Stanley Cup Playoffs discussion thread — 2023 edition

C-Man

Holy Squid shit! Cannot believe this. Thought we might get one in the series. We don't match up well at all with the Stars, who are as good as anyone in the West - but I'm going to game 3 in the second round! Unbelievable. Go Squid! 🦑

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The first round isn't quite over yet and still the defending champs are out, the three-time defending East champs (and two-time Cup winners) are out and the all-time greatest regular season team is out. Wide open doesn't even begin to describe the way things are.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

The first round isn't quite over yet and still the defending champs are out, the three-time defending East champs (and two-time Cup winners) are out and the all-time greatest regular season team is out. Wide open doesn't even begin to describe the way things are.

That was literally the nuttiest day in sports playoffs history.  

3 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Kane looks like shit. 

So glad the Stars didn’t back up the truck to get Kane at the deadline.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

I busted out laughing at this. Looked like the devil mask from Righteous Gemstones.

This has got to be one of the craziest first rounds in a long time. 

Maple Leafs actually win a series and advance to the second round for the first time in 19 years

Kraken come in and knock off the defending champion Avalanche in their first playoff appearance ever

Florida Panthers bounce back and knock off the best Boston Bruins team in history in game 7

Devils win a playoff round for the first time in 11 years

Bring on the craziness of round 2! Also, @flatdawgs we'll see y'all tonight in Dallas. Good luck. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Looking forward to it, @Longboard Horn. I just hope it's a good series. I'm a big Pavs fan and hope he's back soon, even though he had our number this season.

For those wondering, game 3 in Seattle will almost certainly be Sunday as there's a concert at CPA Saturday. There's also a scheduled event next Tuesday but that one may be movable so I'd still think game 4 will be a week from tonight.

• Hook 'Em 3