Cruz vs Allred - 2024

Pancho

16 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

When Allred won his Congressional seat against Pete Sessions, the national dems backed him and he had a really good cadre of young folks working on his ticket.  When I showed up to block walk it was all business, but young and energetic.  

As to Hispanics - they are undependable but they like football.  So I would say he has a better shot with them than Beto did.  Get some photo ops with Dallas Cowboys. 

To me, the issue with Cruz is that everyone really knows he's a fat gutless chode, and just by standing there Allred is going to make that point without having to say a word.   

I have no faith in Texas and I do expect to lose, but this is a good choice.  Allred is young and he had to be trained to be a politician but he's caught on and he seems unflappable.  I like the comparison.

He has to be very aggressive in controlling the narrative and not allow Republicans to demagogue him on “women’s health”  (that should be his preferred nomenclature). The DNC will have to spend big money on Spanish speaking media in South Texas. Either go big or go home.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

When Allred won his Congressional seat against Pete Sessions, the national dems backed him and he had a really good cadre of young folks working on his ticket.  When I showed up to block walk it was all business, but young and energetic.  

As to Hispanics - they are undependable but they like football.  So I would say he has a better shot with them than Beto did.  Get some photo ops with Dallas Cowboys. 

To me, the issue with Cruz is that everyone really knows he's a fat gutless chode, and just by standing there Allred is going to make that point without having to say a word.   

I have no faith in Texas and I do expect to lose, but this is a good choice.  Allred is young and he had to be trained to be a politician but he's caught on and he seems unflappable.  I like the comparison.

You're not lying. We have a guy in my office, 33 years old or so, from the valley. His family property is literally on the border or like 100 yards from it. This is his first real job, his first time out of the bubble, etc. And he's about as much of a right-wing starter kit as you can get. Open carry, likes to make bud light jokes recently, thinks positively of Elon Musk, literally says he hates California and Californians despite never setting foot in the state, and has no desire to ever set foot in the state. Tried to refuse to sign his lease agreement for an apartment HE needed because he thought a 30 page document he was signing (but wouldn't read all of) was just a scam to fleece him somehow later. Views everything with distrust. It's just...sad. And he's fairly intelligent, if totally inexperienced as to how the world outside a ranch in South Texas works. 

If he's indicative of the younger generation of the RGV, and I have every reason to think he is, that place is probably lost to Democrats. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're not lying. We have a guy in my office, 33 years old or so, from the valley. His family property is literally on the border or like 100 yards from it. This is his first real job, his first time out of the bubble, etc. And he's about as much of a right-wing starter kit as you can get. Open carry, likes to make bud light jokes recently, thinks positively of Elon Musk, literally says he hates California and Californians despite never setting foot in the state, and has no desire to ever set foot in the state. Tried to refuse to sign his lease agreement for an apartment HE needed because he thought a 30 page document he was signing (but wouldn't read all of) was just a scam to fleece him somehow later. Views everything with distrust. It's just...sad. And he's fairly intelligent, if totally inexperienced as to how the world outside a ranch in South Texas works. 

If he's indicative of the younger generation of the RGV, and I have every reason to think he is, that place is probably lost to Democrats. 

Republicans spend a lot of money nurturing that kind of silliness.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Where do you work that open carry is allowed? 

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Where do you work that open carry is allowed? 

It's a small company with an important employee and small principle, who is somewhat sensitive and very right wing, made the juice not worth the squeeze in continuing to keep our foot down on the matter. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's a small company with an important employee and small principle, who is somewhat sensitive and very right wing, made the juice not worth the squeeze in continuing to keep our foot down on the matter. 

Fuck that. I'm not working anywhere that allows employees to carry weapons whether open or concealed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We had a guy that worked for us for a long time that finally told the office at his fucking retirement party that he had carried to work pretty much every day for a decade plus. Of course he was aggy too. 

4 hours ago, troph said:

Ted Cruz isn’t a pussy - that’s an insult to vaginas - he’s an obesity induced tiny dick incapable of an erection.

I talk with my daughter about this. I want to find a substitute for calling people pussy, but there's nothing else like it.  I don't want to insult women or vaginas, but I do want to insult weak, cowardly men. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I talk with my daughter about this. I want to find a substitute for calling people pussy, but there's nothing else like it.  I don't want to insult women or vaginas, but I do want to insult weak, cowardly men. 

I suppose, in the end, all of the female genitalia names for weak, cowardly men are deeply misogynistic.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Shitheel.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I suppose, in the end, all of the female genitalia names for weak, cowardly men are deeply misogynistic.

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Plus, I really like vaginas, but damn it's hard to find something as universally effective. I think the word count, as used by the English, is very descriptive, but back to the original conundrum.

9 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

Shitheel.

I like it, but it's dated. 

Two words I really like are milksop and poltroon, but they're both way too old fashioned and when I say them out loud I feel like Colonel Sanders. 

7 minutes ago, royiv said:

Plus, I really like vaginas, but damn it's hard to find something as universally effective. I think the word count, as used by the English, is very descriptive, but back to the original conundrum.

That's the thing - it's so punchy. Even Cunt isn't as good. In Scotland they throw it around like nothing and the sting is often missing. Pussy nearly always gets there and is like a 1-2 combo of humiliation and fighting words. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

34 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

He was a real bad ass tough when questioning KBJ during her confirmation hearing, but not so much when responding to Trump’s attack on his wife.

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

He was a real bad ass tough when questioning KBJ during her confirmation hearing, but not so much when responding to Trump’s attack on his wife.

Allred needs to run ads showing Trump's attacks on Cruz's wife/family and then end with "Unlike Ted Cruz, I will fight for women and our families" or something along those lines.  But...

Not Happening No Way GIF

Maybe run an ad with this clip as well.

Fail Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

Shitheel.

This is good.  I like cocksplat and bitchhole myself. I guess bitchhole has a female connotation but whateves, it’s not like I’m saying he’s a cunt. In the end no one really wants or likes a weak flaccid dick so we could just call him peckerface or dickhole or the man with an obesity induced small penis that can’t ever come to attention, I mean that surely is part - only part - of why his wife hates him.  What a fucking cocksplat. 

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I just call them Ted Cruz 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You don’t have to worry about doxxing yourself, because I don’t really understand any of that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Allred is a good candidate. I just wish he didn't have to remind anyone he went to Baylor.

10 hours ago, troph said:

Yeah but it plays well in parts of the state. 

On the one hand, fuck Baylor.

On the other, remind people he went to a Texas university while Raphael went to Harvard and Princeton.

• Hook 'Em 4

Well, here's a fucking head scratcher.  The assistant AG of Texas that most closely aligned with Paxton (Who is in deep shit again with the folks he helped Nate Paul launder money for), who may have had something to do with the resignations/firings of all the other AAG's...is known as a wartime/campaign time expert.  And smart as hell.  He left Paxton's office to become Cruz's new Chief of Staff/campaign co-director because Cruz is suddenly nervous about his chances.  and he's the one that took the photo of Cruz with the Proud Boys seditionist way back when which the photo leak is of very curious timing.  

The simulation is ramping up folks.  Buckle in.

Edited by YGIFS

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, fuck Baylor.

On the other, remind people he went to a Texas university while Raphael went to Harvard and Princeton.

I think this works better when your Texas university isn’t the rape factory of Texas, and it gets harder to throw stones at Harvard and Princeton with Berkeley on your resume.    Dude seems like he’s going to cause some serious trouble for Rafael, though.  

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I think this works better when your Texas university isn’t the rape factory of Texas, and it gets harder to throw stones at Harvard and Princeton with Berkeley on your resume.    Dude seems like he’s going to cause some serious trouble for Rafael, though.  

Collin Allred -

• Born in Texas
  • Went to undergrad at non-woke Baylor and played college football in Texas
  • Who cares where he went to law school because he does not spend all his time demonizing higher education and ivy leagues

Ted Cruz

• Born in Canada
  • Educated at super woke Princeton and Harvard
  • Demonizes higher education and ivy leagues as being woke factories, despite having been educated at 2 of the finest universities in the country

Fuck Ted Cruz.  Where Allred went to law school matters to no one but the people like you. 

CaNt ThRoW sToNes

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Collin Allred -

• Born in Texas
  • Who cares where he went to law school because he does not spend all his time demonizing higher education and ivy leagues
  • Father did not participate in assassination of John F. Kennedy

Ted Cruz

• Born in Canada
  • Demonizes higher education and ivy leagues as being woke factories, despite having been educated at 2 of the finest universities in the country
  • Father (allegedly) participated in assassination of John F. Kennedy

There are other valid points to add to the lists.

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It won't matter. Colin will be labeled as "too extreme" and the usual rubes will eat it up just like they've eaten the same shit sandwich fed to them the last decade. 

this is likely true.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It won't matter. Colin will be labeled as "too extreme" and the usual rubes will eat it up just like they've eaten the same shit sandwich fed to them the last decade. 

Undoubtedly. There is some "extreme" that Allred can throw back at Cruz, however. January 6 was extreme. Groveling to Tucker Carlson was extreme. Leaving during the freeze was extreme.

Make a difference? Dunno, but it's at least some ammunition.

And to people talking about debates... lol. When has that mattered? 

50 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Collin Allred -

• Born in Texas

Ted Cruz

• Born in Canada

Fuck Ted Cruz.  Where Allred went to law school matters to no one but the people like you. 

CaNt ThRoW sToNes

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

Steve Buscemi Fuck All That GIF - Steve Buscemi Fuck All That - Discover &  Share GIFs

55 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If Allred can’t win, can he at least whip the shit out of Raphael on the debate stage?  I will settle for that. 

Fuck it. I'm selecting my senator based off Oklahoma drills. Line 'em up!

56 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I don't think Allred is a great debater.  That being said, I think he's gotten better on the podium.  I think that if they get to that point, Allred will play rope a dope.

ae3c97344d6907ca2902e1c9683af9e25875400d

All Colin has to do is tell Cruz during the debate to shut up or he’ll kick is ass right the on stage. The crowd would go wild! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I had season tickets when Colin played for BU. We weren't the ones doing the raping.

45 minutes ago, Satchel said:

All Colin has to do is tell Cruz during the debate to shut up or he’ll kick is ass right the on stage. The crowd would go wild! 

“Big angry black man threatens to assault US senator. Must have CTE”

• Haha 1

I bet y'all $20 we could convince Herschel Walker that he's Rep. Allred and running against Senator Cruz.  And Ted wouldn't say shit about it on the debate stage because he's too busy trying to figure out what  his beard smells like.  

21 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I like it, but it's dated. 

Two words I really like are milksop and poltroon, but they're both way too old fashioned and when I say them out loud I feel like Colonel Sanders. 

That's the thing - it's so punchy. Even Cunt isn't as good. In Scotland they throw it around like nothing and the sting is often missing. Pussy nearly always gets there and is like a 1-2 combo of humiliation and fighting words. 

If you add a modifier, like cowardly pussy, that simultaneously a) implies normal pussy is not cowardly, and b) still packs the ingrained punch of calling someone a “pussy”

• Like 1
  • Drool 1