NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

Lakers bench isn’t as good as Denver’s

Denver’s younger. Shroder might be a nuisance for Murray.

LA doesn’t exactly have size that could body joker if brow gets hurt or in foul trouble, and denver is lights out at home. 6-0 with averaging nearly 15 points per margin of victory.

I’d put LAs chances at winning in denver closer to 0% than say something like 10%. The games in LA probably a toss up

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

More than anything, Klay looks slow now. He used to be an A+ defender, but not anymore by a long shot. And because of that he is having to work harder on both ends especially in the playoffs. My guess is that is why his shot isn’t falling. Fatigue due to age and loss of a step.

Well, catastrophic knee and achilles injuries will do that.

I kind of think Bron knows this might be it, and he'll play out of his mind against the Nuggets. It might not be enough, but he'll ball out. 

Harden's engagement will be interesting tomorrow. If he plays well, hustles, defends, it's a good indicator for the next couple years on the Rockets. I'll watch Game 7 for that very reason. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Pretty impressive western conference playoff run for Kerr & co with this being his first defeat after winning the previous 19 series

This stat is so odd to me, the Warriors lost 2 play-in games during the bubble season, one of which was against the Lebron Lakers, and the other against the Grizzlies. So they failed to win either of the "win or go home games" but we don't count it?  They had Curry and Green (no Klay), yet couldn't get out of the play-in. I know it's not a "series" but it still means something. Both games were very close and could have gone either way. 

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

This stat is so odd to me, the Warriors lost 2 play-in games during the bubble season, one of which was against the Lebron Lakers, and the other against the Grizzlies. So they failed to win either of the "win or go home games" but we don't count it?  They had Curry and Green (no Klay), yet couldn't get out of the play-in. I know it's not a "series" but it still means something. Both games were very close and could have gone either way. 

And 9 of them were with Durant on the team. It isn't nearly as impressive as the Spurs run. 

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

And 9 of them were with Durant on the team. It isn't nearly as impressive as the Spurs run. 

And, yes, Klay was out for those play-in games. Last night was the first time Steph, Klay, and Dray have ever been beat when they started every game in the series.

Edited by aggie08

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah that Blazers team was a real handful 😂

Pretty sure Durant gave you like 45 and 50 b2b in that Clippers series. Feel like that maybe made it a bit easier for Curry and crew.

2018 1st round Curry didn't play. Better make it 7.

Edited by ztejas

36 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

No one knows how to count the play-in games yet. The stats literally don't exist anywhere that the NBA counts them.

54 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, 6th Street said:
Lakers have a secret weapon 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyn-pOo4Wh1VcScQcDtUQ-AWPWfgWIv-48qA&usqp=CAU

Yeah, if the refs do what they did in the bubble, Nuggs could be fucked. Putting Jok in foul trouble early every game is almost impossible to dig out of.

I'm either Nuggets or Jimmy Buckets.  They better not gift this shit to LA.  I'm a Reaves fan and it would be nice if he was the reason LA did something but bad feeling it will be the refs doing their biddin.  I still remember the 2002 Kings fuckjob like it was yesterday and I have a sick feeling Denver is getting it this time around.  

The Ishbias are complete fucking dbags so it's nice seeing the Suns out at least... 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I feel good about the series against Denver. Jokic is going to be his usual amazing self, but if AD can stay on the court and play the way he is playing the Purple and Gold win the series. It really just comes down to what AD does. It is going six or seven games I think and should be pretty entertaining.

• Like 1

I feel good about the series against Denver. Jokic is going to be his usual amazing self, but if AD can stay on the court and play the way he is playing the Purple and Gold win the series. It really just comes down to what AD does. It is going six or seven games I think and should be pretty entertaining.
It 100 percent comes down to the refs. If they call it straight up (unlikely), Nuggets win in 5 or 6.

28 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
46 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

It 100 percent comes down to the refs. If they call it straight up (unlikely), Nuggets win in 5 or 6.

Calls will have very little to do with it. I find stances like that to be crutches for why a team comes up short. If the Nuggets win it’ll be because they are the better team. The Lakers like to pound it into the paint, and are able to do it with really good players. Teams that generally play that style will add up the calls on their opponent. That’s the old Carolina philosophy that has been around since forever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

You’re gonna need someone like DLo to play the best series of his career. It’ll have to be very efficient scoring and nothing like 18 points on 17 shots.

I don’t know who on LA besides Schroder will guard Murray…maybe walker. It’ll be a tough task for LA to win a game in Denver. When Denver rolls they’re unstoppable

Calls will have very little to do with it. I find stances like that to be crutches for why a team comes up short. If the Nuggets win it’ll be because they are the better team. The Lakers like to pound it into the paint, and are able to do it with really good players. Teams that generally play that style will add up the calls on their opponent. That’s the old Carolina philosophy that has been around since forever.
You don't remember the bubble and LeBron's letter to the NBA wanting more foul calls, do you?

If you forgot, they came through for him in a big way.

20 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

You’re gonna need someone like DLo to play the best series of his career. It’ll have to be very efficient scoring and nothing like 18 points on 17 shots.

I don’t know who on LA besides Schroder will guard Murray…maybe walker. It’ll be a tough task for LA to win a game in Denver. When Denver rolls they’re unstoppable

Schroeder is who I would count on more in this series. Russell has his work cut out for him to keep his head above water in this series, especially if the shots aren’t falling.

18 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

You don't remember the bubble and LeBron's letter to the NBA wanting more foul calls, do you?

If you forgot, they came through for him in a big way.

Again I do not believe in conspiracies that are solely designed to help one team win. I am sure someone has a picture of Tim Donaghy they’d like to post though. Giving Denver a built-in excuse if they don’t win is, I mean, it’s just silly. The Purple and Gold win that’s awesome for myself @Sbbruin and a few others. If Denver wins then most of this board will be happy. Whatever team wins it won’t be because of some vast referee and league office conspiracy. Save stuff like that for Abovetopsecret or some website of that nature.

• Hook 'Em 5

Again I do not believe in conspiracies that are solely designed to help one team win. I am sure someone has a picture of Tim Donaghy they’d like to post though. Giving Denver a built-in excuse if they don’t win is, I mean, it’s just silly. The Purple and Gold win that’s awesome for myself [mention=1357]Sbbruin[/mention] and a few others. If Denver wins then most of this board will be happy. Whatever team wins it won’t be because of some vast referee and league office conspiracy. Save stuff like that for Abovetopsecret or some website of that nature.

Lulz. Of course Laker fans don't believe they get the benefit of whistles. It's just their superior play that yields more free throws than anyone else. It had nothing to do with LeBron's flopping and whining. And throw Mr. Glass in there, too.

19 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Lulz. Of course Laker fans don't believe they get the benefit of whistles. It's just their superior play that yields more free throws than anyone else. It had nothing to do with LeBron's flopping and whining. And throw Mr. Glass in there, too.

I get it. You need a conspiracy. Just don’t watch and go outside and do something productive during the games if you believe things are rigged for the Lakers. The negativity is just way, way too strong about this with you. Denver wins I’m cool with it. This isn’t life and death stuff. It’s sports and nothing more.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I get it. You need a conspiracy. Just don’t watch and go outside and do something productive during the games if you believe things are rigged for the Lakers. The negativity is just way, way too strong about this with you. Denver wins I’m cool with it. This isn’t life and death stuff. It’s sports and nothing more.
Are you saying LeBron did not write a letter before the bubble WCF?

18 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
32 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Are you saying LeBron did not write a letter before the bubble WCF?

Yes he did. Matter of fact it was a short one and said this.

Dear Adam,

Get me more free throws or else. 

Sincerely,

Shadow Commissioner Bron.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

"if AD stays healthy and plays his best every night the lakers will win."

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7ndkumcscv9tmz75a84

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Dear Adam,

Sincerely,

Don't be too harsh. Belief in shadow conspiracies around every corner helps simpleminded folks cope. Otherwise, they have to admit they're clueless about the complexities of life.

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:
Dear Adam,
Sincerely,

That's right. And he got his free throws, didn't he?

But that shouldn't matter, though. LeBron isn't "clutch" and can't hit big free throws in big games!

So, once upon a time my rockets trade for Ayton would have worked:

Teams under the salary cap don't have to send equivalent salary in a trade. The Kings, for example, have a payroll of $44 million. The cap is $58 million. The Kings could make a trade for a player making up to $14 million without sending any salary back. The only teams currently under the cap by at least $2 million are the Clippers ($5 million), Cavaliers($6 million), Timberwolves ($13 million) and Kings ($14 million).

then looked at the date of article and it was 2011. So, I was current as of 3 labor deals ago. 
getting old sucks. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, once upon a time my rockets trade for Ayton would have worked:

Teams under the salary cap don't have to send equivalent salary in a trade. The Kings, for example, have a payroll of $44 million. The cap is $58 million. The Kings could make a trade for a player making up to $14 million without sending any salary back. The only teams currently under the cap by at least $2 million are the Clippers ($5 million), Cavaliers($6 million), Timberwolves ($13 million) and Kings ($14 million).

then looked at the date of article and it was 2011. So, I was current as of 3 labor deals ago. 
getting old sucks. 

How’s that brief coming along for the Scopes Monkey Trial?

• Haha 1