Stanley Cup Playoffs discussion thread — 2023 edition

C-Man

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Still can’t believe it. I just knew they were gonna Leaf things up again. Great for them. Now they get record-setting Boston or Matthew Thachuk and the Panthers, who ARE a lot better than their regular-season record. Tkachuk is a fucking animal. The East is a damn buzzsaw.

The Dangle video is one to behold. YouTube didn't exist the last time the Leafs won a series. 

More hockey to go.

Are you not entertained!?

Sounds like ol' Monty may be making a move. 

While Bruins coach Jim Montgomery wouldn't reveal his starting goalie for Game 7 in Boston, there were some indications that Linus Ullmark would be replaced by 24-year-old Jeremy Swayman, who was the first goalie off the ice during the team's morning skate. 

Bite me. We got 65. And fuck the Penguins. 
Florida played their asses off. Hats off to them. 

Florida was the “second-best team in the East” last year and added Tkachuk for Huberdeau. They’re a good fucking team. I’ll repeat what I’ve been saying — the East is brutal. Anybody could make the Finals now. I feel bad for Jim Montgomery.

EDIT: Florida won the Presidents’ Trophy last year.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

It's a good thing I don't have a favorite hockey team. Overtime hockey is tense enough as a neutral observer. If I had real skin in the game, I would be in the hospital with a heart attack. 

Yes, it is amazing. I’ve been a life-long Penguins fan and for half of that time there have been soul-crushing defeats in the playoffs. It is an amazing playoff, pretty much NCAA hoops tournament on steroids.

• Hook 'Em 1