WE ARE ALL DIRTY BIRDS NOW

Zeus

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Day One

Yes but although they run a lot they also have Cordelle Patterson and Allgeier. Hopefully he doesn't get burdened with too many carries. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5347429/

Statistically somehow they are saying more carries doesn't equal injury or drop in performance, but realistically we all know it does...

I hope Bijan can help the Falcons make the playoffs in this week ass division. Make some noise and start building a dynasty around a powerful running game. 

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pretty good outcome. Talent rich state with a very deep rapper pool. If he finishes top 5 for rookie of the year, he’ll be referenced in thousands of songs. A couple should be a hit. 

Yes, I’m Bill McNeal from NewsRadio out of touch, but it could happen. 

Didn't even think about the "named in rap songs" possibilities lol

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So what number does he wear. Don't follow the NFL but I'm assuming RBs can't wear single digits.

That changed a couple years back.  Couple RB with single digit numbers that spring to mind are Fournette with Tampa and Akers with the Rams.

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

Tommy Nobis was the first “Mr. Falcon” and now Bijan is set to be this generation’s Mr. Falcon.

Hook’em!!!

So, what you're saying is he's going to excel in obscurity just like Nobis did?

🤬

Nobis’ problem being the #1 draft pick was going to an expansion team - Falcons. His surrounding cast of teammates were basically no-names. Players back then didn’t switch teams after a couple seasons like they do now. He was a Falcon and retired with same.

Roughly 50% of his years he went to the Pro Bowl. Back then, it was an honor and players actually played in the game. It’s a shame he isn’t in the HOF as the Falcon’s first, because IMO lesser players are in Canton because of team association.

Old man/fan rant out!
Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 6

If you want to put T Noblis in perspective, he started as a Sophomore, because back then Freshman couldn’t play.

Back then everyone for the most part played both ways, Offense and Defense. T Noblis’ first showing on the UT gridiron was a Guard, blocking for the UT offense.

My Dad was one of the players that T Noblis replaced on the “depth chart”. It relegated to him being more of a special teams player and didn’t “letter” until his Senior year in 1963, when they won UT’s first National Championship.

Dad always said that the following year/ team was better than his, but Arkansas happened. They did go on to beat #1 Bama, with Joe Namath, in the Orange Bowl! T Noblis was a key on that goal line stand

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 4

Did your dad spell his name Noblis too?

I’ve always liked Atlanta and am happy he’s here. Cool to see his youth football pic in a Falcons jersey. I love his game and hope they use him like NO uses Kamara. He can be better. 

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

If you want to put T Noblis in perspective, he started as a Sophomore, because back then Freshman couldn’t play.

Back then everyone for the most part played both ways, Offense and Defense. T Noblis’ first showing on the UT gridiron was a Guard, blocking for the UT offense.

My Dad was one of the players that T Noblis replaced on the “depth chart”. It relegated to him being more of a special teams player and didn’t “letter” until his Senior year in 1963, when they won UT’s first National Championship.

Dad always said that the following year/ team was better than his, but Arkansas happened. They did go on to beat #1 Bama, with Joe Namath, in the Orange Bowl! T Noblis was a key on that goal line stand

Hook’em!!!

Noblis?

• Haha 1

Bijan Robinson New Rookie Falcons Bobblehead Released by FOCO

AA1auNf4.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jp

ATLANTA - The Atlanta Falcons might very well have just acquired the best player in this entire NFL Draft in Bijan Robinson. Want a good way to celebrate what your favorite team just did in this NFL Draft?

Do it by owning your own Bijan! Yes, thanks to FOCO, you have come to the right place to collect your memories of what the Texas Longhorns standout, now bound for the ATL, is about to mean to your Falcons!

FOCO has just released their 2023 NFL Draft pick bobbleheads for pre-order. Each bobblehead is $60 and stands approximately 10 inches tall. … and for the Falcons and Bijan? Maybe their chests swell a bit more than normal due to the pride associated with this pick

There is a limit on the availability of this bobblehead and the rest of these FOCO items, whether on pre-order or beyond …. And of course that is watch makes your bobbles worth cherishing. The piece features ...

- The players wearing a suit and team draft cap while holding the new team jersey, already showing off that impressive ATL rookie style.

- The 2023 NFL Draft logo backdrop to help mark his - and your - big day.

- The Falcons team logo displays on the border of the base, leaving no doubt where your loyalties lie.

- The front name display so all your friends know who this new “face of the franchise” is.

The FOCO BOBBLEHEADS are officially licensed by the NFL and FOCO USA is recognized as the best in the business … something you too will recognize when our versions of your new guy start leading the turnaround!!  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bijan-robinson-new-rookie-falcons-bobblehead-released-by-foco/ar-AA1auUfp

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Rimbo said:

So, what you're saying is he's going to excel in obscurity just like Nobis did?

🤬

On 4/28/2023 at 9:06 AM, msucolt45 said:

10e7de9309c0fdf869a957be17f4d1ff.png

Hook’em!!!

6'-2", 238 lbs, 19" Neck. ...in 1965!

That's a badass Mofo!

Obscurity?

No, Bijan will be the poster child of the NFL. His presence will be recognized every time he throws the heater touches the ball.

4a92f5b1-b484-451d-8ca7-f051b4e8b44f_tex

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

Damn it! You had a chance to use an iconic image, and you blew it! The levitating hat is an instant classic.

FuyQ30CWYAI_bfS.jpg:large

Yeah, they should do a 2nd one that looks more like Bijan including the hovering hat, hair, and matching jewelry...

FuyQ30CWYAI_bfS.jpg:large

AA1auNf4.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jp

On 4/28/2023 at 9:04 AM, msucolt45 said:

Nobis

i called maxhorn the moment the pick was made and speculated about mustardson asking to wear Nobis #60

i thought there had been a change in numbering rules recently that would allow it....

there has been a change, but RBs are not allowed to wear #60, and now, neither are LBs, so today Nobis would not able to wear #60

so I headed over to the dirtybird store to cook up my mustardson 1971 red replica kit:

falcons71.PNG

Noop.  Not available.  There are Bartkowski replicas on ebay, but I need a customized 1971 red #60 Mustardson kit.  unpossible at this time.

Edited by Hagbard Celine
  • Hook 'Em 1