Bob Huggins firing watch

next2naus

This is a pretty classic Bill Burr "What did you expect that dude to think?" situation. You don't hire Bob Huggins up coach your basketball team for his empathetic nature and progressive values.

Still can't just flat out say it out loud though.

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I bet he's not fired, but "retires"

Probably coaches out the year - Farewell tour. “Pre-planned” “retirement” announcement incoming. 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That would be absurd. He should be fired immediately.

That's kind of cute you think there's any kind of actual accountability in college sports. 

He's been at WV since 2007 and is the 8th winning NCAA basketball coach and #1 in current active coaches. 

1 minute ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

This was not just a slip of the tongue. He used the slur twice and also tried to make some ridiculous joke about homosexuals not having penises. He has to be gone.

I think the joke was that catholics are all gay and were mad that they didn't get to keep the dildos, you know, to put up their butts. Isn't that hilarious?

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I think the joke was that catholics are all gay and were mad that they didn't get to keep the dildos, you know, to put up their butts. Isn't that hilarious?

As far as I could tell the “joke” was that gay men don’t have penises because they’re not manly in his eyes 

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

Looks like Ole Miss is getting a new assistant basketball coach

Lol I made that same joke to my dad last night 

20 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

This was not just a slip of the tongue. He used the slur twice and also tried to make some ridiculous joke about homosexuals not having penises. He has to be gone.

Yeah it’s clearly a term he uses regularly given how comfortable he was saying it live on air 

52 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I don’t think it’s a huge deal.  Should be reprimanded and suspended without pay for 90 days. 

No, it's a huge deal. Think of it like this: if someone posted that shit here on surly, he would be suspended. If it's too offensive for surly, it's definitely too offensive for a public figure to say on a radio station. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

It’s a huge deal for Texas.  I’m not convinced it’s a huge deal for West Virginia.  We’ve already seen how Ole Miss and Alabama handle college basketball scandals vs. Texas, and West Virginia might be even further on the opposite end of that spectrum than the SEC schools.  

Good point. I'm not saying he will be fired, because I have no clue. He should be, but I don't know if he will be.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

It’s a huge deal for Texas.  I’m not convinced it’s a huge deal for West Virginia.  We’ve already seen how Ole Miss and Alabama handle college basketball scandals vs. Texas, and West Virginia might be even further on the opposite end of that spectrum than the SEC schools.  

WV don’t give a fuck + $$$

3 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

No, it's a huge deal. Think of it like this: if someone posted that shit here on surly, he would be suspended. If it's too offensive for surly, it's definitely too offensive for a public figure to say on a radio station. 

The people saying “it’s not a big deal” are the same people who would have excused him using the N word a decade or two ago. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, MotownHorn said:

The people saying “it’s not a big deal” are the same people who would have excused him using the N word a decade or two ago. 

I think it’s a big deal I just want him to have a 6 pack and start talking so we can get some good memes and gifs.

• Haha 1

I don’t think anyone would get suspended around here for that. Hell, including this thread, I’ve seen the Spicoli snippet at least three times this month

6 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

I don’t think anyone would get suspended around here for that. Hell, including this thread, I’ve seen the Spicoli snippet at least three times this month

well yeah but those guys that post that gif are fags..

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

If it was directed at a group or an individual, then the poster would definitely be suspended (assuming the hamsters spinning the wheel running this place are working).

Are you equating the two? Choking the shit out of a woman and being arrested with a mugshot versus anti-gay slurs?

in an ideal world, they would have the same punishment. But in reality, not a fucking chance. 

• Hook 'Em 2