Longhorn legend Lance Blanks has passed away

Saint Tacky

I posted on the former Longhorns thread. Eric Metcalf tweeted too: "Everyone hug your family and friends and tell them you love them. We lost a dear friend and brother. People are going through things and you never know it!!!"

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, LonghornD said:

I posted on the former Longhorns thread. Eric Metcalf tweeted too: "Everyone hug your family and friends and tell them you love them. We lost a dear friend and brother. People are going through things and you never know it!!!"

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It should have been Lowell. 

After the appropriate amount of time has passed, a joke can be made about what led to this. 

RIP Lance. As a kid I had a "Come Dance With Lance" t-shirt. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

After the appropriate amount of time has passed, a joke can be made about what led to this. 

RIP Lance. As a kid I had a "Come Dance With Lance" t-shirt. 

No I would literally rather his dipshit broadcasting partner be dead. Lance always seemed like a good guy. RIP.

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

wow. i've known Lance my entire life. this is jarring. i'm speechless right now. how could i know that the last time i saw him would be the last time i saw him. i'm speechless. i guess it time that i go through all of those old photos from way back when. shit this is tough. i'm totally stunned. RIP Lance. 🤘🏼 

btw my dad made that video when he w as at UT. it's my favorite video ever, i've watched it a thousand times, and going all the way back to when i was a small child my favorite part was Lance's acrobatic finish followed by him running/twirling down the court in jubilation. this is truly shocking. such an upbeat and positive guy, and truly authentic and humble. i just don't know what to say. i'm still stunned.

• Hook 'Em 6

• Pancho changed the title to Longhorn legend Lance Blanks has passed away
  • Pancho pinned this topic
54 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

BMW was my intro to Texas basketball.  RIP Lance.

this 

back in the day college basketball was a hell of a sport. the programs, the coaches, the players, it was damn great. Pinders and BMW splashed UT into the big time. 

I was at Conroe when he was at McCullough and both of those teams were really good.  Back then in the pre game warmups you could dunk all you wanted so both teams would put on a show, especially for big rivalry games.  Our student section was ragging lance pretty badly so he proceeded to do a one hand tomahawk while looking right at us and flipping us off. 

I've liked him ever since then.  Seemed like a good guy.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

wow. i've known Lance my entire life. this is jarring. i'm speechless right now. how could i know that the last time i saw him would be the last time i saw him. i'm speechless. i guess it time that i go through all of those old photos from way back when. shit this is tough. i'm totally stunned. RIP Lance. 🤘🏼 

Damn, I’m in that video from the Arkansas game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

My freshman year was Weltlich's last year as coach. I knew a guy who was a manager for the team, and all year he kept raving about these two transfers who were able to practice with the team but couldn't play until the following year. He was convinced that those transfers plus Travis Mays would make Texas a good team even if Weltlich returned.

Luckily we didn't have to find out how Kaiser Bob would have handled Blanks and Wright joining Mays on the court.

I will always be thankful for the two years I got to see Blanks playing for UT, and I am terribly saddened by his passing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

• immamac unpinned this topic