NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I don’t think denver has to worry about dropping a game in Denver.

That's my point...  higher altitude at home is such a huge advantage that Denver really needs to win the first 2 games if they expect to win this series...  

52 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Lakers look badly outmatched.

giphy.gif

Denver needs to start defending better.  Without stops, the Nuggets can't run... 

And pressure to make shots is now all over this less experienced Nugget team

Edited by LTtxfan

Climbing back

Still don't know if they can beat the 6.5 spread though. Every time they get within 10 the nugs lay it on em.

Over under for Jokic pts+reb+assists was 51.5.... I think he had that at the half lol easy money

Just now, aggie08 said:

You can tell this is a Game 1. Way too many dudes laughing and smiling with each other. Can't wait until they all hate each other by Game 4.

Players more talented today but I miss the hate.  Jordan was never smiling with the Knicks/Pistons preseason or G7. 

Ok, I feel better.  Got my old man rant out of the way.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Players more talented today but I miss the hate.  Jordan was never smiling with the Knicks/Pistons preseason or G7. 

Ok, I feel better.  Got my old man rant out of the way.  
Allow to pick it up for you..

All these reviews and stops are killing the damn game. This is supposed to be basketball not baseball.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Pretty good effort in the 2nd half by the Purple and Gold. I did not expect to see them win game 1. Jokic is just on another level right now. I do think the Lakers win game 2 though. This will be a fun series.
Very impressed with Ham's adjustments on defense.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Brothahorn said:
5 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:
Pretty good effort in the 2nd half by the Purple and Gold. I did not expect to see them win game 1. Jokic is just on another level right now. I do think the Lakers win game 2 though. This will be a fun series.

Very impressed with Ham's adjustments on defense.

I like him. Liked him as a player at Tech as well. He is making the most of his shot at being in the 1st chair. Hope he is around for a good long while in the Southland.

6 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I like him. Liked him as a player at Tech as well. He is making the most of his shot at being in the 1st chair. Hope he is around for a good long while in the Southland.

He will always be a legend to me for breaking the backboard and the Tarheels’ back.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know that Rui in jokic is about the one in one defense so much as it is the freedom it gives to Davis to help. 

Wolves did this switching kat to Joker instead of Gobert. Seemed to have helped slow down some of the BS from other nuggets as AD can become more of a rover paint protector now. I think the reasoning is if Aaron Gordon can go off for 30+ you’ll live with it as long as Brow can quasi cover him and the other 5 players

Denver’s just a machine with 6 guys in double figures. Ham should consider shroder/reaves/lebron/ rui/brow starting 5 for game 2. Get DLos worthless ass out of there
  • Hook 'Em 1

LAL rebounds:

LeBron- 12

AD- 10

the entire rest of the team- 8

the lakers got blown away for 3+ quarters, only made it close towards the very end, and still lost by six in one of AD's sporadic dominant games which you know you'll only get maybe 3 times in a series. all of these posts about what denver needs to do in order not to lose going forward are ignoring the reality of what happened last night.

LAL's two big stars did everything they were supposed to, and they got huge contributions from role players reaves and hachimura. that was pretty much LAL's best effort, and they got their asses kicked for most of the night and ultimately lost. they have to have those types of performances from AD + multiple role players just to even keep it close, at least on the road.denver just took LAL's best shot and still won. LAL isn't going to win this series without injuries to denver's key players.

• Hook 'Em 1

Nuggets were awesome yesterday. Maybe a little concerning though that they played so well and LA was able to make it close in the end. They have to clean up their defense.

It’s pretty common for a team that builds an early 15+ point first half lead that looks absolutely dominant to lose focus and the other team begins to get momentum.

Really nothing yesterday shocked me. Denver is by far the talented team. Rui switching to joker could make things interesting but slowing down Denver in Denver is such a tall task

31 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’s pretty common for a team that builds an early 15+ point first half lead that looks absolutely dominant to lose focus and the other team begins to get momentum.

Really nothing yesterday shocked me. Denver is by far the talented team. Rui switching to joker could make things interesting but slowing down Denver in Denver is such a tall task

There's also the fact that Rui on Jokic won't be a surprise for Denver in game 2. They will have a plan to adjust to it, instead of being surprised by it and having to adjust mid-game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

LAL's two big stars did everything they were supposed to, and they got huge contributions from role players reaves and hachimura. that was pretty much LAL's best effort, and they got their asses kicked for most of the night and ultimately lost. they have to have those types of performances from AD + multiple role players just to even keep it close, at least on the road.denver just took LAL's best shot and still won. LAL isn't going to win this series without injuries to denver's key players.

All the talk about Denver being such a better team is cracking me up.  Denver needs more from Gordon or they might be in a lot of trouble in this series.  The Nuggets were depending too much on jump shots in the 2nd half.  Yeah LA got huge games from AD+role players, but they also found ways to slow the game down better in the 2nd half, and make Jokic less effective.

GM #1 ended up being a pretty even game except rebounding and turnovers.  Lakers have to play better early in Gm #2, and adjust by playing a taller line-up with Vanderbilt for more minutes.

Screenshot_20230517-100016_kindlephoto-19770575.thumb.png.017a73b3960609fac5950f005af98a76.png

In the 2nd half the Lakers made adjustments and outplayed the Nuggets.  The Denver bench might end up being a big liability.

Screenshot_20230517-100733_kindlephoto-20206663.png.315d7ca2f533261702471bed0eda13a1.png

I don't expect Murray to score 30pts a night, M.Porter will likely disappear in scoring in the 2nd half of games, and Caldwell-Pope/Brown will be defended better going forward.  This series might end up going 7 games.

Screenshot_20230517-101430_kindlephoto-20624849.png.81dffd7f65dcefa19853495f0ce5758d.png

Edited by LTtxfan

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

All the talk about Denver being such a better team is cracking me up.  Denver needs more from Gordon or they might be in a lot of trouble in this series.  The Nuggets were depending too much on jump shots in the 2nd half.  Yeah LA got huge games from AD+role players, but they also found ways to slow the game down better in the 2nd half, and make Jokic less effective.

GM #1 ended up being a pretty even game except rebounding and turnovers.  Lakers have to play better early in Gm #2, and adjust by playing a taller line-up with Vanderbilt for more minutes.

In the 2nd half the Lakers made adjustments and outplayed the Nuggets.  The Denver bench might end up being a big liability.

I don't expect Murray to score 30pts a night, M.Porter will likely disappear in scoring in the 2nd half of games, and Caldwell-Pope/Brown will be defended better going forward.  This series might end up going 7 games.

Lakers playing Vanderbilt more leaves them with less scoring punch. They are going to have to get buckets from somebody other than LBJ and AD b/c the nuggets have 5 guys capable of getting 20+ every night. Murray might not give you 30 every night but his playoff average is around 25, which is enough with Jokic playing at his current level and other guys hitting open shots like they were last night. Gordon didn't play great last night but still scored at around his playoff average. He was phenomenal against PHX especially on the defensive end and they need him to bring that energy against the Lakers more than they need him to score more buckets. If the Lakers pull off this series it will be because of injury luck or a contagious cold snap among Denver's shooters.

Denver’s so balanced and has 3-4 guys that’ll get you 20 easily and 3 guys that can get you 30. I’m not the biggest fan of MPJs game but he still has talent and 7 foot magic Johnson setting him up.

None of us know what version of DLo we will get prior to the game but LA needs him more than ever as they’ve shown Brow had a tremendous scoring game and still lost.

24 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

You think Jokic, the most adaptable player in the league, is not going to adjust to what the Lakers are doing with him?  Lulz.

Huh? I mean the coaches never adjusted last night as the Lakers kept eating into the lead while Denver's offense stagnated 

Edited by SilasCoade
I'm not a hugger.