Expedited Passport in Dallas

I just did this.

1 book a refundable international flight in 14 days
2 follow the instructions here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies/dallas.html
Can usually get the passport the same day you go to your appointment
4 cancel refundable flight, and feel better knowing you didn't wait til the last possible second to get a passport

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Cleo McDowell said:

I just did this.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies/dallas.html
4 cancel refundable flight, and feel better knowing you didn't wait til the last possible second to get a passport

yup.  to save money in case of irregularities with the booking, i suggest booking the flight to Wichita Falls.

I just did this.

How did you schedule the in person appointment? The Passport hotline at midnight or whenever you were within the 14 days or travel? I have to do this in June for a cruise

On 5/10/2023 at 2:30 PM, mackavelli said:

How did you schedule the in person appointment? The Passport hotline at midnight or whenever you were within the 14 days or travel? I have to do this in June for a cruise

you need to call the phone line - which is perpetually busy.  the phoneline does not validate or ratify your travel, they just merely ask some prelim questions. 

at the actual appointment is where you submit documents of travel.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 8:20 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Is there a Surly approved go-to company for this? My little brother is getting married at the end of the month and still doesn't have a passport, so him and his new bride will be celebrating in Wichita Falls unless this shit gets fixed pronto.

Your brother doesn't ever visit you in Mexico? I'd be taking advantage of that shit if I were in his shoes.

We just renewed my daughters passport, but even with expedited service we’re looking at 7-9 weeks which puts us pretty close to our intended travel date.

Is it possible to use one of these services if you’ve already renewed? Also, does anyone have someone they’ve used in the Austin area? 

On 5/14/2023 at 4:26 PM, royiv said:

Your brother doesn't ever visit you in Mexico? I'd be taking advantage of that shit if I were in his shoes.

We've invited him and several other family members to come over the last 3 years when we were in Cozumel, La Paz and now Puebla. All lame excuse replies.

Pretty much everyone in my family is lame as fuck, aside from my brother in law. He's the only one that makes an effort; he set up a diving trip with his dad to come dive with us 2 years ago, but managed to pick a week I had to be in Austin.

The rest? "Oh, I heard some news about all the cartels killing all the tourists down there, doesn't sound like a good time to visit"

Me "Really? If you "heard" some news that muslim terrorists were shooting everyone everywhere in the US, would you barricade yourself in the house?"

For fucks sake.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know anyway to expedite a passport?  We are  supossed to leave on Friday to Spain and my 48 year old sister has not gotten her passport back.  They received it on March 24th, 15 weeks ago.   She paid the extra money to expedite it last week but still no change in status.  Anyone know how to get this passport to her by Thursday?  Any advice is appreciated. 

On 7/11/2023 at 3:31 AM, CoachTex said:

Does anyone know anyway to expedite a passport?  We are  supossed to leave on Friday to Spain and my 48 year old sister has not gotten her passport back.  They received it on March 24th, 15 weeks ago.   She paid the extra money to expedite it last week but still no change in status.  Anyone know how to get this passport to her by Thursday?  Any advice is appreciated. 

Call your congressman or senator's office.  They can often gets things resolved in a hurry.

59 minutes ago, Bevo in VA said:

Call your congressman or senator's office.  They can often gets things resolved in a hurry.

Yes, we pulled out all the stops with politicians and my sister will be picking up her passport tomorrow in Dallas.

• Hook 'Em 1