Long Live the King

InkaUtexas

8 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Is that what they’re calling it now?

That was Camilla’s pickup line too

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

Anglophile Mrs. Brat recorded it all and is now glued to the TV.

F6371567-7478-424D-998F-8A6BF903D956.jpeg

Souvenirs from Queen Elizabeth I’s coronation? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

image.gif.bd7a1f5b5a05527e5c98127b98b88716.gif

She wasn’t doing too well then - she was in a wheelchair as a result of a bad fall down some stairs in St. Paul’s 3 days before. 
Broke her wrist & nose, plus bruised both legs so she couldn’t walk. 
Thank goodness for Hydrocodone.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

She wasn’t doing too well then - she was in a wheelchair as a result of a bad fall down some stairs in St. Paul’s 3 days before. 

First meal out two days after her accident (at the Princess Victoria Pub in Shepherd’s Bush with our English friends):

A406BBBC-E787-417B-95EE-8D606F157BDA.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I hope you shared some with her

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing says inclusiveness like allowing subjects of all backgrounds to kneel to you. 

Most of what I know, I got from watching “The Crown”. 

the House of Windsor makes a lot more sense when you realize they are a corollary for the Clampetts. Hear me out-

They are both slightly inbred. 

They are both poorly educated, and those that have some education (Jethro, Charles) believe themselves to be smarter than they really are. 

Both are fabulously wealthy, and have no idea how or why. 

Both like to go hunting in the back yards. 

Both have firearms at the ready, all the time. 

Both enjoy opportunities to put on fancy colorful costumes. 

Granny and the Queen Mother are direct corollaries, especially with their love of corn squeezings. 

Elizabeth and Ellie Mae both love their critters. 

Miss Hathaway represents all the personal secretaries. Mr. Drysdale could be any of the Prime Ministers. 

852F4E3B-04E3-4270-9F69-26A4717A668F.jpeg

9FEF7547-5330-4217-88A0-41D621BB3D3A.jpeg

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

I have an ancestor who fought in the Revolutionary war and was captured at the fall of Fort Washington. He spent 18 months in a hulk, an old British warship, where they housed POWs in deplorable conditions. 70% of the prisoners died by the time he was released.    As soon as he was released, he enlisted in the Continental army again, as he wanted to kill as many British soldiers as was possible.

When a youth, later President Andrew Jackson’s  older brother Hugh died of heat stroke during the Battle of Stono Ferry—a battle against the British, near Charleston, SC, during the American Revolution in 1779. Andrew, then thirteen years old, joined the local militia as a patriot courier.

At fifteen years of age, Jackson and his other brother, Robert, were captured by the British in 1781. Jackson’s face and hand was slashed by a British officer’s sword when he refused to polish his boots while imprisoned, leaving lasting scars. While in confinement, the two brothers contracted smallpox, from which Robert would die just a few days after being released.

I’m glad we patched it up 100 years later, as once upon a time we really hated those guys.  

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 7

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I have an ancestor who fought in the Revolutionary war and was captured at the fall of Fort Washington. He spent 18 months in a hulk, an old British warship, where they housed POWs in deplorable conditions. 70% of the prisoners died by the time he was released.    As soon as he was released, he enlisted in the Continental army again, as he wanted to kill as many British soldiers as was possible.

When a youth, later President Andrew Jackson’s  older brother Hugh died of heat stroke during the Battle of Stono Ferry—a battle against the British, near Charleston, SC, during the American Revolution in 1779. Andrew, then thirteen years old, joined the local militia as a patriot courier.

At fifteen years of age, Jackson and his other brother, Robert, were captured by the British in 1781. Jackson’s face and hand was slashed by a British officer’s sword when he refused to polish his boots while imprisoned, leaving lasting scars. While in confinement, the two brothers contracted smallpox, from which Robert would die just a few days after being released.

I’m glad we patched it up 100 years later, as once upon a time we really hated those guys.  

As I posted in another thread, my Ggggrandfather volunteered for the North Carolina Militia in 1777 at age 14. 
He participated in the Battle of Camden SC in 1780 where the Brits routed the Continentals badly. 
Grandpa Jacob must’ve been a fast runner, as he was not captured when the American lines collapsed. 
He lived until 1848.

Edited by Armybrat
Too many g’s.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

As I posted in another thread, my Gggggrandfather volunteered for the North Carolina Militia in 1777 at age 14. 
He participated in the Battle of Camden SC in 1780 where the Brits routed the Continentals badly. 
Grandpa Jacob must’ve been a fast runner, as he was not captured when the American lines collapsed. 
He lived until 1848.

Did he get revenge at Cowpens?

So don't fucking watch it. 
This is history, no matter what your feelings are. 

Everything is history. The dump I took this morning is history. Probably not good history but history nonetheless.

I dunno maybe the cockroach species that inherits the earth from us will dig up my dump 2 million years from now analyze it and figure out “those dumb humans drank a bunch of tequila to celebrate all things Mexico on a day that isn’t that particularly significant in Mexican history”.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

“those dumb humans drank a bunch of tequila to celebrate all things Mexico on a day that isn’t that particularly significant in Mexican history”

Mexicans party waaaaay harder on the 4th than on Cinco de Mayo. (Mexican-Americans, at least)

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

oh I'm totally fine with the Brits

it's their monarchy i would dispose of

i think many of them would agree

12 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Forget the jewels….and all that. I will be content with just that coach. Not sure where I’d keep it though…

No true Longhorn fan is ever content with the coach. 

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The new patron saint of ho’s. She went from side piece / cum Dumpster to the fucking queen of England 

IMG_4137.jpeg

But it was a love story. Like Kid Rock and Lauren Boebert in a different dimension where they had more money and none of the laws applied to them.

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2023 at 10:33 AM, mdmost said:

Do you think Charles will ask Camilla if he can be her tamp later this evening?

that pussy is on a golden pedestal. She 1000% had a headache last night 

also, shame shame on king / prince numb-nuts for having all of prince Harry’s family on the balcony and involved with this whole dumb spectacle. I know it was Camilla making the call on this but damn man, quit being so pussy whipped