Texas A&M-Texarkana Player Hit By Stray Bullet During Game

Modessit

I know all about it. I can't tell you how many games I played on that field. It's in a park called Spring Lake Park, as was the name of that baseball stadium back then. I played games there, in so many different leagues, in many age groups, from Pony League to then called Dixie League.  Had tall Pine trees behind the outfield fence back then. They renamed it "George Dobson Field," later. He was a famous local broadcaster for the NBC affiliate in Texarkana.

The hospital the player is in is the new St. Michaels. I was born in the old St. Michaels Hospital. At that time the hospital was completely run by the Catholic Church, all the nurses were nuns. That changed later too. Now the Catholic Church just has a place on the Hospital Board. I had friends there last Saturday when this happened. They were there for the local Boy Scout Jamboree that was taking place there at the same time, it was canceled after the shooting.

7 minutes ago, NBHorn7 said:

I know all about it. I can't tell you how many games I played on that field. It's in a park called Spring Lake Park, as was the name of that baseball stadium back then. I played games there, in so many different leagues, in many age groups, from Pony League to then called Dixie League.  Had tall Pine trees behind the outfield fence back then. They renamed it "George Dobson Field," later. He was a famous local broadcaster for the NBC affiliate in Texarkana.

The hospital the player is in is the new St. Michaels. I was born in the old St. Michaels Hospital. At that time the hospital was completely run by the Catholic Church, all the nurses were nuns. That changed later too. Now the Catholic Church just has a place on the Hospital Board. I had friends there last Saturday when this happened. They were there for the local Boy Scout Jamboree that was taking place there at the same time, it was canceled after the shooting.

This is for the important part not your entire post

Screenshot_20230501-205541_Chrome.thumb.jpg.75b1236b1b4e65198c9afa39690f23a0.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1