Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

59 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Apparently ND might actually lead for Carmody. His brother plays there and they obviously have a great history of developing the OL. Strangely enough, I think he’s visiting aggy this weekend.

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Carmody-46051689/

Fleming also with an announcement tonight. He's either trimming his list or committing to the Bucks. 

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Definitely gonna need some of that UNC "academic advising" to help with writing. Hope he does well there. Never sad for aggy to miss on their QB target.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If A&M lands Haynes King, you will be sad they didn't get Hornsby.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If A&M lands Haynes King, you will be sad they didn't get Hornsby.

Thought Arky or Auburn for Haynes? 

HAYNES KING

Haynes King(Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)

Haynes looks like he's related to Case McCoy.  Article below has Haynes rated higher than Hudson Card and Hornsby...

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Best-QB-recruits-in-college-football-2020-class-129791449/#129791449_2

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

HAYNES KING

Haynes looks like he's related to Case McCoy.  Article below has Haynes rated higher than Hudson Card and Hornsby...

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Best-QB-recruits-in-college-football-2020-class-129791449/#129791449_2

I haven't heard anything about Auburn, but Arkansas appears to be focusing on Chad Morris' son as their 2020 QB take.

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

HAYNES KING

He's very likely going to A&M, unless Orgeron starts recruiting him hard, soon

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

HAYNES KING

KIng is a good technical player, which is what you'd expect from a coach's son. He has very good skill talent around him in HS. Lots of backs and receivers with speed. He gets to throw a lot of bombs to open receivers. He's a good athlete, but not especially physically gifted. In some ways, he reminds me of Shane Buechele.

17 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

KIng is a good technical player, which is what you'd expect from a coach's son. He has very good skill talent around him in HS. Lots of backs and receivers with speed. He gets to throw a lot of bombs to open receivers. He's a good athlete, but not especially physically gifted. In some ways, he reminds me of Shane Buechele.

Thx!!   How does H.King compare to Hudson Card?

Yeah I’ve gotta wonder if King has gotten to the point of being pretty overrated. Realistically, none of the regional powers are after him. AM just got around to offering after they finally realized the guy they’d been after is a mess. His offer list is okay but compared to someone like Card, it’s pretty unimpressive.

No one even gave a shit about him until he ran a fast 40, and even then it’s not like the offers started rolling in. The whole “he might push mond like (surefire 5* stud) Lawrence did!!!” narrative will provide some laughs for us though should he go to am.

Edited by ChemicalHorn

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx!!   How does H.King compare to Hudson Card?

I honestly haven't really watched Card play, other than in the championship in 2017. I've seen King play three games.

Card seems to be a better athlete overall, but they're just different type players.

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

In some ways, he reminds me of Shane Buechele.

That's the comparison that makes the most sense to me. He could be really good in the right system, or really blah in the wrong one. For the kid's sake I hope he chooses well. Honestly, playing for Rhule would probably be a better long term plan than playing for aggy. Not that I want Baylor to stop sucking, of course.

Updated Espn recruiting rankings...

2020 Football Class Rankings

RK TEAM TREND COMMITS

Clemson

Alabama

LSU

Georgia
+5 9

Florida
-1 10

Miami

Florida State
-2 12

Ohio State
-1 8

Notre Dame
+2 10

Oklahoma

Penn State
-3 10

Oregon
+1 8

North Carolina
-1 13

Northwestern

South Carolina
+1 6

Stanford
+2 6

Texas
-2 5

Auburn
-1 6

Texas A&M

Iowa

Georgia Tech

Arkansas
+1 7

TCU
+1 7

Michigan
+1 7

Wisconsin

6 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Clemson's class of 14 commits would rank as the #11 class in the country for the 2019 team rankings. They are 2 points shy of their class from last year that had 29 commits

Clemson is going to clean up this cycle.  Dabo and company have their evaluations spot on and seem to recruit the type of players that tend to stick around.  Also, it’s hilarious that they’ve openly set up booster donations that they funnel to the players.   Schools are now openly cheating.  At this point, is it even cheating if every school is paying players?  I’m not sure how Texas can compete without doing the same.  No elite kid is going to turn down 200k from the likes of Bama, Clemson, LSU, UGA over a winning Texas with a great education in a great city.  Anyone wonder why Demas picked aggy after one visit after not even having them in his top 5?  Or how they are getting these OOS players to commit on their first visit?  At this point, I’m 100% cool with Texas doing the same and I’m fairly positive we already do to a certain extent.  I’d love to hear thoughts from guys that are in the know that can shed more light on how the game works now and where Texas is compared to the schools at the top.  Right now Tennessee and Oregon seem to be trending with a lot of players and it’s no surprise where their coaches learned this from.   And is there any doubt Mack is about to completely step over the dark side?  I have no doubt he spent the last few years talking to Urban, Chizik, etc on how to pay players.  Seems like he’s hell bent on proving people that he should never have been fired.  Getting Hornsby to commit tells it all.  That guy has an entire entourage that has their hands out for bags of money.

Edited by victory88

5 hours ago, victory88 said:

Clemson is going to clean up this cycle.  Dabo and company have their evaluations spot on and seem to recruit the type of players that tend to stick around.  Also, it’s hilarious that they’ve openly set up booster donations that they funnel to the players.   Schools are now openly cheating.  At this point, is it even cheating if every school is paying players?  I’m not sure how Texas can compete without doing the same.  No elite kid is going to turn down 200k from the likes of Bama, Clemson, LSU, UGA over a winning Texas with a great education in a great city.  Anyone wonder why Demas picked aggy after one visit after not even having them in his top 5?  Or how they are getting these OOS players to commit on their first visit?  At this point, I’m 100% cool with Texas doing the same and I’m fairly positive we already do to a certain extent.  I’d love to hear thoughts from guys that are in the know that can shed more light on how the game works now and where Texas is compared to the schools at the top.  Right now Tennessee and Oregon seem to be trending with a lot of players and it’s no surprise where their coaches learned this from.   And is there any doubt Mack is about to completely step over the dark side?  I have no doubt he spent the last few years talking to Urban, Chizik, etc on how to pay players.  Seems like he’s hell bent on proving people that he should never have been fired.  Getting Hornsby to commit tells it all.  That guy has an entire entourage that has their hands out for bags of money.

How does that work?

5 hours ago, victory88 said:

Clemson is going to clean up this cycle.  Dabo and company have their evaluations spot on and seem to recruit the type of players that tend to stick around.  Also, it’s hilarious that they’ve openly set up booster donations that they funnel to the players.  

Lulz what? 

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Haha ahhh the church conspiracy theory of buying players. Been awhile since I heard that one. 

You're right, what was I thinking. I'm sure they simply love spending 4 years going down slides and being shoved under water by Dabo the all mighty. 

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Haha ahhh the church conspiracy theory of buying players. Been awhile since I heard that one. 

Laugh all you want, people who cover recruiting for a living at a national level know it to be true as a simple matter of fact. You also have a bagman that covers the program for 247. I assume you know all this and don’t give a shit, but if you’re actually going to show up after years and claim ignorance and propriety, that’s pretty fucking hilarious. 

• Like 1