Led Zeppelin

Deej

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, DougO said:

He should try Gorky Park. He's got that whistle thing down.

Man, "In the Light" by Zeppelin is such a rip off of "Winds of Change" by the Scorpions.  Such a sham!

• 1 month later...

https://variety.com/2021/film/global/led-zeppelin-documentary-bernard-macmahon-1235032389/

“American Epic” director Bernard MacMahon has revealed the title of his long-awaited and recently completed Led Zeppelin feature documentary: “Becoming Led Zeppelin.”

The project, which was first announced in 2019, has unprecedented access to the band, marking the first and only time the group has participated in a documentary in 50 years. Though 1976 doc “The Song Remains the Same” centred on the band, that was largely a concert film of a series of Madison Square Garden performances in 1973.

“’Becoming Led Zeppelin’ is a film that no one thought could be made,” said MacMahon. “The band’s meteoric rise to stardom was swift and virtually undocumented. Through an intense search across the globe and years of restoration of the visual and audio archive found, this story is finally able to be told.”

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 11:45 PM, BoomMF said:

.9e8277bf46dba86cebac56e05beccd15.gif

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Dude, are you saying I’m wrong?   Listen to In the Light and tell me they didn’t directly rip that off from the scorpions.  I mean I played a lot of zeppelin on my old radio show in the early 90’s. But they’re no match for the Scorpions 

https://variety.com/2021/film/global/led-zeppelin-documentary-bernard-macmahon-1235032389/
“American Epic” director Bernard MacMahon has revealed the title of his long-awaited and recently completed Led Zeppelin feature documentary: “Becoming Led Zeppelin.”
The project, which was first announced in 2019, has unprecedented access to the band, marking the first and only time the group has participated in a documentary in 50 years. Though 1976 doc “The Song Remains the Same” centred on the band, that was largely a concert film of a series of Madison Square Garden performances in 1973.
“’Becoming Led Zeppelin’ is a film that no one thought could be made,” said MacMahon. “The band’s meteoric rise to stardom was swift and virtually undocumented. Through an intense search across the globe and years of restoration of the visual and audio archive found, this story is finally able to be told.”

Bitchin. In.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 11:51 PM, Lobo said:

Man, "In the Light" by Zeppelin is such a rip off of "Winds of Change" by the Scorpions.  Such a sham!

How could that be when the Zep song was written and released 15 years before? Or did I miss the scarcasm font?

Edited by Nole-4-Life

Yeah, was riffing sarcastic on something DougO had posted above me.  Despite my excruciatingly annoying pedagogical knowledge of classic rock having hosted a classic rock show and served on the board of an elite music school where I proposed a "History of Classic Rock" course...three people completely missed the fucking joke.  But you picked up on it, so pos rep.  

Back to whores, drugs, and rock.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, was riffing sarcastic on something DougO had posted above me.  Despite my excruciatingly annoying pedagogical knowledge of classic rock having hosted a classic rock show and served on the board of an elite music school where I proposed a "History of Classic Rock" course...three people completely missed the fucking joke.  But you picked up on it, so pos rep.  

It might be a double rip since the beginning whistling instantly reminds me of patience by gnr. Same feel to the song, too. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I'll have you know I got an A+ in History of Rock Music at The University of Texas.  

And also that I got the joke.

Really I just wanted to brag about my A+ in History of Rock, though.  

So thanks for that.

• Like 1

I'll have you know I got an A+ in History of Rock Music at The University of Texas.  
And also that I got the joke.
Really I just wanted to brag about my A+ in History of Rock, though.  
So thanks for that.

I tried to take that class. My dad was like fuck you if you think I’m paying for college for that bullshit.

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

Thanks and nice humblebrag.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, Goredho said:

Teaser clip released.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

So wait, when/where is this deal being released ?  

Last I read no release date.  Here’s more about the doc.  If perfectionist Page is excited about it, it’s going to be good.

“When we first met we were probably a little nervous of each other. But the conduit was the storyboard,” Page said. “And I thought they’ve really got it, they really understand what it was about.”

He said he had received plenty of proposals over the years to tell Led Zeppelin’s story, but “they were pretty miserable. Miserable and also to the point where they would want to be concentrating on anything but the music.”

“This one, it’s everything about the music, and what made the music tick,” he said. “It’s not just a sample of it with a talking head. This is something in a totally different genre.”

https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-music-arts-and-entertainment-jimmy-page-e06787a574b6f62a73b9860f1ce2a750

Edited by Goredho

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/28/2018 at 2:20 PM, Lobo said:

that's the book that Led zeppelin fucking hated, way more than all the others.  Saying it was all Cole-inflated bullshit.  

Richard Cole passed away this week. Plant posted something along the lines of "No more tall tales." Kinda dickish.