Things are not going to end well for gun shop employee

GoPokes83

I love how one of our resident Cowboys states as fact things he would have done in this situation (not taken the shot, if he had it would have been an easy shot, blah blah blah).

That gun shop employee would have been right there doing the same Monday morning quarterbacking except for the unfortunate fact he was the one pissing down his leg on Sunday.

32 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I love how one of our resident Cowboys states as fact things he would have done in this situation (not taken the shot, if he had it would have been an easy shot, blah blah blah).

That gun shop employee would have been right there doing the same Monday morning quarterbacking except for the unfortunate fact he was the one pissing down his leg on Sunday.

Hitting the sauce early?  Guess it is Friday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It reminds me, humorously, of the scene in "Swingers" when Trent is explaining to the girls with Mikey that you always double down on 11.  And Mikey is like, "Yeah, I know you always double down on 11, but I'm just saying this one time, it was a mistake."  And Trent retorts with "No, but you always do, even in that case."  And the girls nod in agreement.  Reminds of certain gun clerks, "It was absolutely the wrong shot.  You don't take that shot.  Except in this case.  And every other case...you totally take the shot.  You have to double down.  But it's the wrong shot.  You never take it.  But you always take it."

Thoughts and prayers to the brave cashiers who risk their lives to shoot into crowded parking lots when their life is at almost zero risk for a few hundred bucks.  Between two kids' shoe stores and a family buffet during summer break.  I mean, the bravery is just overwhelming.  You always double down.  

• Like 1

I don’t shoot people stealing things that aren’t mine.

It’s a simple concept. I am surprised you don’t understand it.

I don’t constantly attack you for supporting 9 year olds electing to transition without parental support. Why are you the way that you are?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I don’t shoot people stealing things that aren’t mine.

It’s a simple concept. I am surprised you don’t understand it.

I don’t constantly attack you for supporting 9 year olds electing to transition without parental support. Why are you the way that you are?

I’m just pointing out something obvious: you have no idea what you would do. But I do appreciate your honesty regarding shooting someone that stole your shit.

I bet the cowboys that ended up in a shootout over a fucking car charge would have bet their life they never would have killed someone over something so stupid, but yet…

And what the fuck are you talking about re: 9 year olds?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I’m just pointing out something obvious: you have no idea what you would do. But I do appreciate your honesty regarding shooting someone that stole your shit.
I bet the cowboys that ended up in a shootout over a fucking car charge would have bet their life they never would have killed someone over something so stupid, but yet…
And what the fuck are you talking about re: 9 year olds?

I do have an idea. It isn’t hard. I would not have fired my weapon. You don’t believe me and that’s fine, just stop bringing it up.

Why do you support 9 year old kids being able to transition to another gender?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

53 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Are you really torn up about 2 idiots that have efficiently removed themselves from our society?  Society is a better place without this asshole feeling like he can waltz in and steal shit at will.  It’s not that difficult to make it thru life not being shot for stealing from a cash register. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Are you really torn up about 2 idiots that have efficiently removed themselves from our society?  Society is a better place without this asshole feeling like he can waltz in and steal shit at will.  It’s not that difficult to make it thru life not being shot for stealing from a cash register. 

2 dudes got into a gunfight over a car charge. One dude is dead. That’s insane.

It’s also insane to kill someone for stealing. I can not fathom why anyone would want to spend the rest of their life knowing they killed someone over a few hundred dollars.

It’s a fucking disease, man. Life has no value.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Why do you share that Russian “life is cheap” value system?
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Why do you share that Russian “life is cheap” value system?

Is inferring someone aligns with Russia the new “I disagree so you are a nazi?”   I can’t find a single fuck to give about a thief. If every single one thanos’d off the planet tomorrow, I’d pop champagne for a month.  Fuck.  A.  Thief. 

50 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Life has no value.

In this we agree.  That thief’s life had no value. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Is inferring someone aligns with Russia the new “I disagree so you are a nazi?”   I can’t find a single fuck to give about a thief. If every single one thanos’d off the planet tomorrow, I’d pop champagne for a month.  Fuck.  A.  Thief. 

In this we agree.  That thief’s life had no value. 

Aren't you a Christian?   

Edited by Nivek

On 4/18/2023 at 10:20 AM, 'stache said:

One doesn't need to sympathize with the robber to also be mad at the shooter. Like someone said, death isn't the proper punishment for robbery, especially when dealt by a dumbass pussy gun worshiping jackass. These laws that place property above life are asinine, and I'm sure most of them think go to church regularly and think it's exactly what Jesus would want, death for theft. This isn't Riyadh. 

You know who placed property above life? The thief. Fuck that guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 2:08 AM, Samson's Wig said:

I propose a two-step process for eliminating incidents like this.  I'm well aware that neither step will ever happen.

1. Actually pursue and punish people for theft, using the laws we already have on the books, and throw the book at them.  In places like Austin, thieves know not a damn thing will happen to them, which has opened things up to brazen behavior.  While I'm not a big fan of the deterrence theory for criminal justice, it's the best we've got (reform sure as fuck didn't work when we tried it, although it wouldn't hurt to give it another go with the large number of assholes we lock up for theft in this scenario).  While this won't deter the ever-referenced yet largely mythical starving and desperate man who needs to feed his family (who, in reality, has many avenues available for assistance and doesn't really exist in significant numbers - because a desperate man can always find menial work in this country if he's willing and able, and if he can't work there are hot meals, beds, and a roof for any who are willing to ask for and utilize them - and if he's not willing to either find work or ask for help to take care of his family, he's just in the piece-of-shit category with the rest of the low life thieves). However, it just might slow down the idiot pieces of shit who steal because they can't be bothered to do anything productive with their lives because stealing is too easy and carries low risk.  When the cost/benefit analysis tips toward getting a job, that's what most of them will do.  Hell, it just has to tip toward begging to make thieving a less appealing option.   Right now that scale leans much too heavily toward criminal behavior in many areas.  The risk is low, so why not?  I'll never forget when we first moved to New Mexico years ago and there was a statewide discussion about why auto theft was so rampant.  They just couldn't figure it out.  It turned out auto theft was only a misdemeanor under state law.  They finally made it a stacked felony (4th first time, 3rd degree second, etc.) and amazingly auto theft rates plummeted.  Fucking idiots.  They all but made auto theft a legitimate means of making a living for a long time.

2. Get rid of guns.  All of them.  Platters of cheese are to be made available to all gun owners to enjoy with their whine. 

This is where I am. I’d really like to have almost no guns floating around.  I also think it’s bullshit to tell people who just want to do business that they need fucking cages and crazy insurance rates and if you make a mistake securing your register WHAT DO YOU EXPECT! That’s no way to live in society. 

Fucking infuriating when some asshole has 15 priors for theft and shoplifting and is just out wandering around doing it some more. I’m in favor of the carceral state. Let out all the drug offenders and redirect that funding to treatment and interdiction, and warehouse all the criminals, nonviolent thieves included. Prison is a place to store assholes with no impulse control who decide to live their lives by taking advantage of other people. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Handcruser said:

I do have an idea. It isn’t hard. I would not have fired my weapon. You don’t believe me and that’s fine, just stop bringing it up.

Why do you support 9 year old kids being able to transition to another gender?

If we should protect 9 year olds, why support a halfwit over-glorified cashier open fire into a parking lot filled with 9 years olds on summer break?  I guess I'm still just not getting the logic here.  But I'm apparently as slow as the high-functioning retard who can't manage to negotiate the closing of a cash register drawer but gets to play with high powered weapons on the clock.  

9 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is where I am. I’d really like to have almost no guns floating around.  I also think it’s bullshit to tell people who just want to do business that they need fucking cages and crazy insurance rates and if you make a mistake securing your register WHAT DO YOU EXPECT! That’s no way to live in society. 

Fucking infuriating when some asshole has 15 priors for theft and shoplifting and is just out wandering around doing it some more. I’m in favor of the carceral state. Let out all the drug offenders and redirect that funding to treatment and interdiction, and warehouse all the criminals, nonviolent thieves included. Prison is a place to store assholes with no impulse control who decide to live their lives by taking advantage of other people. 

It’s cool that that’s where you are but neither (1) nor (2) will be occurring in our lifetimes so we’ve got to deal with reality until then. Criminals will criminal and occasionally they will find out 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sorry my incessant posting kept you guys from saving the day in Allen.  But hey, opening fire at a strip center is a totes normal thing right?  Can you fucking pussies for once be good guys with guns?  Literally 1 win in the last 39 contests.  Jesus, Stephen hawking is a quicker draw.  

If we should protect 9 year olds, why support a halfwit over-glorified cashier open fire into a parking lot filled with 9 years olds on summer break?  I guess I'm still just not getting the logic here.  But I'm apparently as slow as the high-functioning retard who can't manage to negotiate the closing of a cash register drawer but gets to play with high powered weapons on the clock.  

I’ve said multiple times I don’t support that. Why do you keep saying I do?
  • Fuck You 1

A decent idea would be to have a gun dealer sponsored app or emergency alert system that tells you about an active shooter event.  And either get there, based on your map location feature with weapon at the to help.  Or the gun dealer will meet you there at the scene with free firearms to help take out the bad guy.  I’m not being sarcastic, gotta work better than the current system of cowardice and ineptitude.  

• Haha 2

On 5/5/2023 at 1:17 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It’s also insane to kill someone for stealing. I can not fathom why anyone would want to spend the rest of their life knowing they killed someone over a few hundred dollars.

It’s a fucking disease, man. Life has no value.

Don't spend a lot of time in the inner cities or other poverty stricken regions, I take it

csb/ Was invited to the "inner circle" of male volunteers at our church after years of service.  have to call it that since I can't technically be a Knight since I'm not Catholic and will never be.  Anyway, they asked me about my proficiency with shooting and safety and all that and I answer.  One of the guys is a gun dealer and helluva nice guy.  Most are just real estate guys or lawyers.  So I'm baffled by where these questions are coming from.  The ones who are also ushers inform me there are 2 secured P365s on our campus (one in the church itself and one in the preschool/family center).  I know one guy conceal carries when he ushers mass.  You can't see it but you, but you can hear it by the way one of his boots echos in the massive nave with 50 foot marble ceilings.   They tell me if I would participate, obviously lots of steps and paperwork and have to have my fingerprint added and all that.  Makes sense and I appreciate all the steps they take to secure them and then discretely clean and check them on random late nights when nobody is around on rotating shifts. 

I'm not gonna do it though as it just feels weird to be asked to be the lone non-Catholic in a group organized to protect their church.  Feels like some kinda setup by the Vatican.  ;) 

But it's that awkward moment where you think you're being recruited to convert and join the Knights of Columbus and instead they hand you a pistol and a floorplan of the nursery.  I'm guessing all the recent mass shootings have them on edge.  It's such a massive campus (30+ wooded acres) with about a dozen buildings and 100k+ of square footage.  That it's so damn vulnerable, I've thought about that for years.  I asked the gun owner guy before politicely declining if a shop owner has approached the diocese about outfitting its larger churches with multi-person safes, weapons, ammo, safety classes, range time, all that.  Not private security, but selling to the parish and training the volunteers.  He gave me the "check out the big brain on brad look."  Apparently that process started last week.  Pray we never have to use it.

• Hook 'Em 1