Allen Outlet Mall Massacre

18 hours ago, mdmost said:

Okay. And that's where this guy then moves on to knives or cars or bombs. He was going to kill someone. Yes, I want reasonable gun restrictions but there's also something deeper with the anger that's allowed to fester and is encouraged that we've got to fix. 

17 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Maybe, but not likely.  Guns, particularly high capacity, semi-auto rifles, are unique in how easy they make mass murder. As a practical matter, it's much harder to rack up a similar body count with a knife. People can run away and you're more likely to get stopped by someone physically resisting you. As a logistical matter, it's much harder to build a bomb without the feds catching you (and without accidentally blowing your own dumb ass up in the process).

This guy was overwhelmingly unlikely to do something like this with a knife or a bomb. One, he was a skinny little pussy who would've been much more likely to get his shit stomped in had he not had a gun. Two, he seems to have been pretty stupid so likely never would've figured out how to build a bomb or would've easily gotten himself caught by the feds Googling bomb making material. Yet, despite being discharged from the Army for being a loon, he had no problem buying multiple guns.

Everyone has got to ditch the "nothing can be done about this because evil people do evil" shit. It's just not fucking true.

So I've actually been in a situation where an unhinged loon came at a crowd with a knife, and I can assure you it is a complete red herring to remotely compare to a high powered rifle. About 4 of us tackled him and pinned him down, and the only one that got hurt was him because he grabbed the knife by the blade and severed three fingers. Lot of blood by the way.

If he came in with an AR I wouldn't be here to type this post for y'all.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

saw this on reddit. fucked up.

"A little additional context. 3 of the victims were a Korean-American Cho family. The father's jaw was blown off while holding his 3 year old son James who also died. The mother's face was not recognizable. The only survivor was a 5 year old William Cho who only celebrated his birthday two days prior."

• Rage+1 2

Right Wing Death Squads is reference to Pinochet’s Chile and it’s systemic round up, torture and killing of anyone opposed to his right wing military dictatorship. The death squads were trained by German Nazis at Colonia Dignida, a Nazi stronghold in Chile protected by Pinochet. The Germans at Colonia Dignida included former SS and Gestapo. It is thought that Dr. Joseph Mengele was at the camp as well. Colonia Dignida served as a secret torture site for Pinochet. 

Paul Schäfer, a former Nazi army corporal and founder of Colonia Dignida, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for sexually abusing 25 children. (Every accusation is a confessIon for right wing degenerates.)

Right wing death squads became a staple of right wing movements in central and South America. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I will at least say that I chuckled at a comment somewhere about Hispanic white supremacist assholes joining the “Que Que Que.”. Dark, gallows humor is what we have left.

Look, finding some kind of humor in this fucked up world is the only thing keeping most of us sane. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Why do people want so bad for this guy not to be a Nazi?

Well inside it hurts to know that the team you are on is the same team Grand Pappy, who you always held in such high regard as a true American hero, fought to destroy before they destroyed us. So you deflect and rationalize away.

Truth fucking hurts.

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, G650 said:

So I've actually been in a situation where an unhinged loon came at a crowd with a knife, and I can assure you it is a complete red herring to remotely compare to a high powered rifle. About 4 of us tackled him and pinned him down, and the only one that got hurt was him because he grabbed the knife by the blade and severed three fingers. Lot of blood by the way.

If he came in with an AR I wouldn't be here to type this post for y'all.

I feel like I need to clarify something for both sides here. I am not saying don't get rid of ARs. I've noticed people seem to be hung up on thinking I don't want gun restrictions, even some pos rep from people I know are gun nut douchebags on here who probably interpreted my sentence as acting like the gun isn't part of the issue. It is a huge issue. I'm not excusing the gun at all. There is no reason anyone needs it. 

Feels like some have completely ignored the latter part of what I said. I'm saying this guy was going to kill someone with something because he's been radicalized. So much so that he thinks of himself as a Nazi who will kill people of color, of which he was one. So yeah, ban AR-15s. I am totally down for that.

But we have to also get at why guys like this, and many others like him, are this angry and this prone to violence. Definitely take away as many tools as possible. But if we don't get at these root causes of how young men are turning more and more violent, the tools will just change. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Bombs are a really fantastic way to kill lots of people. I wonder, is the fact that it’s illegal to make or sell them and the fact that the feds monitor sales of their components a factor in the decided lack of a nationwide bombing epidemic? 

Guess we’ll never know. 

Two brothers in Boston killed 3 people with pipe bombs and pressure cookers. So take your funny line and shove it up your ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Why do people want so bad for this guy not to be a Nazi?

Well inside it hurts to know that the team you are on is the same team Grand Pappy, who you always held in such high regard as a true American hero, fought to destroy before they destroyed us. So you deflect and rationalize away.

Truth fucking hurts.

We are laughing at the absurdity of it all. I'm sure Hitler pictured the shooter when thought of pure blooded Aryans with blonde hair and blue eyes. 

This dude was so fucking stupid that he bought into whatever right wing media was selling him that he never bothered to look in the fucking mirror.

Just now, mdmost said:

I feel like I need to clarify something for both sides here. I am not saying don't get rid of ARs. I've noticed people seem to be hung up on thinking I don't want gun restrictions, even some pos rep from people I know are gun nut douchebags on here who probably interpreted my sentence as acting like the gun isn't part of the issue. It is a huge issue. I'm not excusing the gun at all. There is no reason anyone needs it. 

Feels like some have completely ignored the latter part of what I said. I'm saying this guy was going to kill someone with something because he's been radicalized. So much so that he thinks of himself as a Nazi who will kill people of color, of which he was one. So yeah, ban AR-15s. I am totally down for that.

But we have to also get at why guys like this, and many others like him, are this angry and this prone to violence. Definitely take away as many tools as possible. But if we don't get at these root causes of how young men are turning more and more violent, the tools will just change. 

I get what you are saying. I didn't reply to denigrate your post or your thoughts at all. But what I'm saying is that the gulf between those things is so wide that there is no comparison, and the bold above is not true. If he took a bowie knife he very well may not have killed anyone. I know because I've been through that exact situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Bombs are a really fantastic way to kill lots of people. I wonder, is the fact that it’s illegal to make or sell them and the fact that the feds monitor sales of their components a factor in the decided lack of a nationwide bombing epidemic? 

Guess we’ll never know. 

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Two brothers in Boston killed 3 people with pipe bombs and pressure cookers. So take your funny line and shove it up your ass. 

I mean, isn't that kind of the point? Two bombs went off next to the finish line of a marathon in one of our most populous cities, and only three people died. This latest shooter could have pulled up to any park, school, shopping center, or sports arena and day of the week and had the same or greater "success." I will take my chances with these introverted losers ending up on a watchlist for searching how to construct a bomb, or buying flagged materials. Or fucking up the electronics or the timing.

I get your overall point. Obviously, there's going to be evil, fucked up people in the world regardless of gun laws, and the root causes there shouldn't be ignored.* But they're generally not the kind of people with the intelligence, patience, and commitment to find other ways to kill scores of random people. They want something simple and effective.

*Though, honestly, I'm not sure how. The cat's out of the bag for the internet/social media/feed your extremism outlets. Our mental health apparatus sucks, but how do you help people who don't want it and have, thus far, committed no crimes worthy of mandatory assessments.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

We have a poster around here, whose iconoclastic username rhymes with backlemore, who resembles these and similar remarks.

If I remember correctly, he's Persian, which is Iranian, who are the original Aryans before Hitler, being an idiot, stole that term.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Nivek said:

dumbfucks, it is about the access to weapons of war, not preventing all instances of where someone can harm people.   When we make it easy to harm massive amounts of people, then guess what, it happens.  When we make it more difficult, it happens less often.   That is the fucking point. 

Of course you or I could make a bomb or chemical weapon out of regularly available supplies.   But I don't want to see that shit on the store shelves (homemade Napalm, Aisle 3, right next to homemade shrapnel explosives, but below the mustard gas.  If we did, we would see these things being used as well. 

The age should be 25.   And you should have to be willing to have your asshole, home, car, work inspected at any given time by law enforcement as well as giving away your privacy (being knowingly monitored on social media) as a consequence to owning one of these.   And pay a service fee annually of $1000 for each weapon you own.  If caught in violation, you get fined, lose the weapon, and face possible jail time.     That is well fucking regulated.  Sorry poors, you are just going to have to shoot people with pistols. 

rage rant off  

Throw in a national database, and anyone who is hurt with a weapon that was sold outside of the legal and mandatory sales process will be charged as an accessory to the crime, and now we're talking. So if your gun disappears and ends up murdering someone, guess what, you get charged with manslaughter. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

A good start might be by paying more than lip service to providing mental health care to the population.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I have and I've said they need to be banned, you drive-by fuckstick.

Look man…stop trying to play chess against checker playing fools. It’s the reason nothing ever will get done. I salute you for trying but anything less than rah rah rah in either direction is a fail. You either say everything exactly perfect or you get the broad stroke brush. Which I am cool with. I like knowing how many posters are just gerbils running on a wheel and who is actually thinking. Not too many of those I am afraid. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Throw in a national database, and anyone who is hurt with a weapon that was sold outside of the legal and mandatory sales process will be charged as an accessory to the crime, and now we're talking. So if your gun disappears and ends up murdering someone, guess what, you get charged with manslaughter. 

In this scenario, any exceptions for a stolen weapon that was reported stolen?  

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Look man…stop trying to play chess against checker playing fools. It’s the reason nothing ever will get done. I salute you for trying but anything less than rah rah rah in either direction is a fail. You either say everything exactly perfect or you get the broad stroke brush. Which I am cool with. I like knowing how many posters are just gerbils running on a wheel and who is actually thinking. Not too many of those I am afraid. 

24a1ef15-3daf-405d-9b54-341fda1ee67c_tex

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

In this scenario, any exceptions for a stolen weapon that was reported stolen?  

Yes, if you report it stolen, call the police, and there is evidence of theft, you're good, and the national database can be updated to show you're no longer the owner of that firearm, etc. I'd also allow room for charges in that instance in the case of negligence. "Well, I left it in my car in the gun rack and someone stole it!" Negligence? You get some kind of charge and fine. Also, you report 1 or more firearms stolen by some version of negligence, you don't get to buy any more guns. Because at some point, you have to assume they're too stupid to secure a firearm properly, or they think they're gaming the system by selling their guns on the black market at higher rates and reporting them stolen. 

But, your gun just ends up in the hands of someone else randomly and there's no paper/digital trail signaling that you are no longer the owner? You get charged. Too many DWI's, you get your license revoked. You fail to file paperwork on a car you sold? Guess what cops show up, ask questions and you probably have a few hundred dollars in toll fines. Same principle, but more serious for obvious reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes, if you report it stolen, call the police, and there is evidence of theft, you're good, and the national database can be updated to show you're no longer the owner of that firearm, etc. I'd also allow room for charges in that instance in the case of negligence. "Well, I left it in my car in the gun rack and someone stole it!" Negligence? You get some kind of charge and fine. Also, you report 1 or more firearms stolen by some version of negligence, you don't get to buy any more guns. Because at some point, you have to assume they're too stupid to secure a firearm properly, or they think they're gaming the system by selling their guns on the black market at higher rates and reporting them stolen. 

But, your gun just ends up in the hands of someone else randomly and there's no paper/digital trail signaling that you are no longer the owner? You get charged. Too many DWI's, you get your license revoked. You fail to file paperwork on a car you sold? Guess what cops show up, ask questions and you probably have a few hundred dollars in toll fines. Same principle, but more serious for obvious reasons. 

image.jpeg.447b4bc680fe8828fbe0551a2e1012af.jpeg

• Rage+1 3

They were cool with Hispanics in the sense of Spain, even Sephardic Jews on the Iberian Peninsula were largely ignored---they didn't view them the way they viewed the Ashkenazi.  And they reached out to Mexico for a partnership.  They didn't really care one way or the other about their ethnicity, just their proximity to the United States and an awful lotta places on their east coast on which to harbor ships.  The guiding principle of their Party was a Jew-Free Europe.  Second was their 'Master Race', but enthusiasm wained on those goals from establishment of the Reich in early 30's until the early 40's when the war got tough.  After that, it was still absolutely to cleanse the continent of Jews.  But shit got real murky after that.  They made alliances with Muslims in the Middle East for oil.  Reached out to Mexico and Central/South America.  And little known fact, the Nazis even tried to befriend a few countries in East Asia/Pacific Rim     They were overly-aggressive, genocidal assholes.  But they weren't stupid, they weren't literally trying to take over the world.  Just get rid of a few groups and take over a few dozen nations.  
The reason white supremacist Americans latch onto Nazism to this day is for the very simple reason---it's a well known ideology that's easy, with great costumes.  Like any regime of that duration and scope, there was much nuance and division within the party.  But in broad terms, it's easy because it allows a fascist-extremist to cast onto it that which they feel inside.  Christian Nationalism, Right-Wing Extremist, Anti-Semite, Anti-Immigrant, Anti-Minority, Anti-LGBTQ+, Anti-Black, whatever it is.  The easiest mass movement to latch your bullshit to is Nazism.  Even though Nazism didn't really give much of a fuck about some of those things/groups.  
tl;dr-Germans had experienced generations of ebbs and flows of greatness and irrelevance.  Like the far right today, their cause was to correct wrong, old beefs.  Unlike Germany though, American far-right ideology is extra cranky because it was never great to begin with.  Ronald Reagan would die 1000 times more if he knew this was happening in the name of his party today.

lol Ronald Reagan wouldn’t give two shits

There a reason he launched his presidential bid in Philadelphia, Mississippi, coined the racist “welfare queen” dog whistle and used Lee Atwater as his henchman.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

The age should be 25.   And you should have to be willing to have your asshole, home, car, work inspected at any given time by law enforcement as well as giving away your privacy (being knowingly monitored on social media) as a consequence to owning one of these.   And pay a service fee annually of $1000 for each weapon you own.  If caught in violation, you get fined, lose the weapon, and face possible jail time.     That is well fucking regulated.  Sorry poors, you are just going to have to shoot people with pistols. 

Why can’t we just say that a bunch of assholes ruined it for everyone that’s “responsible” and now no one can have them? 

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Why can’t we just say that a bunch of assholes ruined it for everyone that’s “responsible” and now no one can have them? 

I hate quoting myself but I can’t edit. For perspective- the US outlawed lawn darts and those things only killed like 3 kids. I honestly don’t understand why we can’t ban assault weapons (again)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

We are going to get to watch another Sandy Hook theory get going in real time. They’re all in with this on Musk Twitter. We really live in two different dimensions at this point. 

While I don't wish what the Sandy Hook families went through on anyone, If this goes that way, I hope Elon gets popped like Alex Jones did. Blue checks would get a lot more expensive.