UTA @ Texas

zlavydra

46 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

BA just put one out this morning. 2 seed at #6 Duke

Duke, DBU, Boston College, Indiana State or anywhere on the west coast would be a great draw. Basically just avoid any SEC team.

DBU has a big series with UTSA this weekend that will likely determine if they stay in the hosting convo.

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I'm confused on how they move teams around in these projections. Last week they had us as the #2 seed in a regional with the 15th overall seed, we go 3-1 while improving our RPI a few spots and somehow we get moved to way more difficult regional.

Clickbait....pretty much it. Creates conversation and subscriptions.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I am confused how we arent in the conversation for hosting. We actually play real teams in the out of conference schedule. 

we had a real simple way to avoid being in this situation.

and that was to not get swept at home, by the fucking sooners, for the first time in 25 fucking years. 

• Rage+1 1

we had a real simple way to avoid being in this situation.
and that was to not get swept at home, by the fucking sooners, for the first time in 25 fucking years. 

Let’s get a bit literal here.

Sweeping KU. Or BU. Or KSU. TCU even. Or winning 2-3 versus OSU.

Puts us in the same spot as going 1-2, which means not getting swept, versus OU.

And the games against BU, KSU, and OSU we considerably more winnable.

But an emotional fan response is understandable.

And most of the give a damns about finishing 2-3-4 in conference will be forgotten if a CWS berth is achieved.

3 hours ago, Had Enough said:

And most of the give a damns about finishing 2-3-4 in conference will be forgotten if a CWS berth is achieved.

Hosting a regional is a big step toward that goal, and right now, what this team needs to accomplish to host is pretty much the same thing we would need to accomplish to win the conference regular season.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think our odds would be better of reaching Omaha if we avoid the highest seeds in the super regional even if that means hitting the road for the regional.

I’d rather be paired with the 6-8 super regional as a traveling 2 seed than host the regional and matchup 1-3 in the super.

If we win the conference, I’d be surprise with better than the #12 overall. The chances of a 12-16 seed are pretty good at that point.

We will see before too long.