Things are not going to end well for gun shop employee

GoPokes83

16 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

Note that could bring into play this section of the Penal Code

Sec. 9.05. RECKLESS INJURY OF INNOCENT THIRD PERSON. Even though an actor is justified under this chapter in threatening or using force or deadly force against another, if in doing so he also recklessly injures or kills an innocent third person, the justification afforded by this chapter is unavailable in a prosecution for the reckless injury or killing of the innocent third person.

Maybe it should be a crime even if you don't injure or kill anybody if when you take a potentially dangerous shot?

• Hook 'Em 3

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the biggest "gun/range/shooting safety" gurus on here were too busy sucking one another's dicks to realize the clerk almost put rounds into cars filled with kids over a couple hundred bucks.  Either you're a "responsible gun owner" or you're not.  There aren't degrees of "Well, in this particular case it's justified to shoot into a crowded parking lot with lotsa kids 'cause stealing is bad and he's a negro."  I know you're not saying that, but nothing else explains you're high-fiving over "don't wanna get shot, don't steal no shit!"  It was a beyond irresponsible shot and you know it but apparently admitting it means we all get our guns taken away or something?  Do these mental gymnastics hurt or do you just stretch enough beforehand?  I'm fucking dumb, but I still wonder if being so fucking stupid hurts?  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the biggest "gun/range/shooting safety" gurus on here were too busy sucking one another's dicks to realize the clerk almost put rounds into cars filled with kids over a couple hundred bucks.  Either you're a "responsible gun owner" or you're not.  There aren't degrees of "Well, in this particular case it's justified to shoot into a crowded parking lot with lotsa kids 'cause stealing is bad and he's a negro."  I know you're not saying that, but nothing else explains you're high-fiving over "don't wanna get shot, don't steal no shit!"  It was a beyond irresponsible shot and you know it but apparently admitting it means we all get our guns taken away or something?  Do these mental gymnastics hurt or do you just stretch enough beforehand?  I'm fucking dumb, but I still wonder if being so fucking stupid hurts?  

I didn't read about any innocent bystanders getting shot

• Hook 'Em 1

None did.  But they could have easily.  That's the whole fucking point.  You don't take the shot like that.  Unless he's armed, there is zero reason -with that background- to open fire even at close range.  There's no reasoning with stupid.  Off by so much as a half-inch, and there's a dead kid.  I'll let some other posters get back to sucking this guy's dick.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Shooting bystanders is our other pastime.  IIRC the cops that unloaded on a wheelchair-bound guy in front of a Burlington's also killed a young teen girl who was in the dressing room.   

Maybe unnecessarily firing guns in public should be a disqualifier for owning firearms that the majority of people can agree with.

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 1

Nope, robbers gotta get shot for doing robbing.  Bystanders be dammed.  It's like people think just by admitting it was a stupid shot to take, they have to forfeit their guns.  The mental gymnastics, or I guess in this case the winter biathlon is just fantastic.  

Nobody's losing sleep.  But if you don't think the background/downrange environs are coming up at trial, you're as dumb as the clerk.

You can be tough on crime and not shoot up parking lots full of kids at the same time.  It's called being an adult.  give it a shot.

None did.  But they could have easily.  That's the whole fucking point.  You don't take the shot like that.  Unless he's armed, there is zero reason -with that background- to open fire even at close range.  There's no reasoning with stupid.  Off by so much as a half-inch, and there's a dead kid.  I'll let some other posters get back to sucking this guy's dick.  

What posters are sucking this guys dick?
You’re close to royiv territory - coming off as a bit unhinged.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Nope, robbers gotta get shot for doing robbing.  Bystanders be dammed.  It's like people think just by admitting it was a stupid shot to take, they have to forfeit their guns.  The mental gymnastics, or I guess in this case the winter biathlon is just fantastic.  

Serious question-

Do you need help? Your posting is becoming more bizarre. If you need some help, please reach out and get it. I would be more than happy to direct you to some resources.

I believe you mentioned that you are a gun owner. I would feel better if you surrendered those guns until you get some help. I’m serious. I can direct you to a resource for that as well.
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

You're close to realizing I didn't literally mean 'sucking this guy's dick'  I mean, if that's what you're into, not gonna judge.  In this case though, it's intentional hyperbole for effect, meaning that people will excuse his behavior and the proximate unintentional consequences in exchange for the ability to project onto him and his behavior, a parallel value set.  

When people show the .gif or meme of "Let's not start sucking each other's dicks yet, gentlemen."  It's not Mr. Wolf being literal, it's an exaggerative comment meaning something along the lines of "We think we're gonna win, but let's not celebrate prematurely."  I think some folks, not necessarily you, are a little premature in celebrating the clerk as some kinda anti-crime hero.  I think he acted recklessly given the potential for innocent lives taken, but we don't have all the facts yet.  Just weather, calendar date, time of day, and population of children.  But yes, robbery is bad.

Thanks for the offer on mental health.  I'm all set.  The weapon has a really interesting safety feature on it that was gifted to me by the former head of USSOCOM.  

Edited by YGIFS

28 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You can be tough on crime and not shoot up parking lots full of kids at the same time.  It's called being an adult.  give it a shot.

I haven't reviewed this whole thread, but was the parking lot full of kids or other people for that matter?  

I recall there was an armed robbery of a jewelry store in SA a few years back.  Some concealed carrier took out his weapon and engaged the shooter, and a citizen got hit in the crossfire and died.  There is a time and a place for pulling the gun on a shitbag, and there is a time and place to leave the gun in your holster.  In this case, the robber likely would have gotten away (at least from the immediate area) with some jewelry which was probably insured, and everyone in the store would have been left with just a shitty memory.  Instead an innocent person died for no reason.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8909859/Video-shows-shootout-inside-jewelry-store-San-Antonio-retired-Marine-killed.html   

Edited by cabowabo

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Shooting bystanders is our other pastime.  IIRC the cops that unloaded on a wheelchair-bound guy in front of a Burlington's also killed a young teen girl who was in the dressing room.   

Maybe unnecessarily firing guns in public should be a disqualifier for owning firearms that the majority of people can agree with.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

34 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Serious question-

Do you need help? Your posting is becoming more bizarre. If you need some help, please reach out and get it. I would be more than happy to direct you to some resources.

I believe you mentioned that you are a gun owner. I would feel better if you surrendered those guns until you get some help. I’m serious. I can direct you to a resource for that as well.

By the way, it is just absolutely precious you express more concern over the mental health of a supposed firearms owner on a make believe website than you do in real life.  I’ll let look up ‘irony’ on your shift break 

By the way, it is just absolutely precious you express more concern over the mental health of a supposed firearms owner on a make believe website than you do in real life.  I’ll let look up ‘irony’ on your shift break 

You keep claiming to know details that you don’t know. It is a sign of mental illness btw.

Just think - with the proposed red flag laws I could have that awesome gun you received from socom commander out of your possession by 5 today.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

You keep claiming to know details that you don’t know. It is a sign of mental illness btw.

Just think - with the proposed red flag laws I could have that awesome gun you received from socom commander out of your possession by 5 today.

So in addition to being a sales clerk, you're a psychiatrist?  The details are simple, the photostamp of the parking lot during the shooting shows multiple cars and multiple pedestrians.  Not quite directly in the line of fire, but proximate enough that an errant round would be dangerous, it not fatal.  

And trust me, the technology behind the safeguard of this weapon is even over your head.  It will be commercially available within another five years though and we'll all be better for it.  It's super fucking cool though, IMHO.  When a 4-star admiral gifts you a firearm, you know it's gonna be fucking badass.  

But thank you so much for your brave attention to gun laws.  Shall I tip the usual 15% at the bottom, or?  

So in addition to being a sales clerk, you're a psychiatrist?  The details are simple, the photostamp of the parking lot during the shooting shows multiple cars and multiple pedestrians.  Not quite directly in the line of fire, but proximate enough that an errant round would be dangerous, it not fatal.  
And trust me, the technology behind the safeguard of this weapon is even over your head.  It will be commercially available within another five years though and we'll all be better for it.  It's super fucking cool though, IMHO.  When a 4-star admiral gifts you a firearm, you know it's gonna be fucking badass.  
But thank you so much for your brave attention to gun laws.  Shall I tip the usual 15% at the bottom, or?  

Man we have already both agreed that the parking lot shot was dumb. I’ve already said I wouldn’t have taken any of those shots. But you keep fucking arguing like I haven’t. You’re arguing with yourself and it’s disturbing.

That technology is not over my head. Again, you have no idea what I did before. Let me help you - it was technology related.

Now shut the fuck up and turn that firearm in to your local police station.

You and Royiv should get a room and explore each others assholes so everyone else here can discuss like fucking adults.
  • Haha 1

Those last few comments were not directed at you-hand, but at other posters.  Are they in the room with you right now?  ;) 

That's cool you know about the technology, I wish it was more widespread right now...but shit takes time.  We get it.  

I will not be surrendering any firearms to the local police station and I don't really like royiv enough to explore buttholes.  Again, NTTAWWT

I would be willing to wager your sales license that I could have a convicted murderer buy a firearm from you in the next week and you wouldn't know anything about it until it was all over.  Doesn't make you malicious, it's just that you're part of a system that we engineer to make sure we make a shitton of cash off the sale of guns so that people can prove their patriotism.  I think you're an honest and abiding salesperson.  But the amount of money we make using law enforcement to traffic weapons to Mexico, oh my...you really should make hay while the sun is shining...........

Edited by YGIFS

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

And trust me, the technology behind the safeguard of this weapon is even over your head.  It will be commercially available within another five years though and we'll all be better for it

lol, biometric safety features have been around for decades in various forms and concepts. Judge Dredd had one all the way back in 1995.

Good to see your admiral friend has already set it motion the invariable pivot into the lucrative private sector of the military industrial complex where he can help grease the skids

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I would be willing to wager your sales license that I could have a convicted murderer buy a firearm from you in the next week and you wouldn't know anything about it until it was all over.  Doesn't make you malicious, it's just that you're part of a system that we engineer to make sure we make a shitton of cash off the sale of guns so that people can prove their patriotism.

gordo-no.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It's not biometric.  It doesn't use fingerprints, or passwords, or even DNA.  It's beyond all of that.  But yeah, you're right.  Now that I think about it---I am probably some unwilling participant in a marketing workshop to see what this thing can really do.  Dammit, I hope I get a best  buy gift certificate out of it.  ;)    This guy has been awfully quiet about his post-military career, maybe too quiet.  

• Haha 1

Just now, YGIFS said:

It's not biometric.  It doesn't use fingerprints, or passwords, or even DNA.  It's beyond all of that.  But yeah, you're right.  Now that I think about it---I am probably some unwilling participant in a marketing workshop to see what this thing can really do.  Dammit, I hope I get a best  buy gift certificate out of it.  ;)    This guy has been awfully quiet about his post-military career, maybe too quiet.  

It's a "smart gun" - whether biometric or otherwise, they are married to their owner and their owner only.  The propriety tech is how.  Like I said.  Not a novel concept.

So he's telling you how/why it works.  Have to researched how/why dozens of former companies over decades that tried the same thing went of business?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

This guy has been awfully quiet about his post-military career, maybe too quiet.  

Biggest racket in DC. (next to "book deals")  Former top brass and politicians turned into lucrative lobbyists as paid grease-men by private sector companies desperate for those lucrative govy contracts.  

How do you think Sig got the deal to replace the Beretta 92f

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Biggest racket in DC. (next to "book deals")  Former top brass and politicians turned into lucrative lobbyists as paid grease-men by private sector companies desperate for those lucrative govy contracts.  
How do you think Sig got the deal to replace the Beretta 92f

I want so bad to believe it’s the FCU.

Glock should have gotten that contract.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I could see how the margins on this kinda thing aren't high enough to justify the R&D.  I guess it technically is biometric in that I have to do something to access/arm the weapon.  But it's not any of the usual paths.  It's kinda cool but I still don't totally understand it.  I've tried like hell to shortcut it but it doesn't work, which also probably means when the shit hits the fan, it won't let me at it.  But yeah, given our exchange, I'm starting to think I am behind a one-way mirror ;) 

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It's a "smart gun" - whether biometric or otherwise, they are married to their owner and their owner only.  The propriety tech is how.  Like I said.  Not a novel concept.

So he's telling you how/why it works.  Have to researched how/why dozens of former companies over decades that tried the same thing went of business?  

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I could see how the margins on this kinda thing aren't high enough to justify the R&D.  I guess it technically is biometric in that I have to do something to access/arm the weapon.  But it's not any of the usual paths.  It's kinda cool but I still don't totally understand it.  I've tried like hell to shortcut it but it doesn't work, which also probably means when the shit hits the fan, it won't let me at it.  But yeah, given our exchange, I'm starting to think I am behind a one-way mirror ;) 

Dredd's was cooler

dredd-weapon.gif

That movie, cheesy as it was, is getting more and more prescient by the day.  

Unfortunately DNA is too easy to replicate, particularly if you've already shot me and just need my blood/fingerprint/hair/saliva/etc.  

And Judge Dredd's brother in arms?  You guessed it.  Frank Stallone.  

It actually brings up an interesting point dating back to the inception of firearms.  Originally, they were all privately made - like watches.  Each piece unique to the weapon (THAT weapon, not it's brand or line).

Meaning that they were all unique and specialized by only the uber-wealthy.  When parts broke, the whole weapon had to be shipped back and new parts fabricated.  Colt played a major part in changing that.  Identical lines of identical pistols that all have interchangeable parts along with a simple, robust design.  The primary reason all the other companies tried and failed was a lack of demand.  Too expensive and overly complicated designs that can easily just be stored in a biometric safe (an industry that it taking off) and you don't have to go out and buy an entirely new gun.  

• Like 1

It is an interesting backstory of craftsmanship, industrial revolution, and logistics.  Plus the commerce/finance component of it all, and the most easily monetized component of our constitution.  And then the ammo and accessories of it all.  Another thread for another time, I suppose.  And oh yeah, apparently an entire wing of the legal/judicial/criminal justice system devoted to it.  It's almost as if there's some money in this whole thing.  

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Nobody's losing sleep. 

You seem like you’re losing lots of sleep about hypothetical possibilities of stray bullets.  Kids? The clerk is lucky he didn’t have a few rounds fired back on that side of town.  

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

So in addition to being a sales clerk, you're a psychiatrist? 

Aren’t red flag laws swell?

54 minutes ago, royiv said:

Been around and have chosen to just ignore your drivel, like I do for fatty, but you proved that I'm in your head. 

lol. you negged 3-4 posts in succession yesterday.  

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You seem like you’re losing lots of sleep about hypothetical possibilities of stray bullets.  Kids? The clerk is lucky he didn’t have a few rounds fired back on that side of town.  

Aren’t red flag laws swell?

lol. you negged 3-4 posts in succession yesterday.  

You sure about that? Not refuting it since I'll definitely neg your BS, but I don't recall that and I just looked at my activity and don't see any negs given yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Maybe you were still logged in as Penelope?

936854a3f8f74bf717c3a08b3bc33397.jpg

Got it. I didn't remember. Like I said, I wasn't refuting it because I'll definitely neg your BS, I just no longer respond since it's not worth the energy. I've just accepted that you're never going to realize what a shitty and selfish human you are. Back to regularly scheduled programming... 

Re: Guich Koock - from Traces of Texas on my FB:

· 

The post office and general store in Luckenbach on May 22, 1971 ----- before it became "Luckenbach, Texas." No Waylon, no Willie, no "the boys," just a lonesome outpost a few miles from Fredericksburg. The previous year, a newspaper advertisement offering "town — pop. 3 — for sale" led actor Guich Koock and Hondo Crouch, a rancher and Texas folklorist, to buy Luckenbach for $30,000, partnering with a woman named Kathy Morgan. Hondo's wife, Shatzi, paid for the town, and Guich's wife, Patricia, worked as the bartender and bookkeeper. The women gave their husbands all the glory. Hondo, of course, was a talented promoter. Jerry Jeff Walker recorded "Viva Terlingua!" there in 1973 but it wasn't until 1977 that the place became "Luckenbach, Texas," when the famous song was co-written by Chips Moman and Bobby Emmons who proposed it to Waylon because his "name's in it." At the time of the song's recording, neither the writers nor Waylon had ever been to Luckenbach. In his autobiography, Jennings wrote: "I knew it was a hit song, even though I didn't like it, and still don't."
And the rest, as they say, is history.
Image courtesy the hard-working folks at the Texas Historical Commission .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

lol, biometric safety features have been around for decades in various forms and concepts. Judge Dredd had one all the way back in 1995.

Good to see your admiral friend has already set it motion the invariable pivot into the lucrative private sector of the military industrial complex where he can help grease the skids

Yeah, but none of those have an attached breathalyzer that also detects cocain and meth.

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn

https://uvalderecovery.splashthat.com/?utm_source=Texas+Tribune+Newsletters&utm_campaign=e709bad62f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2022_10_03_08_30_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d9a68d8efc-e709bad62f-101204549&mc_cid=e709bad62f&mc_eid=e270f9fe31

Didn't know where to post this, but an interesting event commemorating the one year anniversary of a horrible tragedy.  In a couple weeks.  Wish I could make it, hopefully some of  y'all can.  Interestingly, several law enforcement officials, elected politicians, and gun dealers/manufacturers were invited to speak/attend, but none accepted.  Apparently the thought of dead children mutilated beyond literal recognition was too much to bear.  I'm sure thoughts and prayers will offered in their stead.  

Two more mass shootings today and none of America's gun dealers properly provided guns to good guys to stop the shootings.  How do you guys keep fucking this up?  Just sell the fucking guns that our private equity funds provide capital to so that Americans can prevent senseless violence?  Jesus Fucking Christ, between our equity and our 50-state federal chartered bank that provides financing for firearms dealers to borrow lines of credit, we are just flooding the system with money and weapons and you guys keep fucking it up.  Just get the good guys their guns and we can stop this madness.  Why can't you guys do your part?  We're doing the financial heavy lifting but you guys could fuck up a cup of McDonald's coffee.