Cruz vs Allred - 2024

Pancho

He’s the perfect foil against Ted Cruz. He’s smart, sober and unafraid to mix it up when necessary. During the insurrection, he had to be constrained from kicking Andy Harris’ ass. So, he’s the kind of Alpha man Texans claim to love.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, C-Man said:

Same. Now we have that cunt Beth Van Duyne.

People have asked me about her and the best description I can give is "50 degrees nuttier than Lisa Murkowski but 10 minutes short of Lauren Boebert."

17 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I'm uncharacteristically optimistic.  I think he overperforms and sucks GOP resources away from other races to what should be a safe seat. 

The top 2 GOP on the ticket in 2024 will be Trump and Cruz, not Abbott. That helps, as middle of the road voters don’t particularly like either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The top 2 GOP on the ticket in 2024 will be Trump and Cruz, not Abbott. That helps, as middle of the road voters don’t particularly like either. 

There aren't many of those, but the expectation would be that the 4-6% of normie Republicans who live in cities and inner ring suburbs (think pre-ledge @Brisketexan and @Ghost of LL) stay home. The Trump dimension is hard to handicap, though, because he brings out the low-propensity weirdo community as much as he increases D enthusiasm. 

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

There aren't many of those, but the expectation would be that the 4-6% of normie Republicans who live in cities and inner ring suburbs (think pre-ledge @Brisketexan and @Ghost of LL) stay home. The Trump dimension is hard to handicap, though, because he brings out the low-propensity weirdo community as much as he increases D enthusiasm. 

Nah, man.  I was probably right of those two and ain't none of us stayin home.  We all pullin the donkey lever.

• Hook 'Em 2

Debbie Downer---only way to oust Cruz is to primary him out with several hundred thousand Democrats pulling GOP primary ballots and get a decent human being in that seat who may be Republican but at least isn't a walking piece of toxic human shit..  Instead, you'll spend $50mm and lose by 9% with this guy so you can tell your friends you voted for the local Democratic Court of Appeals candidate in Harris/Dallas/Bexar County.  Congrats, well done.  Neg rep me all you want, you guys could fuck up a cup of coffee...

26 minutes ago, YChang said:

Maybe just for laughs, the Dems in TX this go around should try some negative marketing/communication against Cruz. 

This^. He’s such an un likable person, a skilled politician might be able to exploit that and his record of failure for the people of Texas in order to eke out a win. Anything’s possible.

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

A year ago, Cruz had a strong approval score of 22%, compared with a 40% strong disapproval. It’s not like he’s riding a tidal wave of popularity here.

No, he's not.  It's a largely inconsequential year in Texas politics.  A whopping 3 competitive house races, nothing statewide of competitive significance.  Unless there is a wide-open Democratic primary, other than some bullshit local judicial races...there is absolutely no reason why 500,000 Democrats can't pull a GOP primary ballot and fuck over Ted Cruz.  Easiest way to get rid of him.  Absolutely zero reason the Democrats can't coordinate an effort to oust Cruz in a primary.  Short of that, he wipes the fucking floor with Guitierrez or Allred by 7-10% and y'all waste $25-$50mm for no fucking reason whatsoever.  

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I'm uncharacteristically optimistic.  I think he overperforms and sucks GOP resources away from other races to what should be a safe seat. 

I join you in your optimism.

The poll out last week (maybe the Texas Tribune; maybe someone else--I don't remember) had Trump up 4 against Biden.  It had DeSantis up 6 or 7 on Biden.  But DeSantis is going to lose his ass in the primary, so that doesn't fucking matter.

Four points isn't just a whole lot.  It definitely says that Trump is a loser nationally.  Any Republican who can only win Texas by 4 is going to get his ass kicked nationally.  And losing has a momentum all its own.  Nobody wants to turn out for a loser; nobody wants to campaign or fundraise for a loser.  Show me a presidential candidate who is losing by 6 on October 15 and I'll show you a candidate who's losing by 10 on Election Day.

Point being--Trump is going to be a drag on the ticket.  And Ted Cruz is not the kind of guy who is going to provide his own boost.

• Hook 'Em 1

If it's Trump v. Biden in 2024 at the top of the ticket, Trump only carries Texas by 3-4%.  but Cruz still wins by 7-8%.  

But y'all keep telling yourself this stupid shit that a super strong, well-funded Democratic candidate can beat Cruz in a general.  

Primary his ass or all of this is a gigantic waste of money that could better spent winning the less-than-handful of competitive house races.  

I take some of you pretty serious but y'all can fuck up a sandwich.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

a decent human being in that seat who may be Republican 

At this point, given the direction of the republican party, you can't be both of those things at the same time.

• Hook 'Em 8

11 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Hey, motherfucker, YOU repeatedly claim to have all kinds of connections in the TX GQP. It's not MY responsibility for YOUR party to put up someone who isn't a "walking piece of toxic human shit" against Cruz in YOUR primary.

Until YOU and those in YOUR party who supposedly think like YOU do, I ain't voting in YOUR primary.

As I see it now, YOUR party is such a cluster of fucks, Y'ALL are more likely than not to primary Cruz with someone even worse than him. 

Any Cruz challenger in the GQP primary would be worse than him. Prove me wrong.

YOU primary his ass. It ain't OUR responsibility to find a better Republican to run in YOUR primary.

7k6vw2.jpg

That's right, keep blaming the Democrats for how YOUR party is ruining the state and nation with "walking pieces of toxic human shit" as candidates.

tumblr_okwtjd4aQ81qmob6ro1_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Hey, motherfucker, YOU repeatedly claim to have all kinds of connections in the TX GQP. It's not MY responsibility for YOUR party to put up someone who isn't a "walking piece of toxic human shit" against Cruz in YOUR primary.

Until YOU and those in YOUR party who supposedly think like YOU do, I ain't voting in YOUR primary.

As I see it now, YOUR party is such a cluster of fucks, Y'ALL are more likely than not to primary Cruz with someone even worse than him. 

Any Cruz challenger in the GQP primary would be worse than him. Prove me wrong.

YOU primary his ass. It ain't OUR responsibility to find a better Republican to run in YOUR primary.

7k6vw2.jpg

That's right, keep blaming the Democrats for how YOUR party is ruining the state and nation with "walking pieces of toxic human shit" as candidates.

First off-ain't my party.  Sometimes I vote Republican because they're gonna win anyway and I gotta pick the lesser of two evils.

Second-how's the "holier than thou" voting tactic working for you guys?  Winning a lot of statewide races pulling a "D" ballot, are ya? 

Third-I didn't fuck ask you to put up a primary challenger against Cruz.  I asked you to get a few hundred thousand of your fellow primary voters to take a different tack.

Get it through your fucking head----------your stupid fucking strategy isn't fucking working.  You're one goddamn embarrassment after another.  I ain't a fucking Republican and I sure as fuck ain't a fucking naive dicknose Democrat either.  We circled wagons on hundreds of thousands of dollars and hundreds of thousands of non-typically Democratic voters to hammer down on Trump in 2020.  Learn to fucking play ball or fucking lose again by 8%.  Which is precisely what your team is gonna do.  Your candidates are a money suck, a black hole, a vacuum that can be better donated/spend elsewhere.  But you're gonna fucking do it again and again and again.  And you're gonna blame people like me who get real shit done because it feels better than looking in the mirror.  It's a fucking disaster waiting to happen and you fucking know it.  Your current strategy of bitching and moaning is going so fucking well, congrats.  

Prediction---Democrats lose by 1%  for every additional $5m they raise.  And somehow it's my fault.  Weird fucking way to approach politics, folks.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Can Allred choose trial by hand-to-hand combat? 

Where are they now?: Allred proud to serve Congressional district where ...

shutup and dribble  tackle. Keep your sports out of my politics!

Edited by staboner

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

First off-ain't my party.  Sometimes I vote Republican because they're gonna win anyway and I gotta pick the lesser of two evils.

Second-how's the "holier than thou" voting tactic working for you guys?  Winning a lot of statewide races pulling a "D" ballot, are ya? 

Third-I didn't fuck ask you to put up a primary challenger against Cruz.  I asked you to get a few hundred thousand of your fellow primary voters to take a different tack.

Get it through your fucking head----------your stupid fucking strategy isn't fucking working.  You're one goddamn embarrassment after another.  I ain't a fucking Republican and I sure as fuck ain't a fucking naive dicknose Democrat either.  We circled wagons on hundreds of thousands of dollars and hundreds of thousands of non-typically Democratic voters to hammer down on Trump in 2020.  Learn to fucking play ball or fucking lose again by 8%.  Which is precisely what your team is gonna do.  You're candidates are a money suck, a black hole, a vacuum that can be better donated/spend elsewhere.  But you're gonna fucking do it again and again and again.  And you're gonna blame people like me who get real shit done because it feels better than looking in the mirror.  It's a fucking disaster waiting to happen and you fucking know it.  Your current strategy of bitching and moaning is going so fucking well, congrats.  

It ain't your party now that you all drove it into the shit ditch. But I'm calling bullshit on anytime prior to 2016, because you've pretty much already admitted that in other threads.

What real shit did you do to keep Abbott, Cruz, Patrick, Patterson out of office at the state level? Be honest, have you ever cast a vote for any of them? What about that dumbfuck Rick Perry? Or Baby Bush at either the state/national level? Hell, you spent time in Florida in the late 90s. By the way you talk sometimes, I wouldn't put it past you to have participated in the Brooks Bros riot way back then.

Again, you're the one who claims all these connections in the Texas GOP and attends all these events that could influence who might run in the GOP primary against Cruz. Your expectation of someone like myself to be active in that cursed party is too much. And, yes, I understand this is essentially a one-party state but what you're asking on that level is to join The Party like this is Soviet fucking Russia.

If they can find someone who isn't a total "walking piece of toxic human shit" to run against Cruz in the primary, I'll consider crossing over and voting for them to oust the slimeball for good.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Get it through your fucking head----------your stupid fucking strategy isn't fucking working.  You're one goddamn embarrassment after another.  I ain't a fucking Republican and I sure as fuck ain't a fucking naive dicknose Democrat either.  We circled wagons on hundreds of thousands of dollars and hundreds of thousands of non-typically Democratic voters to hammer down on Trump in 2020.  Learn to fucking play ball or fucking lose again by 8%.  Which is precisely what your team is gonna do.  Your candidates are a money suck, a black hole, a vacuum that can be better donated/spend elsewhere.  But you're gonna fucking do it again and again and again.  And you're gonna blame people like me who get real shit done because it feels better than looking in the mirror.  It's a fucking disaster waiting to happen and you fucking know it.  Your current strategy of bitching and moaning is going so fucking well, congrats.  

Prediction---Democrats lose by 1%  for every additional $5m they raise.  And somehow it's my fault.  Weird fucking way to approach politics, folks.

Didn't some posters recently point out one of your foregone conclusions being off target, or was that someone else?

I'm sure many of my foregone conclusions were way off target.  Such is politics.  But everybody make sure we do one thing here in Texas---keep voting Democratic in primaries because those candidates have such an outstanding chance in statewide elections.  The absolute best thing we can all do right now and in the next couple of cycles.  Totally the smart play,...

53 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

lulz at this choad calling anyone else an embarrassment. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Allred seems like a good guy.  Supports policies that help the work class, help me provide a good education for my kids, and provide health care for my family.  However I am just too worried about ANTIFA, Hunter’s laptop,  and somebody somewhere using the inappropriate bathroom so unfortunately I will have to vote for Cruz.

— Average Texan

How could you forget the border?

2024a42f-53c6-47e8-94cd-cb920242f7f8-GTY

• Hook 'Em 1