Players you hated on your favorite team and rival teams

closetohumping

Growing up as a Rocket fan:

Couldn't stand Cuttino Mobley or Moochie Norris.  Thought they stunted SF3's growth.  

Way back in the 80s, I didn't find any likable guys on the Celts or Lakers but I couldn't stand the sight of Kurt Rambis, AC Green or Cooper.  For the Celts, Danny Ainge.

As a Mavs fan, Eddie Najera and Antoine Walker.  Najera because the obvious reasons.  Walker because once a month he would play like a basketball savant and give you a 35-15-12 game, which made him sucking shit through a straw the other 90% of the time even more infuriating . And god forbid he make his first 3 of the game, because that meant he would be attempting ten more.

Also grew up a rockets fan: 

Lewis Lloyd and Mitch Wiggins for fucking up what should have been a great team with their stupidity 

Danny Ainge for sure, also dirty ass Bruce Bowen.  And of course we can't forget a special fuck you to Malone and Stockton.  

Kemp and Payton frustrated me but I didn't hate them.

16 minutes ago, Jebus said:

Also grew up a rockets fan: 

Lewis Lloyd and Mitch Wiggins for fucking up what should have been a great team with their stupidity 

Danny Ainge for sure, also dirty ass Bruce Bowen.  And of course we can't forget a special fuck you to Malone and Stockton.  

Kemp and Payton frustrated me but I didn't hate them.

Yes on the above 2.  Do you remember a guy named Alan Leavell?  He sucked.  Everytime he was on the court I rolled my eyes.

• Hook 'Em 1

KAJ was a whiny, bitchass mofo. Isaiah Thomas also was a cunty little  bitch. Danny Ainge just needed his ass kicked.

Respected Bird, Magic, Robinson.

Loved the Sixers of The Doctor and Mo Cheeks era.  See also: Dream’s Rockets.

Edited by slorch

52 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Karl Malone, Kobe and Dennis Rodman were the most hated in the pros.  Derek Fisher, Stockton and Hornacek make honorable mention.   In college, it was definitely Eduardo Najera.   

My NBA rooting interests have been pretty fluid other than generally liking the Texas teams, so UT is really the only true favorite team.  I didn't like Greg Brown and Gabe Muoneke.  Those guys were not very endearing.  I suppose J'Covan wasn't either, but he was more fun to watch play.

I liked Dogus Balbay fine as an individual, but the fact that he couldn't shoot any shot from anywhere drove me insane.  I think I pity-hated Will Baker if there is such a thing.  I had pretty much checked out on Shaka and our team that year, but just seeing the box scores and his stats would make me incredulous.  Five star big man recruit who went an entire season with shooting splits like 20%-15%-30% while shooting nothing but 3s and not rebounding or blocking shots.  It was like the individual player version of the Abilene Christian game where you couldn't even understand how something so awful could be happening.

Balbay, and Justin Mason.  I didn't hate Mason but man his shot was frustrating.  Jevan Felix was annoying as well.  I don't think I hated any of our Texas players though.  

10 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Fucking hated Scottie Pippen as a Rocket. Whiny little finger-pointing bitch who went on to do jack shit in Portland…

Lost all respect for uo. When I found out he’s a shit tipper.  I wanted him to be so good in Houston.  I rooted for all the Texas teams.  

I hated watching Wilkins play for the spurs

The only two guys I never liked that were on my team were Chris Mihm and Smush Parker. I remember when we got Mihm that I looked at his age 25 season and the stats were almost identical to the one a 35 year old chain-smoking Vlade Divac put up. Mihm was the very definition of overhyped and mostly it was because he spent a summer watching Tim Duncan play basketball. He did not learn a thing.

7 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Most hated on my team (Spurs): Sidney Green and Richard Jefferson. Honorable mention: Bryn Forbes.

Most hated rivals: Karl Malone. And Derek Fisher. And Karl Malone again, because fuck Karl Malone.

Yup. But I'd also mention Karl Malone again.

On the Spurs I hated Cadillac Anderson. Not sure why he just seemed to suck. Also, this was just embarrassing...

hated: all arkie players, kevin bookout, eduardo najera, ryan spangler, grayson allen, carmelo anthony 

as far as UT goes, i loved then hated j'covan brown. also, the last time period when i was hanging around the practices was the late 90's, and gabe muoneke was a giant douchebag. he was one of those people who went out of his way to make people not like him and he enjoyed it. really weird guy. 

Edited by shadow_operative

6 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Balbay, and Justin Mason.  I didn't hate Mason but man his shot was frustrating.  Jevan Felix was annoying as well.  I don't think I hated any of our Texas players though.  

javan felix got so much undeserved hate because of the idiotic responsibilities his coach gave him. dude was quite clutch though, and all in all had a pretty good career for his lack of size and athleticism, plus the aforementioned added weight of having to overcome shaka's horrible coaching.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

hated: all arkie players, kevin bookout, eduardo najera, ryan spangler, grayson allen, carmelo anthony 

as far as UT goes, i loved then hated j'covan brown. also, the last time period when i was hanging around the practices was the late 90's, and gabe muoneke was a giant douchebag. he was one of those people who went out of his way to make people not like him and he enjoyed it. really weird guy. 

Gabe Mouneke was/is a terrible human being.  Just a gigantic cunt.  I generally enjoyed playing pickup games with the UT players, but after a few experiences I passed on playing when Gabe was on the other team.  When things were not going his way his first response was violence.  Basketball was a hobby at that point in my life, and I didn’t need to risk dental work because Gabe was a weak-minded pussy whose first response when he was frustrated was to start throwing elbows.

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Every arkie, sooner and aggy as hatable. But hated Hollis price and obviously Najera.  The arky player I hated the most was Corliss Williamson 

hated all Duke players except grant hill

37 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Dallas/Houston/SA fans have found a common theme we can rally around.  The fuck Karl Malone party seems to have universal support.

And his little gangster buddy Stockton 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

javan felix got so much undeserved hate because of the idiotic responsibilities his coach gave him. dude was quite clutch though, and all in all had a pretty good career for his lack of size and athleticism, plus the aforementioned added weight of having to overcome shaka's horrible coaching.

i need to add that the myck kabongo situation is what really jumped off all of the felix hate. he was supposed to be a bench player at the 2 as a freshman and instead he had to be our starting PG because believe it or not he had the best ball handling and decision making among our remaining guards. that year of him being thrown into the deep end at a position that he's not fit for really set him up for failure.

11 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Dallas/Houston/SA fans have found a common theme we can rally around.  The fuck Karl Malone party seems to have universal support.

I want someone to run for president as part of the Fuck Karl Malone Party. They would win every state (including Utah, because deep down, they know we're all right) and bring unity and healing to this country. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The last part is understood, but Stockton, while one of the dirtiest mf’ers in the history of the league, never raped a middle school student.

I didn't know about that. What sealed Malone in the basketball piece of shit hall of fame for me was the elbow to Robinson's head. 100% intentional to hit him. He was fined $5000 and missed one game.

Oh and the game right before this one? Malone kneed a player and fractured his rib.

52 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

I didn't know about that. What sealed Malone in the basketball piece of shit hall of fame for me was the elbow to Robinson's head. 100% intentional to hit him. He was fined $5000 and missed one game.

Oh and the game right before this one? Malone kneed a player and fractured his rib.

100% intentional.

Regarding Moochie, I just hated his game.  He was like the YMCA version of Rafer Alston and I mistakenly thought he stunted Steve Francis's growth.  Steve was the franchise savior.  Rockets got him from the then Vancouver Grizzlies.  He was sort of Westbrook before Westbrook.  Great athlete, could rebound, sort of a bonehead though.  I think he's fallen on hard times whereas ironically enough, Cuttino Mobley is doing well in LA.

12 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The fuck Derek Fisher party is pretty universal among all three fan groups as well. Each one has a special dislike of that dick munch for various reasons. The Spurs with .3. He ghosted the Rockets after getting traded to them because he was such a LA pussy. He also requested to be waived from the Mavericks because he "wanted to spend more time with his family" back in LA and then re-signed days later with OKC. Fuck that guy.

11 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The last part is understood, but Stockton, while one of the dirtiest mf’ers in the history of the league, never raped a middle school student.

First off, we don't really know definitively if John Stockton ever raped a middle school student. Like, it is completely within the realm of possibilities and let's face it, more like a probability. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

However, what we do know for sure is that he was one of the low key dirtiest, cheap shot, kidney punching, nut hugger wearing, stat padding, cocksuckers who ever laced them up. He's also an ignorant vax conspiracy theorist who claimed that thousands of athletes died and hundreds "dropped dead on the field" after getting the covid jab. Complete asshole.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Fuck you brandon mouton god damnit

How do you hate Brandon Mouton?  Dude was the ultimate gamer.  Wrong height, skillset, and not woefully athletic but busted his ass to be one of our better players for a few seasons.  

Growing up with the Chicago Bulls in the early 90's, I fucking hate Isaiah Thomas, Mark Aguirre, & Bill Laimbeer.  Rodman and Salley are cool though since they ended up joining the Bulls before the decade was out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I think this is almost a universal trait shared by every fanbase outside of Utah. He was and is still a horrible human being. How he treated his son when he was drafted by Buffalo was ridiculous. That he raped a 13 year old is an even bigger reason to completely dislike him. Just a completely unrepentant person.

8 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I think this is almost a universal trait shared by every fanbase outside of Utah. He was and is still a horrible human being. How he treated his son when he was drafted by Buffalo was ridiculous. That he raped a 13 year old is an even bigger reason to completely dislike him. Just a completely unrepentant person.

Speaking of New York.  Not even sure where to start.  Ok, I'll start with STarks, Harper and of course Ewing. 

I'm going down memory lane a bit. That entire Heat team with LeBron were a bunch of cocksuckers and played like it outside of Bosh who never rubbed me the wrong way. 

I mean - they were a great villain for the NBA but man they were a bunch of unlikable bitches. 

51 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Speaking of New York.  Not even sure where to start.  Ok, I'll start with STarks, Harper and of course Ewing. 

I have a friend in Dallas that is a Knicks lifer going back to Bernard. The early 90’s Knicks really helped to make the game unwatchable. 

Chris Beard...

Just kidding.  

Terrence Shannon Jr will get a good ass argument started in Tech circles, but he never was my favorite player, by a long shot. He loved him some TSJr.  Didn't really blame him for going to Illinois, but just something about his time in Lubbock was a bit off to me.  Strictly as a fan.

Fardaws Aimaq- yeah, I know he broke his foot and that is out of his control, but dude was not that good when he did get healthy.  Had no fucking touch on his shot inside 15'.  then he made a 3pt shot one time and he became just like Bryson Williams in his mind.  Furk.  He was the worst thing about a year that was shitty last season. Never understood how he was WAC POTY unless that was a total shit conference.