What is your level of food disgust

52-80

6 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Keep your dirty hands off my food

Screenshot_20230418-152637.thumb.png.740de29ea4f1ae31ed53291b7a29ec5a.png

Forgot to get the graph but mine is the exact opposite of yours. The hygiene and contaminates I don't care about but everything else is disgusting lol

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Bought a few package of bbq flavored crickets out of a vending machine at the natural science museum last time I was there, pretty tasty.  Idgaf. 

06A46F30-EF7A-4F7B-990B-F3DF142D9F29.jpeg

Did you answer that a hair in your soup would not bother you?

If so I'd like to invite you to come on down to bisques and pubes, Austin's hottest lunch spot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought mine would be higher while answering the questions because I kept being medium on what I would deem "shitty food" like overripe fruit, old salads or moldy what have you. 

That stuff doesn't gross me out but I don't usually willingly eat it. I don't eat a lot of fruit regardless. I can get an apple for like $0.70 why would I eat one with a worm in it?

Screenshot_20230418_154406_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f94431b27dd75c89fe0e6d2bb6e65190.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Did you answer that a hair in your soup would not bother you?

If so I'd like to invite you to come on down to bisques and pubes, Austin's hottest lunch spot.

Yea the hair in the soup was a no go and the worm already in the apple.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Judging by some of those questions, a shit-ton of people have never truly been hungry before. 26.63% rating.

Hair in the soup was a no if I was at a restaurant.  It it's at home, yeah, I'd most likely eat it.

worm in the apple?  Cut the bad part away and go.  Y'all never picked fresh fruit/ veggies before?  Y'all'd lose 3/4 of your crop for no good reason.

food-disgust?p=0,50,25,19,38,31,19,31&l=

Edited by slorch

image.png.7ed92b6da75b44c68f70bbac87d3facb.png

Humans and hygiene?  Makes sense.  I'll eat a lotta shit if I've looked and handled it.  But yeah, restaurants and trucks that don't know their shit can ruin a good meal

Fun fact, on a week-long canoe trip through Ontario...one night at camp we saw the Northern Lights.  And we dropped acid that T. Brown had kept in a waterproof bag in his gear.  And apparently I took one of our fish from the cooler and ate its head.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

If your 'Food Disgust' metrics are elevated to high, please talk to your doctor about Fukiteatitol 75mg.  Side effects may include nausea, cramping, irregular bowel movements, loose stools, and generally eating what people bring you because you're too polite to tell the world that we've come this far as a society to avoid their shitty food prep.                   Also, restless leg syndrome and an increased desire to gamble.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Re-ran it, I think I misread one of the "I would not mind if." Here's the correct #asian chart.

disgustzero.JPG.00aa5353475c25630399c4474e288179.JPG

Couple other questions that were ridiculous to me, and definite indicator that some people have never been hungry or poor, and that this test was created by Westerners:

Banana with black spots?? That's how you know they're the perfect ripeness!

Items that have had mold cut off? Must be nice to have the luxury to throw the whole piece away and get another one.

Overripe fruit? I grew up with my grandpa, we would go to local fruit sellers and ask them for their overripe discard fruit because it was cheap/free.

Chew irregular bits of meat? Pig ear cartilage and chicken knuckle cartilage are two of my favorite street foods.

Nauseating to see a whole fish with head attached? Are you fucking kidding me? See my posts elsewhere about Vietnamese/Asian new year and the chicken MUST have its head attached. Fish is the same, always head to tail, complete.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Result chart

Your food disgust is low (21.13%).

molds can aren't great for you and mold in marmalade is probably throughout rather than just the surface. 

i said i wouldn't take food from a stranger but that's more about people giving me things than anything else.  for whatever reason i don't accept stuff out of the blue. 

Result chart

Your food disgust is average (58.63%).

I have eaten moldy bread before, with the mold cut off.  However, my most recent few experiences have been with "fresh baked" bread from the grocery store.  I have found that you can cut off moldy spots but the bread will be shot through with spores and taste quite funky.

That kind of ruined me on moldy shit.

I grew up in Dallas in the 70s and 80s, which means I was exposed to a lot of not-very-fresh fish, i.e. the wrong kind of fishy smell/taste.  So, strong smelling fish (I realize there can be a difference) is a big turnoff for me.

4 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Overripe fruit? I grew up with my grandpa, we would go to local fruit sellers and ask them for their overripe discard fruit because it was cheap/free.

Haha im not fearful of ripe fruit, i simply dont prefer it. Mangos, peaches, guavas, need to be *crunchy*, and grapes have to be super firm. 

OTOH for cooked foods, this is one of the best places my friend took me to. Main dude is sitting with his bare toes inches from the pots he’s stirring, and they’re all basically dripping sweat into it. 

karims-old-delhi-near-jama-masjid-770x51

14.jpg

considered a legendary restaurant in new delhi

12 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Re-ran it, I think I misread one of the "I would not mind if." Here's the correct #asian chart.

disgustzero.JPG.00aa5353475c25630399c4474e288179.JPG

Couple other questions that were ridiculous to me, and definite indicator that some people have never been hungry or poor, and that this test was created by Westerners:

Items that have had mold cut off? Must be nice to have the luxury to throw the whole piece away and get another one.

Chew irregular bits of meat? Pig ear cartilage and chicken knuckle cartilage are two of my favorite street foods.

Nauseating to see a whole fish with head attached? Are you fucking kidding me? See my posts elsewhere about Vietnamese/Asian new year and the chicken MUST have its head attached. Fish is the same, always head to tail, complete.

Yeah, I was wondering when someone Chinese/Asian would drop by. My score dropped significantly from a couple decades of living with one. I was probably over 50% before.

That said, she'd have gotten a higher score than you on the bleu cheese question alone.

Edited by Rimbo
read too much like "you people"... ugh