2023 Baltimore Orioles Season Thread

VirginiaLonghorn

Another Braves walkoff.  Frustrating to see Kyle Stowers remain in the lineup and not be asked to SAC with the extra innings runner at second with no outs.  Now, I have no idea whether he can bunt.  But, I do know when he makes (infrequent) contact, it’s normally a pop up to the left side.  Expecting him to pull a ground ball and move the runner to 3B just isn’t in his skill set.  Dude cannot pull the ball.

Nope, this game was lost in the 3d and 4th innings when the O’s couldn’t do anything with Birds all over the bases.  But, give the manager this L for not giving the team a reasonable chance to score the go ahead run on two occasions in extras.  WTF

Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh fill the OPACY dance card this week ..

Thought I was the only Eutaw rat - didnt even look on here.   Used to live there and I could walk to games when I could afford it...special bonus when the Rangers were in town.  They usually sucked and I could get good tickets cheap.  Now on the rare occasion that I need to go there in season I stay in the attached hotel, play the game commentary on my tablet and drink on the balcony.  Once I was able to watch from my room.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, beer said:

Thought I was the only Eutaw rat - didnt even look on here.   Used to live there and I could walk to games when I could afford it...special bonus when the Rangers were in town.  They usually sucked and I could get good tickets cheap.  Now on the rare occasion that I need to go there in season I stay in the attached hotel, play the game commentary on my tablet and drink on the balcony.  Once I was able to watch from my room.  

The Hilton … which obscures the sight line between OPACY and the Bromo tower further up Eutaw Street?

image.thumb.jpeg.90f89286c331f995de3924d6bee47dd8.jpeg

While the warehouse is the key historic link to the baseball facility, Bromo would definitely be a cool view on summer evenings.  Shame the hotel took it away …

Yep. They completed the whole area renovation right before we moved there in '98. We were in a condo on President St behind the old ESPN zone before we moved to a house on Gaugh...the shitty side of Fells Point. 

Edited by beer

10 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

The Hilton … which obscures the sight line between OPACY and the Bromo tower further up Eutaw Street?

image.thumb.jpeg.90f89286c331f995de3924d6bee47dd8.jpeg

While the warehouse is the key historic link to the baseball facility, Bromo would definitely be a cool view on summer evenings.  Shame the hotel took it away …

I had family that worked at the Bromo plant way back in the day.  

51 minutes ago, beer said:

Yep. They completed the whole area renovation right before we moved there in '98. We were in a condo on President St behind the old ESPN zone before we moved to a house on Gaugh...the shitty side of Fells Point. 

image.jpeg.5815c9ebfea089023648b4bcbdb2fa6a.jpeg
I’d guess the Hilton sprouted around that yellow crane.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

still an Astros guy first, but the O's are definitely my 2nd favorite team now. My oldest was a teammate of Cowser in their younger days and we're all close with his family so of course watched his debut. O's have assembled a very exciting young team that is going to be a real threat sooner than later. And watching them go nuclear on the fucking yankees was fun too. 

• Like 1

My fiancee grew up in Maryland and was an Orioles fan. I enjoy watching them and think their ballpark is unique and cool as hell. I have the MLB app for free through T-Mobile and I've kind of adopted them as my second team since I can't watch the Rangers because of Bally. I plan on going to their ballpark next year. She's been plenty of times.

• Like 1