Bob Huggins firing watch

next2naus

59 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

You owe me $350, but you can just make an equivalent contribution to the Wreath Fund in my name instead. 

I'll just give bout tree fiddy to a buddy of mine who goes to Oil Can Harry's so he can support gay business owners in your name and especially Huggy Bear's name.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m not sure why people expected him to be fired. He’s the most successful thing at that hillbilly trash school. Without him that state has nothing except those blue people. And they just paid for an elite transfer class and he is a HOFer

Let’s be honest—I’m not saying what he said was probably celebrated in that entire state but he was never in danger of losing his job. WVu doing what they are doing now is more about the looks of it, and that’s it. 

Even the national sports writers who were tweeting daily for Texas to fire Beard haven’t been giving near the vitriol towards Huggins about this.

• Hook 'Em 1

To begin, the Athletics Department will partner with WVU’s LGBTQ+ Center to develop annual training sessions that will address all aspects of inequality including homophobia, transphobia, sexism, ableism and more. This training and programming will be required of Coach Huggins and all current and future athletics coaching staff.

First night of WVU athletics coaching offsite

Soap Sock GIF - Soap Sock - Discover & Share GIFs

Next, according to the Williams Institute, West Virginia has the highest percentage of transgender youth in the nation. To address the concerns of our West Virginia youth, Coach Huggins will be required to meet with LGBTQ+ leaders from across West Virginia with guidance from the leadership of WVU’s LGBTQ+ Center. We want to partner with ACLU-WV, Fairness WV, Morgantown Pride and other organizations to elevate the conversation regarding the issues that affect our state. Through those conversations, we expect Coach Huggins, in accordance with these partners, to engage in additional opportunities to show support for the LGBTQ+ community.

Looks like we have the makings of a PPV franchise... "Awkward as fuck time spent with coach Huggins". 

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Huggins will probably just quit.

Nah, he wouldn't have put out that mealy mouthed bullshit if he was gonna quit.  He isn't going from 1.5M to 500k.  If he gets to the elite 8 or better he'll get a 1M bonus and a free pass coupon to drop the N word on his coaches show.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Math is hard.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If he gets to the elite 8 or better he'll get a 1M bonus and a free pass coupon to drop the N word on his coaches show.

Someone has been studying up on their SEC coaches' contract incentive packages, I see.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA again. Yeah, a 70 year old from West Virginia is gonna change his view by "sensitivity training" and meeting a gay student or two. FFS, just put his ass to pasture already. He's already in the Naismith Hall of Fame and can't even sit in a fucking chair. Just go enjoy your retirement and bitch about teh gheys with whatever time you got left you ancient fuck. BTW, this is almost exactly what happened to Gundy for a far far far less serious snafu which was way more tone deaf than hateful. This mother fucker used a slur, twice, on the radio, like it was totally normal.

Edited by 'stache

18 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

I think WVU is a terrible institution and have no love lost for it, but I will say...

Huggy's apology was an actual apology with none of the BS excuses that usually occur in "apologies" (see Beard, Chris). I'll give him credit for that.

Not really, especially since there's no way he came up with this statement. It was clearly written by a pr professional, and he surely knew at the time that the "consequences" would be, as it turned out, basically nothing. You don't use language like that on the radio like it's normal and minutes later feel "ashamed and embarrassed." He was told to let the pr department come up with a statement and we'll "punish" you tomorrow, wink, wink. 

“As I have shared with my players over my 40 years of coaching, there are consequences for our words and actions, and I will fully accept any coming my way. I am ashamed and embarrassed and heartbroken for those I have hurt. I must do better, and I will.”

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, 'stache said:

Not really, especially since there's no way he came up with this statement. It was clearly written by a pr professional, and he surely knew at the time that the "consequences" would be, as it turned out, basically nothing. You don't use language like that on the radio like it's normal and minutes later feel "ashamed and embarrassed." He was told to let the pr department come up with a statement and we'll "punish" you tomorrow, wink, wink. 

“As I have shared with my players over my 40 years of coaching, there are consequences for our words and actions, and I will fully accept any coming my way. I am ashamed and embarrassed and heartbroken for those I have hurt. I must do better, and I will.”

Thats fair

On 5/10/2023 at 8:13 PM, MotownHorn said:

I think WVU is a terrible institution and have no love lost for it, but I will say...

Huggy's apology was an actual apology with none of the BS excuses that usually occur in "apologies" (see Beard, Chris). I'll give him credit for that.

.. yeah, like Ja Morant wrote his own apology too.

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2023 at 2:22 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Huggins will probably just quit.

it's a real question what his tolerance level will be for sitting through sensitivity training yearly. my guess is that they dial it back when nobody is paying attention anymore...

52 minutes ago, naija said:

it's a real question what his tolerance level will be for sitting through sensitivity training yearly. my guess is that they dial it back when nobody is paying attention anymore...

If it’s anything like Oklahoma the state legislature will probably just make “sensitivity” training illegal for public employees like “diversity” training. Either way, he won’t be sitting through any such nonsense. If they want a paper trail maybe they’ll send him a zoom link and mark him as in attendance.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...