America has a Moscow Mitch problem

Hugo Stiglitz

23 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Party over country.

Also from the interview:

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Thursday that he won't commit to hearings for a potential Supreme Court nominee if he's the Senate Majority Leader leading up to the 2024 election.

Link to interview is at the bottom of the piece: https://www.axios.com/mcconnell-supreme-court-biden-gop-senate-8eeb99fa-bf73-42be-a649-a87f2737494b.html

The answer to the question is no. There isn’t anything his party could do that would prevent him from supporting the party. That included attempting to overthrow democracy 

• Rage+1 3

18 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The answer to the question is no. There isn’t anything his party could do that would prevent him from supporting the party. That included attempting to overthrow democracy 

Yep, he called it out for what it was in the moment, but within days he was already back to party before country.  He gives 1 fuck about this country.  That 1 fuck is reserved for making sure Republicans are in power.  That's his only fuck to give. Disgusting.

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yep, he called it out for what it was in the moment, but within days he was already back to party before country.  He gives 1 fuck about this country.  That 1 fuck is reserved for making sure Republicans are in power.  That's his only fuck to give. Disgusting.

That and personal enrichment. 

On 4/7/2022 at 5:54 PM, Michael Knight said:

I am struggling to come up with a more vile and loathsome toad in the history of the Republic, he's on the Mount Rushmore of American political evil

Aaron Burr, John C. Calhoun, Joe McCarthy, Clarence Thomas

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why not?  You’re paying into those programs with every paycheck. 

Because I don't believe they will actually be around when I'm old enough to be eligible.  Or at least not in their current form.  If I'm wrong, hey, bonus for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

wtf?

McConnell is down in Cincitucky today with Joe Biden, Mike DeWine, and Andy Beshear promoting the bipartisan Infrastructure Bill and the much-needed repair of a bridge between Ohio and Kentucky that’s happening because of it.

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

McConnell is down in Cincitucky today with Joe Biden, Mike DeWine, and Andy Beshear promoting the bipartisan Infrastructure Bill and the much-needed repair of a bridge between Ohio and Kentucky that’s happening because of it.

Didn’t Mitch defeat that same bridge funding under Obama? 

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

For all those who are wondering (me), this (Brent Spence Bridge) is not the bridge Secretariat jumped from in Bojack (George Rogers Clark Bridge).

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Didn’t Mitch defeat that same bridge funding under Obama? 

I don’t recall. But you know how Republicans are. They can vote against a spending bill then take credit for it if it passes. In this case McConnell supported it and GOP extremists in Congress are upset about it. Never mind that it’s good for the American people. It’s good for the Democrats and they’d rather screw the American people than see the Democrats have success at anything. Party over country. 

51 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

For all those who are wondering (me), this (Brent Spence Bridge) is not the bridge Secretariat jumped from in Bojack (George Rogers Clark Bridge).

It is also not the John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge, also over the Ohio at Cincinnati, which I think is a more beautiful structure.  Of course, I am a big Brooklyn Bridge fan, of the same design and designer, so that is natural.

Been over the Spence many times from the airport in Covington to downtown Cincy.

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

That story smells funny.  I would wager it was either a suicide or someone killed her.

Dude.

Talk about a missed opportunity to use ‘this smells fishy’.

Dad pun fail.

• Like 1

Wait a minute, It doesn't mention a car?    Maybe I've been on Twitter too much but something seems ... amiss.

Same guy tweeted this earlier. Sound like her car went into a body of water on this private property. Still strange story.