Abilene Christian @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

Horny Bull

7 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

CSB (?) from last night.

Pretty good crowd for a non-conference Tuesday game.

Lot of people in my section resale their tickets and last night two rows in front of me was a deaf family. I know some minimal sign language due to my wife having a deaf step-brother but I wasn't about to try conversing with them.

Anyway, they had a a 2 yr old girl that slept most of the game and around a 6-7 yr old boy. When Hurley came into pitch, the boy was trying to make gestures towards the team for a ball, but of course he was not getting any attention while being deaf and mute. The crowd was mostly gone and even though I knew they don't really do (or are allowed too) I went and talked to the usher by the dugout about getting a ball for him. Turns out his wife had been a sign language teacher at a school for years in Austin and he said he would see what he could do. Half inning later he motions for me to come back down there and not only has the ball that hasn't even been used, but Woody Williams had signed it. Got it back to the family and boy just before they were getting ready to leave. Plus some guys that sit down below me had already set something else up with Steve Rodriquez and he tossed another up to them, so both the girl and the boy each left with a baseball. 

I was able to tell Woody "Thanks" after the game and that he had made the boy's night. 🤘

Good stuff man, hat tip to you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Levi said:

Good stuff man, hat tip to you. 

Appreciate it.

When the Disch first opened and for quite some time after, you were expected to throw the balls back if they were hit into the stands. Sometimes even, a manager would come get it if that wasn't done. Glad to see that has changed.

Though I haven't gotten very many this year with the bigger crowds, it's fun giving them away to kids when I do get one.

Edited by BillyGoatHill

26 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Appreciate it.

When the Disch first opened and for quite some time after, you were expected to throw the balls back if they were hit into the stands. Sometimes even, a manager would come get it if that wasn't done. Glad to see that has changed.

Though I haven't gotten very many this year with the bigger crowds, it's fun giving them away to kids when I do get one.

I've been going to MLB and UT games since I was a kid, and have never gotten a damn ball. Bad luck I guess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I've been going to MLB and UT games since I was a kid, and have never gotten a damn ball. Bad luck I guess. 

Dude that sucks! Work harder 😛

I guess I'll have to try and get you one!

With the covid crap and limited seating a couple of years ago, I got close to double figures without even trying. A bunch come up into Gus' Pavilion which is right behind my seats. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I’ve been going since 2000. I got one once. I was 22 or so. It was a Tuesday night game against who gives a shit so there were like two dozen or so people in the stands. A foul ball drops a row in front of me. I couldn’t believe it. I’m finally about to get a foul ball at a Texas game. So I snagged it and was all happy I finally got one. Then some little 8 year old shit head walks up while we’re on the Jumbotron or whatever it’s called and goes “can I have it?!?” I wanted to say no but of course I gave the little bastard the ball 

Like seriously fuck that kid. Been to about a million more games than that little brat. Finally had my moment while this cocksucker is just getting his Texas baseball feet wet 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’ve been going since 2000. I got one once. I was 22 or so. It was a Tuesday night game against who gives a shit so there were like two dozen or so people in the stands. A foul ball drops a row in front of me. I couldn’t believe it. I’m finally about to get a foul ball at a Texas game. So I snagged it and was all happy I finally got one. Then some little 8 year old shit head walks up while we’re on the Jumbotron or whatever it’s called and goes “can I have it?!?” I wanted to say no but of course I gave the little bastard the ball 

Like seriously fuck that kid. Been to about a million more games than that little brat. Finally had my moment while this cocksucker is just getting his Texas baseball feet wet 

Adults haven’t been able to keep foul balls for about 10 years now. 

My wife always talks about getting a ball just so she can tell some kid that thinks they’re entitled to it to fuck off. Will just say it’s for her kid at home. I’d like to see if she cracks but I doubt it.

15 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

My wife always talks about getting a ball just so she can tell some kid that thinks they’re entitled to it to fuck off. Will just say it’s for her kid at home. I’d like to see if she cracks but I doubt it.

I wish I did but man it was a tough call