Blastfurnace 2023

Beat Trey to starting the thread again!

Anyways, we're getting a sneak peak of summer this weekend, with sustained temps in the low 90's today and tomorrow, though it shouldn't stick around long. Supposed to be an extended period of clouds and rain chances starting next week to limit temps to 85 or less through 5/20. 

After 3 years of an extended La Nina, we'll see if we actually get a milder, wetter summer this year with the El Nino that is being widely predicted. Fingers crossed. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

I'm ready, bring it with some cold beers and a pool.

It's likely that tomorrow, at the hottest part of the day, I'm going to go jump in my pool, and come up with teeth chattering and immediately get out. Water temp is still a few degrees below "comfortable."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texasdago said:

I love summer (admittedly can find much to love in all seasons but its time to partay)

Im Ready To Party Kristen Wiig GIF

This is the correct attitude to take in life. Find something to live about where you live. And and about each season. Spend less time on internet bitching. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I feel fortunate that this thread is being started in early May instead of late March. We've actually had a spring.

Exact same thing happened last year. Buddy of mine had a big crawfish boil the first Saturday in May. After weeks of awesome weather in April, it was low 90's and swampy as hell. Everybody was drenched in sweat.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

I swear I looked at apple weather earlier today and it had next Thursday with a high of 79 in Austin!! I didn’t really believe it but it’s back to 85.

Still beats last year at this time which I feel like was at 100+ daily.

We were high 90's in Houston at the very end of March.  I believe we cracked 100 at some point in April and didn't look back until late July or early August.  Last summer was weird, what should have been spring and early summer were hotter than hell.  Late July and August which should gave been the shittiest part of summer were not that bad compared to what I was fearing.

32 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Folks. It is Texas. We get hot for 5 months of the year. Drink water and beer. You will be fine. 

Add pool time, floating on a river, lake time and you're good.  I would add the Gulf Coast but anyone who has set foot in the Gulf in April knows it feels piss.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Looks like Blastfurnace season kicks off in earnest on Friday. High pressure system will move in and park over Texas and stick around for a while.

Extended forecast for 6/9 thru 6/19 is all mid to high 90's and low rain chances. 

I’m not a weather dude and I know it’ll be hot. But the last few times it was hot, it was just skin burning Arizona hot. My balls were dry and my wife’s tits didn’t have the boob sweat that large chested women have to suffer with in this Texas humidity.

So does this Friday forecast mean that the heat from now on will come with a full serving of swamp ass and sweaty tits until October?

11 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Looks like Blastfurnace season kicks off in earnest on Friday. High pressure system will move in and park over Texas and stick around for a while.

Extended forecast for 6/9 thru 6/19 is all mid to high 90's and low rain chances. 

Was curious. Took a 4.2 mile walk this AM and didn’t even get sweaty until half way through. At 8:30 it was, dare I say it, pleasant? 

42 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I’m not a weather dude and I know it’ll be hot. But the last few times it was hot, it was just skin burning Arizona hot. My balls were dry and my wife’s tits didn’t have the boob sweat that large chested women have to suffer with in this Texas humidity.

So does this Friday forecast mean that the heat from now on will come with a full serving of swamp ass and sweaty tits until October?

1) rules

2) username checks out 

3) yes

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Austin wanted in on some of that Laredo action

Monday - 100
Tuesday - 101
Wednesday - 101
Thursday - 105
Friday - 106
Saturday - 104