Trump Town Hall thread, all snowflakes welcome

jimmyjazz

When one considers how politically and socially unstable much of the world seems to be, it’s difficult to identify the kind of leader who possesses the right mix of skills need to shepherd us through uncharted waters. We have national office holders flirting with fascism and too ignorant to understand the inherent danger of doing so. Some of these same people take umbrage at the country being defined by the democratic principles upon which it was founded, while millions of voters willfully choose to believe a lie over the truth. The only thing harder than leading a well informed electorate is leading those who have been convinced they are well informed when they are anything but. 
While this is not intended to be a ringing endorsement of 80 year old presidents, I’m not convinced that there are a whole lot of ready now people who would better equipped for such a time as this. There is a lot of talent on the bench but much of it is raw and untested. The job of world leader is in many ways overwhelming for even those who understand and can navigate the political process in its entirety. We’ve lived through the calamitous result of being overseen by one for whom the job was much too big.

Well said, I only disagree in that I think there are many capable “ready now” leaders out there, they just happen to run businesses or are in otherwise non-political roles.
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

He’s 80. If he had any ability to help us reform education, reduce the divisiveness in our society, improve our fiscal/monetary system, more responsibly manage government spending, etc…we’d have seen it by now.

Not knowing how to do something = incompetent.

He's incompetent because he hasn't been able to perform miracles. Got it. Just say that next time.

• Hook 'Em 4

Dude, there is not a politician on the planet that can get the current fascist GOP to compromise in any sort of meaningful way.

The only way to compromise with them is to outsmart them…so for our sake I hope to hell you are wrong.
  • Fuck You 3

6 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

He’s 80. If he had any ability to help us reform education, reduce the divisiveness in our society, improve our fiscal/monetary system, more responsibly manage government spending, etc…we’d have seen it by now.

Have we ever had a president who reduced the divisiveness in our society?

He's incompetent because he hasn't been able to perform miracles. Got it. Just say that next time.

Thinking he has to perform miracles is a cop out. He’s not even trying to address these things.

But, I’m sure simply “trying” something better is also an absurd notion.
  • Fuck You 2

18 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

LMAO.  Donald Trump had 4 years to solve these problems you seem to think are paramount -- how did he do?  Show your work.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Well said, I only disagree in that I think there are many capable “ready now” leaders out there, they just happen to run businesses or are in otherwise non-political roles.

I've skipped the back and forth with you over the last few pages with a few exceptions. No offense, I'm just too lazy to read it all. 

I don't think we have the best possible choices for highest office thus it's foolish to use too high of a standard. We've witnessed one president with no standards of his own. We now have a president who meets general standards because he himself maintains standards that are admirable.

I take issue with this notion that captains of business are somehow extraordinary leaders who could apply their abilities admirably to leading the country. The world of executives is a closed club for the priveleged white men who have access to the right sounding education and then connections. Even the heroes of business usually come out looking like shit in the long run. Their focus is not the common good particularly when the common good threatens profits.

Within politics we have many able leaders. Jay Inslee appeared to me for the first time in the Dem debates. He's clearly a fantastic government leader. That's not enough with our fucked up electorate. I was a Warren backer with no regrets. Woman. Not a powerful (actual) voice. Buttigieg and Booker were also impressive to me. A woman, a gay man, a black man. Ain't happening.

The electorate, that ocean of idiots not paying attention, have a model in mind. Reagan had no business running a shoe store let alone the most powerful nation in the world, but man did he fit the model.

I'm more likely to find a solid leader by throwing a rock in the House of Reps than in selecting from successful businessmen. However, successful businessmen are usually white guys, well-groomed and -spoken, and already set up with the facade of a life to be admired.

We're fucked in so many ways. Our addiction to white men taking the lead is the most fucked up thing we have going as we plunge toward another Trump candidacy. Yep, I'll take Biden no problem if that's the choice. The world isn't yet ready for Warren, Buttigieg, or Booker or many others. 

It's the fucking electorate. 

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

LMAO.  Donald Trump had 4 years to solve these problems you seem to think are paramount -- how did he do?  Show your work.

Fucking awful!! Goes back to my point, things have gotten so toxic we’re down to career politicians and blowhards like Trump who enjoy slinging shit and feeding off the worst in people.
  • Fuck You 3

Really? Will you list a couple of the most notable ones? 

Are you that ignorant on the matter?

Lincoln, Washington, FDR, Jefferson, Wilson. It’s easy to go on.

Some had success for various periods over their terms, others managed to enact change with meaningful long term benefits to the country and the people.
  • Fuck You 2

5 hours ago, HalfSack Horn said:

I’ll give her credit.  She’s not backing down.  Trump is just a fucking dickhead human who talks down everyone.  

At any point regarding election fraud, she could have stated that court would've been the place to prove it, and he went 0-62 when evidence was required.  It's not complicated.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Fucking awful!! Goes back to my point, things have gotten so toxic we’re down to career politicians and blowhards like Trump who enjoy slinging shit and feeding off the worst in people.

We've been down to career politicians and blowhards for decades.  Trump and Biden are not equal.  If you think they are, you are stupid, evil, or both.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Some had success for various periods over their terms, others managed to enact change with meaningful long term benefits to the country and the people.

The question was about lessening divisiveness and the first person you listed was assassinated during the civil war… are you that ignorant on the matter?

Wilson was a segregationist lol. FDR put Asian Americans in camps.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

This f'n shitstain has lied his ass off since the 2016 primaries. Its what he does. Its as instinctual to him as breathing is to most people. Other than the @Frank Drebin's of the world getting in a furious Thursday evening fap session, what the fuck is the point of putting him on during primetime and letting him perpetuate this horseshit.

If Trump is the GQP nominee, there's really no point in any pre-election debates, etc.... The election will be a referendum on Trump and we have a pretty good idea how that will go. Dems win, GQP screams about election fraud, and we're right back to Jan 6th. Pointless.

What gets me about all this is his ability to get free publicity--always campaigning at no charge.  Others have to pay for their ads, and he just says stupid shit repeatedly that get's him invited back to expound on.  It's insane. He's a political Charles Manson.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The question was about lessening divisiveness and the first person you listed was assassinated during the civil war… are you that ignorant on the matter?
Wilson was a segregationist lol. FDR put Asian Americans in camps.

If you think Lincoln being assassinated was symbolic of a nation’s broad opinion on him, well, I can’t help you.

Hell, Garfield won an election and a mentally ill man shot him four months in, does that mean he was divisive too?

Many of our past presidents made flawed decisions, but they and the country were products of their time. Look at how Biden himself has changed in a number of key social areas.

We’ve obviously evolved, thankfully.
  • Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

If you think Lincoln being assassinated was symbolic of a nation’s broad opinion on him, well, I can’t help you.

Hell, Garfield won an election and a mentally ill man shot him four months in, does that mean he was divisive too?

Many of our past presidents made flawed decisions, but they and the country were products of their time. Look at how Biden himself has changed in a number of key social areas.

We’ve obviously evolved, thankfully.

Edit: This post is just too stupid to bother.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

So the new board and CEO also wanted Anderson Cooper and Jake Tapper to ping pong back and forth for hours after this thing, consistently and constantly slamming Trump with a dozen co-conspirators?

I can see you are not familiar with their backgrounds, or public statements.

Warner Brothers and Discovery merged, Discovery management is now in charge of the overall company. New board guy (Malone, who controlled Discovery prior to the merger) has praised Fox, said Fox News is necessary for the country and stated that he wants CNN to be more like Fox News. He has publicly claimed he thinks Brett Baier is "reliably centrist". That's the same Brett Baier who was recently caught admitting to Tucker Carlson that he (Baier) was pressuring Fox to slow, or stop, Fox's accurate reporting on the election results. When Malone says CNN should be "centrist", he means Brett Baier.

The new WBD CEO has worked for Malone since 2006, dumbing down and ruining the Discovery channel and TLC into the reality show hellscapes they have become. 

CNN is in flux. It has a new owner, and a new boss, who promises to remake the news channel and has told employees to be prepared for “a time of change.”...

“Fox News, in my opinion, has followed an interesting trajectory of trying to have ‘news’ news, I mean some actual journalism, embedded in a program schedule of all opinions.”...

While Malone has previously talked about his affection for Fox News — the US “needs Fox News or something like it. Because otherwise, everything’s leftist."...

Malone doubled down on that argument in another Times story a few days later, complaining that CNN had melded opinion and news, and holding up “Fox News host Bret Baier … [as] a reliably centrist newscaster.”

https://www.vox.com/2022/8/26/23322761/cnn-john-malone-david-zaslav-chris-licht-brian-stelter-fox-peter-kafka-colum

Bret Baier text to Tucker Carlson "I have pressed them to slow. And I think they will slow walk Nevada.”

Days later, the network was, in fact, last to call the presidency for Biden.

Malone also compares himself with Murdoch favorably, though he says Murdoch differs from him by favoring a "strong military", implying that Malone is a libertarian who does not believe in a "strong military". 

Malone has also said he admires Rupert Murdoch as a business frenemy and shares a political viewpoint with the Fox News owner. "Rupert is sort of like I am. He’s a libertarian, but he thinks we should have a strong military"

More reporting from last September on it. 

Major changes at CNN in recent weeks have sparked chatter in media and political circles that the network’s new corporate ownership is pulling it to the political right.   

CNN strongly denies such a change is taking place, saying it is entirely focused on objective journalism.  

But recent high profile on-air departures, coupled with what’s seen by some as a shift in tone in the network’s political coverage, are drawing intense scrutiny.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3634717-changes-spark-chatter-of-cnn-is-shift-from-left-to-right/

It's obvious this townhall was always intended to be a right wing/Trump puff piece, look at the audience they selected. CNN is attempting to cater to Trump, since he is currently pissed at Fox.

CNN is going to continue to tilt farther and farther right. Tapper and Cooper will get on board, or they'll be replaced. 

Edited by Pods
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

I've skipped the back and forth with you over the last few pages with a few exceptions. No offense, I'm just too lazy to read it all. 
I don't think we have the best possible choices for highest office thus it's foolish to use too high of a standard. We've witnessed one president with no standards of his own. We now have a president who meets general standards because he himself maintains standards that are admirable.
I take issue with this notion that captains of business are somehow extraordinary leaders who could apply their abilities admirably to leading the country. The world of executives is a closed club for the priveleged white men who have access to the right sounding education and then connections. Even the heroes of business usually come out looking like shit in the long run. Their focus is not the common good particularly when the common good threatens profits.
Within politics we have many able leaders. Jay Inslee appeared to me for the first time in the Dem debates. He's clearly a fantastic government leader. That's not enough with our fucked up electorate. I was a Warren backer with no regrets. Woman. Not a powerful (actual) voice. Buttigieg and Booker were also impressive to me. A woman, a gay man, a black man. Ain't happening.
The electorate, that ocean of idiots not paying attention, have a model in mind. Reagan had no business running a shoe store let alone the most powerful nation in the world, but man did he fit the model.
I'm more likely to find a solid leader by throwing a rock in the House of Reps than in selecting from successful businessmen. However, successful businessmen are usually white guys, well-groom and -spoken, and already set up with the facade of a life to be admired.
We're fucked in so many ways. Our addiction to white men taking the lead is the most fucked up thing we have going as we plunge toward another Trump candidacy. Yep, I'll take Biden no problem if that's the choice. The world isn't yet ready for Warren, Buttigieg, or Booker or many others. 
It's the fucking electorate. 

Well said.

While possible I’m not suggesting the best fix for now is to pluck a man or woman running a large business and put them in the Oval Office, I was simply saying our brightest minds are not turning to public service at the rates we need. We definitely have a pool of talent in our existing political circles, but I also think we have a much larger pool of talent outside those circles, as well. The world is rapidly changing and we need more effective problem solvers in positions of leadership.

As you say, the mob will try to hold us back.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, she's doing fine.  Whether CNN should've given this lying fucking con man the forum is another question, but I think in fairness, they're getting his insane lying bullshit in front of a certain amount of independents tonight.   And if they're as apalled as they should be, this is hurting him, not helping him.

4 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:
That being said, no one has figured out how to not get run over by this fuckface yet. She’s had a pretty tremendous grasp of the facts. She just can’t get a word in edgewise, and she’s giving him courtesies to answer he has never given her in return. I feel bad for her, she’s got a lot of facts and great responses. But he never stops talking, he lies 100%, and the crowd cheers raucously. It’s a bad formula, and he’s going to get a big bump from independents from this, just watch. 

How the fuck do independents support this piece of shit? Are these independent voters just complete morons?

I have a difficult time understanding what more Independents need to see at this point.  Unless Trump comes to the town hall dragging a dead body, I don't see how they haven't seen his trail of slime from several years ago and thought, this is a mistake.  The only thing I can understand is that people have invested money into outcomes he's creating so that they personally benefit.  Are they Independents--sure, some are.  But I can't see who else would still be riding the fence. 

Edit: This post is just too stupid to bother.

You seem to have difficulty grasping the macro element of things.

No person is going to garner 100% support. Every president will have enemies, and people that vehemently disagree with anything and everything they do.

Our country and its leaders are fraught with issues but if you think Lincoln, for example, divided more people than he brought together, and the country was worse off when he died than before he took office, then I would say you are wrong.
  • Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

You seem to have difficulty grasping the macro element of things.

No person is going to garner 100% support. Every president will have enemies, and people that vehemently disagree with anything and everything they do.

Our country and its leaders are fraught with issues but if you think Lincoln, for example, divided more people than he brought together, and the country was worse off when he died than before he took office, then I would say you are wrong.

You seem to have difficulty grasping the discussion you started.

The discussion has nothing to do with whether or not the country was better or worse off. The question was about divisiveness and whether any president has reduced it in this country. 

Lincoln is probably our most divisive president ever. He’s also our greatest.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, McCroskey said:

1. build back better and American rescue plan provides tons of money for education. 

2. Helping everyone with infrastructure and rescue reduces divisiveness 

3. He reduced the deficit and inflation is coming down 

4. Lol

• Hook 'Em 2

Having slept on it, I can say now with sunrise-level clarity.  This was one of the dumbest fucking moments in U.S. history, and we've had some doozies.  Thankfully most of the country didn't see it.  The audience was a perfect reflection of his base, they ate up the absolute shit sandwich he told them was gourmet.  The rest of us heard him lie and incriminate himself over and over again. 

And then there's fucking Kaitlin Collins.  You fucking Roll Tide shitheap of a journalist.  I don't know if your CNN bosses made you do this.  i don't know if you volunteered.  I don't know if you lost a bet in the break room.  But holy fucking shit.  Yeah, you pushed back a couple of times over the course of an hour, but you are beyond spineless.  That piece of human garbage walked all over you and you fucking smiled.  Fuck you.  An intellectual toddler made you look as feckless and incompetent as a broken stapler.  I remember when they told you on air that you were being promoted to White House Correspondent because you had handled yourself so well with presidents Biden & Trump.  So there you are on stage with what appeared to be relative carte blanche.  And you couldn't have fucked it up more.  You are incompetent, incapable, and complicit.  Did Russia get to you or something you fucking shitheel?  You were effectively a moderator at a Trump rally setting up jokes so he could deliver the punchline for laughs.  That you didn't catch on until the 12th joke makes you the fucking clown.  Maybe his campaign sent you a proof of life photo of a loved one right before hand, in which case---cool, cool---you maintained very nicely on stage.  The only bummer is by the next White House Correspondent's dinner in 11 months, everybody will have forgotten about this.  But I hope you get the shit roasted out of you.  And for those of you wondering if I would say the same thing about a male host on CNN, I would and I'd mail the guy a dickpunch.  

They're gonna make a documentary about last night one day.  Why in the ever living fuck CNN did that is beyond me.  And to the above points, the primary season is already over.  If you can joke about losing a rape trial, cops, and insurrections; and get that much applause, you've got it in the bag.  I would highly suggest the Democratic party get its shit together and get ready for the general.  Things are going to get a little stranger.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Lincoln is probably our most divisive president ever. He’s also our greatest.

He managed to garner a 2/3 majority on a constitutional amendment when doing so seemed impossible.

You can think he was the most divisive, but I disagree.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, McCroskey said:

MANY of them have done a great job of managing it and/or making it better.

How did they deal with a disgruntled former president, his lies about a stolen election, and the cult of fanatical followers who believed his lies?

8 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Disingenuous bullshit

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me—and I welcome their hatred.

does that ring a bell?

who was the speaker referring to?

6 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

At any point regarding election fraud, she could have stated that court would've been the place to prove it, and he went 0-62 when evidence was required.  It's not complicated.

She said that.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, McCroskey said:

He managed to garner a 2/3 majority on a constitutional amendment when doing so seemed impossible.

You can think he was the most divisive, but I disagree.

This a bit, right?

It's either that or the bulk of your education comes from coloring books.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Lincoln?  Lol.   I mean he was a great president but not sure solving divisiveness worked out for him.  

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Name one.

Happy to share names but please don't ignore the context, which is the longer term need to expand the pool and refine the process from which we attract, vet, and select political candidates.

I understand pulling someone out of the private sector is an unlikely/unrealistic expectation at present, but perhaps there are ways to introduce more of the notable people I'm speaking about to the public at large.

Let's start with someone like Thasunda Brown Duckett.   I love her views on various financial topics and she gets into some specifics in this clip that resonate with what I'm "poorly" trying to say in this thread.  She's clearly hesitant to get involved in our political spectrum and that's a real shame, I think we'd all benefit if she did.

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Go fuck yourself.  Dude inherited a shit sandwich of epic proportions and is slowly but surely getting us back on track.

To repeat, go fuck your fucking self.

Agree to disagree.  Sorry my takes piss you off so much.

2 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Agree to disagree.  Sorry my takes piss you off so much.

I think people are largely pissed off at your dishonesty. Personally, I can't imagine anyone is really stupid enough to suggest that Lincoln was a uniting president. It's tiresome to see posters try and argue against a point that no sane, half way intelligent person could possibly believe.