Paxton is Investigating Dell Children's Medical Center Over "Gender Transitioning Procedures" for Minors

atomheartbevo

On 5/9/2023 at 5:00 PM, fattyflattie said:

I meant fringe right citizenry, not the govt officials.   I’ve known these guys for 20-25 years, in each other’s weddings and shit, and never heard a peep positive or negative about LGBTQ until 18 months ago.   Well educated, monied families, very center right/libertarian shit, 1 quasi religious, one absolutely not.  In 18 months it’s a complete reversal.  I bet I get 30 fucking memes a day in text, and I can’t even decipher what 25 are about.  The anger moves so rapidly. I just don’t get it. 

Spoiler alert:  those dudes aren’t as educated as you think they are.  Bachelor degrees from A&M don’t mean shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

On 5/9/2023 at 3:48 PM, fattyflattie said:

I'm certainly not disagreeing.  What I was trying to convey is there are looney people that think the state will come take your child, and "force" on them the care they want, without parental consent.  Teachers, govt spooks, etc.  180* from parent trying to get their kid help, and then being punished for that.   Something like the short play below.  Fwiw, these are highly educated people sending me this shit.  

FF 10 yo daughter: Teacher, I believe I am transexual, and would like to transition to meet my body's feelings. Typical other legitimate feelings I dont know of understand          inserted here.

Teacher: Come with me, I'm turning you into the govt so they can force testosterone into you and other surgeries that are typical with this.  Your parents have no say in            this. 

FF: Why didn't daughter come home from school this afternoon?!?!?!  Frantic shuffling.

GMan: Rings doorbell.  Your son is now property of the US Govt, and his name is Bill. 

FF: Daughter never even spoke with me about this.  Where is my daughter/son?

GMan: Your son is now property of the US Govt.   Let's review your tax filings over the last 7 years. 

One of these dudes believes this issue is what will drive the country to a civil war.  I. Do. Not. Understand.

Hate and fear is a hell of a drug combo. Throw in a hierarchial worldview, and baby, you got a fascism going!

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, best I can tell, that lady is a pastor in Massachusetts.  Regardless, wouldn't the wholesale firing of an entire department at Dell Children's make the news here in Austin?

Where did you get Mass from?  

This is what I see as her church:

Live Oak Unitarian Universalist Church
3315 El Salido Pkwy
Cedar Park, TX 78613

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

3315 El Salido Pkwy
Cedar Park, TX 78613

It was hard to tell if it was her -- a UU Pastor going by "RevJo".  Maybe she moved, maybe it's a different person.  Looks were close but some were different enough to question.

Again, why wouldn't this be all over the Austin news?  That was my main point.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

3315 El Salido Pkwy
Cedar Park, TX 78613

Uh, Austin, Massachusetts.  That's what I said.  /feedsthesnake

On 5/7/2023 at 10:06 PM, safe sex said:

Minors can have mastectomies for non-gender-related reasons too. Should we ban those?

When people talk about gender surgery on minors, they are referring to vaginoplasties. Ask any MAGA piece of shit what they're talking about with gender surgery and they'll mention chopping dicks off (not what happens). That is what I was referring to, again, for the reason that mastectomies happen for many reasons.

Your faux concern about besides-the-point semantic accuracy is noted, though.

Meanwhile, Texas is in the bottom 10 of the country in the number of babies that get circumcised.  We only cut off part of the dicks of half the male babies born here.  So to be clear we aren't against genital mutilation in Texas, or even putting knives on dicks.  It's only certain types of genital surgeries that are supposed to be off limits. So even the MAGA way of describing it doesn't get to the heart of why they are against it, because I bet 90% of their male children were circumcised when they were babies.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

Just a heads up, rumors going around, but I can't find anything verified, outside of a Statesman reporter tweeting to people asking for proof, and watching her on twitter, it feels like people could be fucking with her.

Dell put out a statement a week or two ago about it

https://healthcare.ascension.org/locations/texas/txaus/dcmc/patient-and-family-resources

As advocates for the best possible care and treatment of minors, Dell Children’s Medical Group takes seriously any allegations about the care provided in our clinics.

Our organization prohibits surgery and prescribing hormone therapy for the treatment of gender dysphoria for children. While our pediatric and adolescent medicine clinics do not provide these interventions, we do provide a safe and welcoming place for children to receive other forms of primary care and treatment, including treatment of illness and injuries, well-baby visits, and school physicals. We are conducting a thorough review of this situation. To the extent that care provided at our clinic may have been inconsistent with our organization’s position on this important issue, we intend to take appropriate action.

Somebody at Dell would have spilled the beans by now.  Shit, one of the "fired" doctors would have.  And people are claiming that some doctors resigned as some sort of protest, but that the clinic wasn't closed.

this is her:

I feel like it's probably people/bots trying to gin up outrage, which is unfortunate because there's plenty to be outraged about without pushing this kind of shit.

If you want to wade through shit, have at it.

https://twitter.com/search?q=dell children's&src=typed_query&f=live

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I feel like firing an entire big-ass department and a bunch of doctors/nurses would cause somebody to fucking drop a line to a reporter with actual confirmation.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's exactly my point.  I think there's basically no chance this story is true.  It doesn't change the disgusting nature of Paxton's "investigation".

The Statesman reporter hasn’t said anything since so I’m assuming it turned out to be bogus.  If it was true she would have had confirmation by joe and the Statesman would have blasted that story everywhere.  

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

My friends' epileptic daughter has received voluminous (including emergency) care at Dell Children's. 

Fuck the entire GOP.

I went in to DC's one time to visit one of my daughter's friends when they were teenagers.  I could not stop crying, so that was my only visit.

Part of me was crying because it hurt so much to see so many kids with serious issues.  

And part of me was crying at how incredibly hard everyone worked to make a terrible place as wonderful as possible for the kids.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I went in to DC's one time to visit one of my daughter's friends when they were teenagers.  I could not stop crying, so that was my only visit.

Part of me was crying because it hurt so much to see so many kids with serious issues.  

And part of me was crying at how incredibly hard everyone worked to make a terrible place as wonderful as possible for the kids.

The traumatic shit my friends' daughter has had to involuntarily battle thru from birth to 26 years- and develop a charismatic wit in the process- would make Paxton and all his MAGA alpha male warriors shit their pants like Ted Nugent weaseling out of his one real life opportunity to just go full Rambo.

Fuck these fucking fuckheads.

I expect an exodus of doctors regardless of the age of their patients. Mine is retiring at the young age of 55. Said fuck it, his husband retired from the state they have a second home in Santa Fe that is about to be their only home.  

GOP elected reps are soulless.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, troph said:

I expect an exodus of doctors regardless of the age of their patients. Mine is retiring at the young age of 55. Said fuck it, his husband retired from the state they have a second home in Santa Fe that is about to be their only home.  

GOP elected reps are soulless.

holy shit, i think we have the same doctor 😮😄

he saw my husband and i both, as long as he's been in Austin. how funny! 😀

husband saw him for the last time when we visited in March, heard about his plans. 

we shared a flight with them to Puerta Vallarta last year, purely by coincidence. their seats were right in front of ours... when he saw us he said 'oh dear there must be some mistake, this appears to be steeeeerage.' 😂 delivery was hysterical.

Edited by mchookem

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

husband saw him for the last time when we visited in March, heard about his plans. 

we shared a flight with them to Puerta Vallarta last year, purely by coincidence. their seats were right in front of ours... when he saw us he said 'oh dear there must be some mistake, this appears to be steeeeerage.' 😂 delivery was hysterical.

He recruited me to HRC when I first came out and I ended up on the speaking circuit and shared the stage with Meryl Streep, Katy Perry, Lena Dunham, Seth meyers,  Martha Plimpton (goonies never say die), and others. Meryl gave me several ovations in NYC at the Waldorf. I wouldn’t be me without him. He’s really special to us. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

Last name like the camera? 

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Holy shit you all use Dr. GoPro as well?

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Good friend is dealing with this fallout. I was hoping it was more rumors than true

They may need to explore moving.

Troph I may send you a pm. We actually have some mutual friends unrelated

Please do. 

So let me see if I have this straight. Fuckstick Paxton announces an investigation into Dell Children’s adolescent physician group due to gender-affirming treatment, which is only a fraction of what they do. In response, the physicians in this group quit en masse?

Fuck this timeline.