Hurley back
Sthele back
Morehouse maybe back
LBJ arriving
Gordon getting his bad game out of the way

Texas will probably go to LSU regional.

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Do we think Pierce stuck with Thomas because he felt there were no other options or saw enough to say it’s just a matter of time?

He was a goofy motherfucker on first in the beginning but I think Pierce saw something. He also saw a bunch of lefties out the gate which wasn’t the best situation for freshman to be in. 

He was a goofy motherfucker on first in the beginning but I think Pierce saw something. He also saw a bunch of lefties out the gate which wasn’t the best situation for freshman to be in. 

All true.

He probably benefited from Flores being so poor too. Had Flores come out strong, Powell probably gets first and never looks back and Flores sticks at 3rd.

Really the other option was Carlson to 3rd and Powell to 1st. Pierce went with Thomas over this one obviously.

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

All true.

He probably benefited from Flores being so poor too. Had Flores come out strong, Powell probably gets first and never looks back and Flores sticks at 3rd.

Really the other option was Carlson to 3rd and Powell to 1st. Pierce went with Thomas over this one obviously.

The Flores option of him being good out the gate makes sense until Pierce moves him over to short, Thomas back to first and Powell/Carlson to third/DH. 

I’ve thought for most of the year that maybe Thomas’ future home next year would be in the OF, but he’s improved a lot at 1B. Maybe if Powell returns and we get someone like Casey Borba on campus from this class to play 3B, we consider doing it. Would be a nice problem to have.

The Flores option of him being good out the gate makes sense until Pierce moves him over to short, Thomas back to first and Powell/Carlson to third/DH. 

They all sort of impact each other. Thomas only is where he is because he was allowed to play through the struggles. A huge part of that was Flores hitting .100 and getting himself benched.

Flores has done almost nothing to warrant more play time. I’m fine with him getting it in games like tonight.

28 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

They all sort of impact each other. Thomas only is where he is because he was allowed to play through the struggles. A huge part of that was Flores hitting .100 and getting himself benched.

Flores has done almost nothing to warrant more play time. I’m fine with him getting it in games like tonight.

Oh yeah I agree about there being limited justification for Flores in terms of playing time. I just think that if Flores did well early it would have impacted Daly more than Thomas.