Texas @ Kansas Series Thread

Horny Bull

I saw enough flashes from Sthele, Duplantier and Whitehead this weekend so give me hope that one or two of them could become another reliable arm by the postseason.

Very, very weird that Tole and Burke were not used. There has to be something going on there, although I remember Tole warming up yesterday.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ace, Ace in your face! Nice series win. 

Unusual outing for Gordon but LBJ and Sthele stepped up. For the most part I think Dre did good but I’m still going to be nervous when he’s in. And Pierce for the love of god keep GG behind the plate at all times for conference games. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I saw enough flashes from Sthele, Duplantier and Whitehead this weekend so give me hope that one or two of them could become another reliable arm by the postseason.

Very, very weird that Tole and Burke were not used. There has to be something going on there, although I remember Tole warming up yesterday.

Burke's stats are good. I am not sure why he is used so infrequently.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Can we please add him and keep Powell and Porter? Wait @Hookem2147 does Porter have another year?

Technically yes.

Redshirt Junior due to injury as a freshman in '19 and then the covid crap year. He's draft eligible and will get interest. Depends on how much money is offered or maybe (?) he's back. I doubt it though.

Would be e great if he is, but most likely looking at whole new outfield next year. And also most likely new catcher, hopefully Schuessler and Galvan can improve, Powell at 3rd is JR. and is most likely gone (will get drafted) and we need a SS that can produce at the plate, so maybe new there also. Need to get some portal guys or guys need to step up.

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Not going back to read the entire thread, but 104.9 has been off the air since yesterday, at least for me. Tried to tune in to the games yesterday and today. Anyone know what's going on?

Rumor going around is they were locked out of their building for not paying rent. Not a good situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Deej said:

Not going back to read the entire thread, but 104.9 has been off the air since yesterday, at least for me. Tried to tune in to the games yesterday and today. Anyone know what's going on?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. 

32 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

One thing we are absolutely awful at is drawing walks. Kansas was as wild as any staff in the Big 12 and we walked twice in 3 games. 

We are dead last in walks drawn in conference play by a comfortable margin.

Odowd and EK routinely swing at pitches out of the zone, especially up.   They have terrible plate discipline.   If just those two were as disciplined as the rest of the team we’d have like 30 more walks.  Powell swings at a lot of high pitches too.  

33 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Lol Is this real? KOKE has been out too. Can we lock Bob Cole out of all things UT as well?

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Hate him at games...Especially the Disch.

Somebody on the site here sold me a single game ticket to WV football game a few years back and it turns out I sat by number of Mountaineer alum that had gotten together for the weekend. Before the game even started, one turned to me and said "What's up with strip club PA announcer?"  I about spit my beer out on the guy in front of me. 

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Technically yes.

Redshirt Junior due to injury as a freshman in '19 and then the covid crap year. He's draft eligible and will get interest. Depends on how much money is offered or maybe (?) he's back. I doubt it though.

Would be e great if he is, but most likely looking at whole new outfield next year. And also most likely new catcher, hopefully Schuessler and Galvan can improve, Powell at 3rd is JR. and is most likely gone (will get drafted) and we need a SS that can produce at the plate, so maybe new there also. Need to get some portal guys or guys need to step up.

Gotcha. But kinda fuck that. Porter and Powell will be back. Galvan will become a solid 3rd baseman, Powell over to first. Flores gives us Faltine type defense at short. Meanwhile O’Dowd flattens out his swing and hits .320 with 8ish bombs. Little duplantier gives us Campbell like production. Gordon and Witt for some reason come back. Then we snag another GG in the portal or that sinton kid that’s coming in turns out to be a Rupp type. Show me a loss

Gotcha. But kinda fuck that. Porter and Powell will be back. Galvan will become a solid 3rd baseman, Powell over to first. Flores gives us Faltine type defense at short. Meanwhile O’Dowd flattens out his swing and hits .320 with 8ish bombs. Little duplantier gives us Campbell like production. Gordon and Witt for some reason come back. Then we snag another GG in the portal or that sinton kid that’s coming in turns out to be a Rupp type. Show me a loss

Game 2 of the CWS best of 3 final.

We of course win game 3.

7 hours ago, Deej said:

BK showed up for a half hour and all hell broke loose.

On 5/5/2023 at 7:56 PM, MirrOlure said:

How about shut the fuck up about defending a below mediocre coach who will be fired.

It’s not if. But when the little fucker will be fired.

Wake me up when it happens

LSU lost the series and was run ruled on Sunday.  I'm sorry that DP winning the series caused you to be humiliated in front of your fishing buddies.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2023 at 7:51 PM, MirrOlure said:

Attention David Pierce apologists:

Fuck this shit.

I’m fishing in Grand Isle with a bunch of LSU dudes….they’re straight out laughing at me and I have no defense.

Fuck that fifth choice settled on undeserving midget motherfucker

Wow, just saw this gem.

1.  how about you weigh in on the reasons we had to go with our 5th choice?

2.  how about you take a leave of absence?

4 hours ago, Deej said:

Back on the air, but with no local programming at the moment. 

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2023/05/08/the-horn-fm-back-on-air-in-austin-amidst-technical-difficulties/

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wow, just saw this gem.

1.  how about you weigh in on the reasons we had to go with our 5th choice?

2.  how about you take a leave of absence?

Shhh.. he's trying to sleep it off...

2 hours ago, petscii said:

LSU lost the series and was run ruled on Sunday.  I'm sorry that DP winning the series caused you to be humiliated in front of your fishing buddies.  

...and mysteriously, those fuckers "couldn't find" their Games 2 and 3 on SEC+

• Like 1