Players you hated on your favorite team and rival teams

closetohumping

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

How do you hate Brandon Mouton?  Dude was the ultimate gamer.  Wrong height, skillset, and not woefully athletic but busted his ass to be one of our better players for a few seasons. 

Fucking this man; dude single-handedly kept us in the game against Syracuse…

19 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Every arkie, sooner and aggy as hatable. But hated Hollis price and obviously Najera.  The arky player I hated the most was Corliss Williamson 

hated all Duke players except grant hill

And his little gangster buddy Stockton 

Actually, the nicest player I met was a pig.  

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

How do you hate Brandon Mouton?  Dude was the ultimate gamer.  Wrong height, skillset, and not woefully athletic but busted his ass to be one of our better players for a few seasons.  

Growing up with the Chicago Bulls in the early 90's, I fucking hate Isaiah Thomas, Mark Aguirre, & Bill Laimbeer.  Rodman and Salley are cool though since they ended up joining the Bulls before the decade was out.  

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Fucking this man; dude single-handedly kept us in the game against Syracuse…

because  he's a Tech fan. Mouton killed them, particularly in 03/04 when we made that ridiculous comeback in lubbock. featuring his buzzer beater three to send it into OT. barnes drew up two consecutive brilliant plays, one to get the ball to ivey just across half court where he could immediately call TO, the next to get mouton a look from three. it was epic, and was one of the wildest games of ghat cbb season. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 6:53 PM, UpperWestside said:

The only two guys I never liked that were on my team were Chris Mihm and Smush Parker. I remember when we got Mihm that I looked at his age 25 season and the stats were almost identical to the one a 35 year old chain-smoking Vlade Divac put up. Mihm was the very definition of overhyped and mostly it was because he spent a summer watching Tim Duncan play basketball. He did not learn a thing.

Grew up with him and played ball with him. You’re an idiot. 

Pros: Rondo, Mayo, Dennis Smith Jr., Finney-Smith, Shawn Bradley, Monta Ellis, Chandler Parsons, Dampier, Dwight Powell, Javale McGee, Kleber, Doug Christie

7 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Pros: Rondo, Mayo, Dennis Smith Jr., Finney-Smith, Shawn Bradley, Monta Ellis, Chandler Parsons, Dampier, Dwight Powell, Javale McGee, Kleber, Doug Christie

Hating Finney-Smith is a sign you aren’t right in the head assuming you’re a Dallas guy.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Hating Finney-Smith is a sign you aren’t right in the head assuming you’re a Dallas guy.

Well all the other players are Mavs so great assumption. He typifies post glory era Mavs. A 30+ minute guy who worked his ass off to average 10 ppg and finally out up some respectable 3 shooting % seasons, only to regress.  I do admire how he worked to be an average NBA player. Hate is a strong word but he got far too many minutes here, and was way overhyped by the fan base. 

5 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

If you played with Chris in high school, you must have played with Jeff and Frank.  

If the Jeff you’re speaking of has a last name beginning with a B, yes, and I know him very well. Never played with a guy named Frank. Pretty sure you’re talking out of your ass as per yuge. 

Yep, that's the Jeff.  I think Frank was even younger than you and Chris so probably 2-3 years behind you.  He was introduced to me by Chris and Jeff.  Barely remember him but he was like 6-5 as a soph/junior.  Small world.  Or Yuge as you say.  

5 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

If the Jeff you’re speaking of has a last name beginning with a B, yes, and I know him very well. Never played with a guy named Frank. Pretty sure you’re talking out of your ass as per yuge. 

I think if I remember correctly, I met Jeff in Spain when he was one year younger than me,  And Mihm was two years younger than me (but obviously on varsity hoops with Jeff and already 6-9+ on his way to nearly 7-0).  Damn, that was almost 30 years ago.  Still hate the Lakers but cheered for 'em when Chris was on the roster.  

Derek Fisher is my prime #1, but also anyone who played for the Mavs or Rockets from 1994-2015. I’ve also always hated Chris Paul.

For the Spurs, I hated Dennis Rodman and Richard Jefferson.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/4/2023 at 10:16 AM, Hate said:

Derek Fisher is my prime #1, but also anyone who played for the Mavs or Rockets from 1994-2015. I’ve also always hated Chris Paul.

For the Spurs, I hated Dennis Rodman and Richard Jefferson.

How can you hate Dirk?  I never hated Duncan. Or Bowen. Not a fan of Parker for reasons that have nothing to do with hoops. I thought Ginobli and Duncan whined too much but had tremendous respect for all Spurs. Y’all were the gold standard. I don’t understand how anyone could dislike Dirk. His Spurs tribute video was the coolest thing any team did for him. 

On 5/3/2023 at 8:57 PM, Fastbreak said:

Fuck Westlake…

Fuck YOU

4 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

How can you hate Dirk?  I never hated Duncan. Or Bowen. Not a fan of Parker for reasons that have nothing to do with hoops. I thought Ginobli and Duncan whined too much but had tremendous respect for all Spurs. Y’all were the gold standard. I don’t understand how anyone could dislike Dirk. His Spurs tribute video was the coolest thing any team did for him. 

Fuck YOU

Oh man. WE FUCKING HATED DIRK!  Now, he has a following among Spurs fans as a great guy, stone-cold killer, and worthy adversary. But back then, when the teams were competing for Conference Championships? Fuck that floppy haired, floppy body, whiny cunt. 

God, it felt so good to hate a rival. I hope we can all get there again.

5 hours ago, Kermit said:

Oh man. WE FUCKING HATED DIRK!  Now, he has a following among Spurs fans as a great guy, stone-cold killer, and worthy adversary. But back then, when the teams were competing for Conference Championships? Fuck that floppy haired, floppy body, whiny cunt. 

God, it felt so good to hate a rival. I hope we can all get there again.

From the aughts to about the early 2010s, the rivalry was great. I had great respect for all those Spurs, but I thought at the time they were all whiny cunts too. And I too hope we can get there again. 

17 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

In today's NBA, Laimbeer could be an MVP. Really what's the difference between him and Joker? Besides the short shorts.

Jokic?  Laimbeer was a very talented player. For about a 10-year stretch he averaged about 15 and 12. Assuming you’re talking about Jokic there’s no comparison. His comp today is a more offensively talented Gobert

13 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Jokic?  Laimbeer was a very talented player. For about a 10-year stretch he averaged about 15 and 12. Assuming you’re talking about Jokic there’s no comparison. His comp today is a more offensively talented Gobert

Are you guys serious right now? Laimbeer would not be worth a fuck in the modern NBA when he can't elbow and punch guys with impunity.

Most hated on favorite basketball team -- Rondo, easily.

1 hour ago, SilasCoade said:

Are you guys serious right now? Laimbeer would not be worth a fuck in the modern NBA when he can't elbow and punch guys with impunity.

Most hated on favorite basketball team -- Rondo, easily.

I didn’t compare him to (I think) Jokic. I laughed at that. Laimbeer would definitely be ultra talented in todays game. 

Laimbeer would be suspended 28+ games if he tried to play like he did then, but worthless today? That's a ... take.

Dude was 6'11 with outside range and rebounding and decent D, even when he wasn't goading other players into fights.

Aso watching some highlights of old 80s games made me miss that era. Villain teams and players made that era fun as hell to watch.

On 5/1/2023 at 11:41 AM, slorch said:

KAJ was a whiny, bitchass mofo. Isaiah Thomas also was a cunty little  bitch. Danny Ainge just needed his ass kicked.

Respected Bird, Magic, Robinson.

Loved the Sixers of The Doctor and Mo Cheeks era.  See also: Dream’s Rockets.

I hate to break it to you, but Magic was the biggest whiny bitchass to ever play in the NBA.

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I hate to break it to you, but Magic was the biggest whiny bitchass to ever play in the NBA.

He was the apprentice on his own team.

Not battling for this hill, of course.  I liked neither the Celtics nor the Lakers when seemingly everyone else did.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, Kermit said:

At getting suspended?

He’d adjust his game. I imagine he’d probably score more and have fewer rebounds per game. He was a pretty good player. His most thuggish behavior was toward the end of his career when his body was starting to slow down. 

Fuck YOU

I had respect for Dirk, but my hatred of all things Mavericks overshadowed it. I hated Mark Cuban and wanted Juwan Howard dead. His 2002 physical assault of Derek Anderson still pisses me off. I think the Spurs had a real shot of taking down the Lakers that year with Anderson. He was their missing piece the two previous years against them. He left the next year for Portland and the Spurs finally brought over Manu from Italy, so it worked out in the long run. Then there was Jason Terry being one of the biggest bitches in NBA history by punching guys in the balls. That was Chris Paul level bitchassness. I cheered for the Jumbotron to fall on Howard and Terry.

Oh and Vince Carter traveled in Round 1 game 3 of 2014. That was bullshit!

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I had respect for Dirk, but my hatred of all things Mavericks overshadowed it. I hated Mark Cuban and wanted Juwan Howard dead. His 2002 physical assault of Derek Anderson still pisses me off. I think the Spurs had a real shot of taking down the Lakers that year with Anderson. He was their missing piece the two previous years against them. He left the next year for Portland and the Spurs finally brought over Manu from Italy, so it worked out in the long run. Then there was Jason Terry being one of the biggest bitches in NBA history by punching guys in the balls. That was Chris Paul level bitchassness. I cheered for the Jumbotron to fall on Howard and Terry.

Well, I hate Cuban and Howard. I love Terry and Carter. Sometimes you need to be punched in the balls. 

3 hours ago, Hate said:

I actually like dirk for some reason.   As a rocket fan I didn’t like Shandon anderson nor Carlos Rogers.