OU @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Just thought some might find it interesting that #4 Vandy lost 17-1 in 7 today. #7 ECU lost 7-0. Arkansas has lost two straight. All those losses to unranked foes.

I understand that posters here typically lose perspective when it comes to the rest of the country but we're down 1-0 in the series and put ourselves in an 8 run hole today. I'd like to see us finish this comeback before worrying about what Vandy did today. 

Edited by ztejas

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Just thought some might find it interesting that #4 Vandy lost 17-1 in 7 today. #7 ECU lost 7-0. Arkansas has lost two straight. All those losses to unranked foes.

Not that it matters, but Arkansas was actually swept. Blew a 4 run lead in the 9th today.

Edited by Hookem2147

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That was such terrible fucking baseball. Didn’t even hold him on.  Easy steal Lummus had clearly lost it.  No change  Just hang him out to dry. 

… and the throw was so weak and off line that it couldn’t be cutoff to prevent the hitter from jogging into 2B.  But, there’s no point belaboring the horrible fundamentals which are this team’s trademark.

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Need to get our NIL shit in order, ASAP

What are the NIL deals of all the many teams who've been beating OU? Not sure that's really the answer. I'm more inclined to scratch my head over "veteran leaders" like Kennedy. I have just as many hits this weekend as he does, in eight fewer ABs. 

5 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

What are the NIL deals of all the many teams who've been beating OU? Not sure that's really the answer. I'm more inclined to scratch my head over "veteran leaders" like Kennedy. I have just as many hits this weekend as he does, in eight fewer ABs. 

More talent isn’t the answer?

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

More talent isn’t the answer?

I'd always welcome more talent. But we've been playing badly against demonstrably bad teams after looking much better at other times. So I don't think it's all a talent gap.

I just don't see anyone rallying the troops. I'd hope to have found more evidence of it in Kennedy, but he's clearly in a funk when we need him most. Maybe he and others will blow up in the nightcap and we'll be on our merry way to a strong finish. Hope so.