Texas @ TCU Series Thread

Horny Bull

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Porter could've grabbed a coffee before making that throw

Imagine being that poor fucker tagging up, thinking you're about to tie up the game, but then when you're only about 2/3 the way to home plate, the ball zips past your head..."furk!"  Ha...fuck 'em.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Color guy was a mega tool talking up every marginal thing TCU did. Fuck that bozo and fuck TCU.

They kept saying how much they liked how Texas was playing, pass the eyeball test, miss Augie, some of that shit was over and over. They were all over LBJs nuts, LGs nuts, it was a mutual slobber fest.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, 83Horn said:

Imagine being that poor fucker tagging up, thinking you're about to tie up the game, but then when you're only about 2/3 the way to home plate, the ball zips past your head..."furk!"  Ha...fuck 'em.

It was a terrible send.  Fly ball, not that particularly deep that had Porter moving toward home when he made the catch. Great throw but frankly that outcome was well deserved based on that send decision.  

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok Porter Brown and Texas you are filling me with hope once again. Not much work is going to get done after 1pm for me tomorrow. 

Looking interesting...

LBJ + manufactured run + double play and tag at home to win it…. Vintage Texas post season ball. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok Porter Brown and Texas you are filling me with hope once again. Not much work is going to get done after 1pm for me tomorrow. 

Looking interesting...

Right…..like you actually do any work after 1pm anyways 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, WBT said:

Lulz, y'all keep talking shit about Pierce's 3B coaching

Sweep tomorrow!

What about that play, which he had no part in, makes his 3B coaching good?  

Or are you referencing some other part of the game?

Edited by Cajun

41 minutes ago, Cajun said:

What about that play, which he had no part in, makes his 3B coaching good?  

Or are you referencing some other part of the game?

I think it is kind of nod to the terrible send there by the tcu coach maybe? Like hey you guys shit on pierce but at least he didn’t do that?  

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Also that guy didn't seem particularly fast. I was wondering why they didn't pinch run for him when he was on first. 

I think he was catching so maybe they were playing for extras too?

If it was anyone but the catcher running, I wouldn’t have hated the send.

The worst part about the send imo is Silva was due up next and despite the fact he’s in the 9-hole, he is one of the best hitters on the team.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 hour ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

I think it is kind of nod to the terrible send there by the tcu coach maybe? Like hey you guys shit on pierce but at least he didn’t do that?  

Oh, he’s done that.  He just didn’t do it there.

But your point is taken.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, 83Horn said:

I think that dude knew he was dead when he saw where Brown caught the ball.

Just out of curiosity, why announce that Tanner is starting today?  Why not just start Hurley/Sthele and sneak Tanner in the game in the 5th for an inning or whatever? Do we have to announce that a guy who hasn't played so far this year is being "activated?"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Just out of curiosity, why announce that Tanner is starting today?  Why not just start Hurley/Sthele and sneak Tanner in the game in the 5th for an inning or whatever? Do we have to announce that a guy who hasn't played so far this year is being "activated?"

Pierce said it is to allow him to get a full warmup and feel like he is in a routine as supposed to getting him up in the bullpen in the middle of the game.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, troph said:

They kept saying how much they liked how Texas was playing, pass the eyeball test, miss Augie, some of that shit was over and over. They were all over LBJs nuts, LGs nuts, it was a mutual slobber fest.

Well yeah they eventually couldn't avoid talking about gordon and lbj. Kicking TCU's ass. Auggie is standard announcer pablum when we play.

Just now, dcar00 said:

Well yeah they eventually couldn't avoid talking about gordon and lbj. Kicking TCU's ass. Auggie is standard announcer pablum when we play.

so that blow job doesn't count?  I thought all blow jobs count, even if it's just the tip?

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

That send felt kind of personal. Like, we saw you play here, you're a liability in LF, we're gonna show total disrespect.

Whoops.

I believe there was definitely some of that mindset going on.... Porter has had some struggles in LF this year (most at the start of the season) but has made improvements as the season has gone on. He was a DH there mostly, possibly due to his fielding and his arm. The decision to go was made before Shaw even threw the pitch to the plate...tagging on a fly ball anywhere (?) in the outfield. 

Catcher running on a fly that shallow in the outfield (even more so being from Left) and that is going to be the result. Great throw and maybe even a better tag. Dude never even touched the plate.

2 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I believe there was definitely some of that mindset going on.... Porter has had some struggles in LF this year (most at the start of the season) but has made improvements as the season has gone on. He was a DH there mostly, possibly due to his fielding and his arm. The decision to go was made before Shaw even threw the pitch to the plate...tagging on a fly ball anywhere (?) in the outfield. 

Catcher running on a fly that shallow in the outfield (even more so being from Left) and that is going to be the result. Great throw and maybe even a better tag. Dude never even touched the plate.

peyton manning what GIF by Gatorade

He was out. That's all that matters

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Looking interesting...

Yup. Putting my Teams on focus mode so no one can bother me lol

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, zlavydra said:

He’s a true starting pitcher so he needs to work on getting back in that routine 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

He’s a true starting pitcher so he needs to work on getting back in that routine 

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pierce said it is to allow him to get a full warmup and feel like he is in a routine as supposed to getting him up in the bullpen in the middle of the game.

Thanks. I hadn't considered the importance of getting back to the routine.

43 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Not sure how 3 for 36 (conference) going back to the K St series (I'd try further but it just kept getting worse)warrants batting 6th in the lineup.

Daly should be batting 9th at best and trying for walks, getting HBP or bunting (though as 3 yr starter he can't even do that)....it would almost be better to let Witt hit and let Carlson be DH'ing for Daly.  

3 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Not sure how 3 for 36 (conference) going back to the K St series (I'd try further but it just kept getting worse)warrants batting 6th in the lineup.

Daly should be batting 9th at best and trying for walks, getting HBP or bunting (though as 3 yr starter he can't even do that)....it would almost be better to let Witt hit and let Carlson be DH'ing for Daly.  

I’d actually hit Daly 8 and EK 9 since he’s not leadoff anymore. 

6th makes zero sense at all. Truly don’t understand that

Edited by hobbes2702

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

It’s fucking insane. He hit like .320 or whatever as a freshman. I thought he was gonna be drafted in like the 5th or 6th once he was eligible. Nope. He was a doubles machine as a freshman. Is there a hole in his swing? Does he have no fucking confidence? Just amazing how far he’s regressed. 

It’d be like, idk, Jerrod Heard going off for like 500ish yards against sayyyyy Cal then being a shitty QB the rest of his time here 

53 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I'm glad they have shelved the Galvan catcher game on the weekends for now. He'll be good in a year or two but Guillemette needs to catch every game down the stretch.

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

It’s fucking insane. He hit like .320 or whatever as a freshman. I thought he was gonna be drafted in like the 5th or 6th once he was eligible. Nope. He was a doubles machine as a freshman. Is there a hole in his swing? Does he have no fucking confidence? Just amazing how far he’s regressed. 

It’d be like, idk, Jerrod Heard going off for like 500ish yards against sayyyyy Cal then being a shitty QB the rest of his time here 

Someone offered a pretty good explanation earlier in the thread, or maybe in a different one. Basically, he doesn't seem to pick up the spin on breaking balls, and he doesn't have the bat speed to hit good fastballs. Once in a blue moon, he'll run into an 87-mph meatball.  I think Flores would do the same.

BUT, he honestly does play pretty good defense, and that's important as well.

Edited by zlavydra

I’m assuming they are doing that to try to break up the lefty bats. Maybe if Carlson continues to hit he can flip with Daly. We have the opposite problem we faced last year when we had basically zero left handed presence in the lineup, especially once Kennedy went down.

And if EK finds his groove again then you obviously don’t want him batting 7th for long. I don’t know, lots of options and things to consider.