Kobe

Hakeem

Dirk

Durant

LBJ

Duncan

Then there's just guys I like to watch

Vince Carter

Tracy McGrady

JR Smith

Penny

what is up with lebron's post game answers this year, both on court and press conference? normally he's bending over backwards to show you just how smart he is whenever he answers a question. this year i've watched him do like 12 interviews and every single time he says the same thing: "they're a good team, we work hard, we take nothing for granted, they made some good plays, we're keeping one foot in front of the other, just taking it one day at a time." it's a fucking platitude-off every single for time he speaks, with zero emotion or inflection. what's his angle here? is it simply that he knows that LAL is not as good as Denver and so he's seriously just trying to proverbially keep his head down, or is this some type of pseudo MJ/Kobe self inflicted head games type of thing? 

Edited by shadow_operative

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

giphy.gif

Meh, they a least showed some fight. Cut it to 4 after the initial onslaught. Had a couple shots to cut it to single digits in the 4th. They didn't roll over and die...just couldn't make shit.

• Like 1

Meh, they a least showed some fight. Cut it to 4 after the initial onslaught. Had a couple shots to cut it to single digits in the 4th. They didn't roll over and die...just couldn't make shit.

Pretty impressive western conference playoff run for Kerr & co with this being his first defeat after winning the previous 19 series
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Klay looks cooked. Wide open shot after wide open spot. If he were still a viable number two, the warriors are still playing. I really thought he’d come back from his injuries but he was less valuable to his team than Austin Reaves or Lonnie Walker. 

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that. He's always been a spotty playoff performer, but that was downright embarrassing. Started the season slow, but was pretty solid after New Year's. Led the league in made 3's on 41% shooting. Probably a combination of too many minutes on those reconstructed legs and being way up in his own head.

Mark Jackson kept saying that he's the kind of player that doesn't care if he's 0-10, he thinks the next one is going in and can get hot at any time. But that's never really been true for him. The first quarter usually determines how his game is going to go offensively. He's wound tighter than most great shooters and doesn't have the same unwavering confidence.

Lakers vs Nuggets, Lakers will get all of the calls necessary to make the series last at least 6 games.  Game 7s are somewhat of a rarity, to my memory.  Nuggets have better team to my eye, just watching the last two series.  I think AD has done all he can do, and will most likely disappear sometime during the Nuggets series.  I say Nuggets in 6.

Edited by JGrayDBU

More than anything, Klay looks slow now. He used to be an A+ defender, but not anymore by a long shot. And because of that he is having to work harder on both ends especially in the playoffs. My guess is that is why his shot isn’t falling. Fatigue due to age and loss of a step.

• Hook 'Em 2

Lakers vs Nuggets, Lakers will get all of the calls necessary to make the series last at least 6 games.  Game 7s are somewhat of a rarity, to my memory.  Nuggets have better team to my eye, just watching the last two series.  I think AD has done all he can do, and will most likely disappear sometime during the Nuggets series.  I say Nuggets in 6.
This series is gonna be tough for the Nuggets. Lakers will get all the whistles. Just have to keep Jokic out of foul trouble.