could you make 10 consecutive 3-pointers?

52-80

could you make 10 consecutive 3-pointers?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take the bet?

11 hours ago, Mole said:

All of the calculations underestimate the likelihood of a repetitive stress injury on our old man elbows and shoulders. I don’t think I could put up the necessary number of shots every day for long enough to get a lucky streak before my body broke down.

This is a good point. 

Although according to @gyroprotagonist putting up 500 NBA 3s a day is a trivial task. 

On 4/26/2023 at 7:07 PM, ztejas said:

This is a good point. 

Although according to @gyroprotagonist putting up 500 NBA 3s a day is a trivial task. 

it's not shooting a medicine ball.  A basketball weighs less than 2 lbs.  

Just for fun, i put up 125 NBA 3s right after playing 1.5 hours of pickup ball this morning.  I am 48yo with not-great knees and worse shoulders.  It took about an hour and 15 minutes and this was with fighting with my son to get the ball back.  not someone just feeding me the ball one after the other.  Unguarded, you can let loose more of a women's shot.  starting the ball lower and using more body/hips to get the ball that distance. It was way less straining on my shoulders.  I think a person could easily knock out 250 in the morning and 250 in the evening/afternoon in 1.5 hours per session.  Most i made in a row was 5, but this was suboptimal conditions and hard to dial in from one spot chasing your own ball.

If you asked me to fully swing a golf club 500 times, i would be sore as hell the next day and probably could not manage it day after day, but i think shooting a bball is way less stress.

• Hook 'Em 1