Cruz vs Allred - 2024

Pancho

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

lulz at this choad calling anyone else an embarrassment. 

Yeah, fair point.  Cruz beats anybody in a general by at least 7%.  And it wastes no less than $35mm, probably more.  Meanwhile, some house raises go unnoticed.  

2 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

You have the wrong myth.   You're looking for the myth of Texas fuckery.

rawImage.jpg

That poor kid probably gets teased mercilessly over not being able to grow any facial hair outside of that cookie duster he's so desperately trying to shape.  In a few years when he's 18 and can vote, he's still going to get questioned about his age.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

First off-ain't my party.  Sometimes I vote Republican because they're gonna win anyway and I gotta pick the lesser of two evils.

Point me to the last time a Republican in Texas was the lesser or two evils.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, YGIFS said:

If it's Trump v. Biden in 2024 at the top of the ticket, Trump only carries Texas by 3-4%.  but Cruz still wins by 7-8%.  

But y'all keep telling yourself this stupid shit that a super strong, well-funded Democratic candidate can beat Cruz in a general.  

Primary his ass or all of this is a gigantic waste of money that could better spent winning the less-than-handful of competitive house races.  

I take some of you pretty serious but y'all can fuck up a sandwich.  

Cruz should be easy as shit to beat.  The problem is the candidates that keep running against him keep taking the high-road winning support from a base they already had.   Beto had the right idea but the wrong message.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I am pessimistic at his chances of winning this god-forsaken state, but if the Democratic challenger is going to come from politics (i.e. isn't a celebrity recruit) Allred's background seems just about ideal.

playing football?  I think that is good, but not ideal.  Depends on who writes that story and if it is identifiable.  

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Cruz should be easy as shit to beat.  The problem is the candidates that keep running against him keep taking the high-road winning support from a base they already had.   Beto had the right idea but the wrong message.   

People forget that Cruz didn't exactly walk over Beto - only won by like 200,000 votes out of over 8 million cast. He's vulnerable if the right opponent emerges.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nivek said:

playing football?  I think that is good, but not ideal.  Depends on who writes that story and if it is identifiable.  

He's a clean-cut football player that went to a Baptist University. 

The Republicans will certainly find ways to attack him, but he very much does not fit neatly into the profiles that are the subject of their current culture wars.

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

How could you forget the border?

2024a42f-53c6-47e8-94cd-cb920242f7f8-GTY

I love how these stupid fucks get all armored up for a 15 minute (if that) cruise on the river.

When I canoe on the river, I don't even bother carrying a pistol, and I certainly don't wear a tactical vest.

Cosplaying pussies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Plus he's black and married to a white woman.

...wait.

This one will be bad for “reasons” but Ginny and Clarence are cool because they both hate democracy and civil rights 

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I love how these stupid fucks get all armored up for a 15 minute (if that) cruise on the river.

When I canoe on the river, I don't even bother carrying a pistol, and I certainly don't wear a tactical vest.

Cosplaying pussies.

Are those tactical vests or life preservers?  Not sure Ted really needs one.  He looks to have plenty of built in flotation.

Edited by DDD Dad

40 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This one will be bad for “reasons” but Ginny and Clarence are cool because they both hate democracy and civil rights 

They’re all good with Ginny and Clarence because Clarence is going to draft the SC opinion that states his marriage isn’t constitutionally protected anymore.

This could be one of Allred’s avenues of attack. The US Senator won’t get that much blowback from voters for supporting local control:

Perhaps most alarming to advocates of local control is the sweeping House Bill 2127, filed by Republican representative Dustin Burrows, of Lubbock, which would grant the state exclusive authority over any activities covered by Texas’s agriculture, finance, insurance, natural resources, and occupations codes. (A companion measure, Senate Bill 814, was filed by Republican senator Brandon Creighton, of Conroe.) If the legislation passes, Texas cities and counties may no longer be able to adopt ordinances related to door-to-door sales, employment discrimination, music-festival safety, predatory lending practices, overgrown lots, or uncontrolled burns, among many other issues. 

That video is more Mack Brown instead of Vince Young.

Either do a soft, I'm a nice guy video (which I'd recommend against in this state), or do a go hard against Ted Cruz video. But trying to both in the same video comes off as weird. There needs to be some fire in the video, imo. This had little to none.

17 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

They’re all good with Ginny and Clarence because Clarence is going to draft the SC opinion that states his marriage isn’t constitutionally protected anymore.

Actually he isn’t, that’s the only sexual privacy case he believes is constitutional. 

• Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, Satchel said:

This could be one of Allred’s avenues of attack. The US Senator won’t get that much blowback from voters for supporting local control:

Perhaps most alarming to advocates of local control is the sweeping House Bill 2127, filed by Republican representative Dustin Burrows, of Lubbock, which would grant the state exclusive authority over any activities covered by Texas’s agriculture, finance, insurance, natural resources, and occupations codes. (A companion measure, Senate Bill 814, was filed by Republican senator Brandon Creighton, of Conroe.) If the legislation passes, Texas cities and counties may no longer be able to adopt ordinances related to door-to-door sales, employment discrimination, music-festival safety, predatory lending practices, overgrown lots, or uncontrolled burns, among many other issues. 

LOL sir, that is not going to move the damn needed for a *U.S* Senate race. 

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Allred personally needs to keep the same vibe, but he needs to hire Fetterman’s social media team. Cruz is such a fucking easy target.

My ad campaign would be nothing other than audio of Cruz talking shit about Trump in 2016, Trump talking shit about Ted's ugly wife and his Kennedy assassinating father, and then wrap things up with 

image.png.ff1fbc0d879c05d3cf8b85edf6d0aad3.png

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, troph said:

Ted Cruz isn’t a pussy - that’s an insult to vaginas - he’s an obesity induced tiny dick incapable of an erection.

Hey now. You've gone too far in the other direction. Now you're just insulting the impotent micropenis community with eating disorders. What did they ever do to you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When Allred won his Congressional seat against Pete Sessions, the national dems backed him and he had a really good cadre of young folks working on his ticket.  When I showed up to block walk it was all business, but young and energetic.  

As to Hispanics - they are undependable but they like football.  So I would say he has a better shot with them than Beto did.  Get some photo ops with Dallas Cowboys. 

To me, the issue with Cruz is that everyone really knows he's a fat gutless chode, and just by standing there Allred is going to make that point without having to say a word.   

I have no faith in Texas and I do expect to lose, but this is a good choice.  Allred is young and he had to be trained to be a politician but he's caught on and he seems unflappable.  I like the comparison.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

When Allred won his Congressional seat against Pete Sessions, the national dems backed him and he had a really good cadre of young folks working on his ticket.  When I showed up to block walk it was all business, but young and energetic.  

As to Hispanics - they are undependable but they like football.  So I would say he has a better shot with them than Beto did.  Get some photo ops with Dallas Cowboys. 

To me, the issue with Cruz is that everyone really knows he's a fat gutless chode, and just by standing there Allred is going to make that point without having to say a word.   

I have no faith in Texas and I do expect to lose, but this is a good choice.  Allred is young and he had to be trained to be a politician but he's caught on and he seems unflappable.  I like the comparison.

I think Texans are emotional and manipulatable, I think you have to out Texan him while calling him a coward as well.  That's what Allred did in that video and Beto didn't. He needs to hammer Cruz on his misteps and he needs to call him an embarrassment because they say the quiet words outloud now so fuck it we should too.  We don't have to be embarrased by our senator, we can get a new one is fucking amazing.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2