Bullies making fun of my kids

41 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Maybe if parents would quit inflicting ridiculous names on their children some of this shit might be avoided, although schools have always been nests of bullying.

In my dads family, the first son of the first son going back several generations is named George. A decent adult name, but a horrible child’s name as far as drawing ridicule. Every one of them went by their middle name. My mom said “it’s tradition!” I said some traditions can just stop.

Goofball names are a terrible burden on kids. Sorry your kids are getting harassed but they now have to deal with being called names because you and your wife wanted validation of your cleverness. Same with stupid unique spellings of common names. We go to various school events for the grandkids and the kids named crap like Hortensia, Percival, Tsar, and Loomis appear to have issues.

If the extent of this is name calling teach your kids to suck it up or come up with their own rebukes. A little Don Rickles can help. But if there’s no physical issues the school needs to be aware but do we really need to go to the school board? My smallish son got suspended in 6th grade for fighting. Wife told me to handle it. My son was in principal’s office and another kid twice my son’s size, was on the other side. That kid looked like he’d been in a car wreck. Principal said my son defended him myself and beat the shit out of the other kid; he said it was a Ralphie - Scott Farkus situation. District policy require both be suspended but he said it would never make it into my son’s file. They became good friends after that.

How much does a name matter?

https://freakonomics.com/podcast/how-much-does-your-name-matter-ep-122-rebroadcast/

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Thought this thread was going to be about OPs kids getting beat up everyday. You want kids suspended over some name-calling and teasing? 

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Maybe if parents would quit inflicting ridiculous names on their children some of this shit might be avoided, although schools have always been nests of bullying.

In my dads family, the first son of the first son going back several generations is named George. A decent adult name, but a horrible child’s name as far as drawing ridicule. Every one of them went by their middle name. My mom said “it’s tradition!” I said some traditions can just stop.

Goofball names are a terrible burden on kids. Sorry your kids are getting harassed but they now have to deal with being called names because you and your wife wanted validation of your cleverness. Same with stupid unique spellings of common names. We go to various school events for the grandkids and the kids named crap like Hortensia, Percival, Tsar, and Loomis appear to have issues.

If the extent of this is name calling teach your kids to suck it up or come up with their own rebukes. A little Don Rickles can help. But if there’s no physical issues the school needs to be aware but do we really need to go to the school board? My smallish son got suspended in 6th grade for fighting. Wife told me to handle it. My son was in principal’s office and another kid twice my son’s size, was on the other side. That kid looked like he’d been in a car wreck. Principal said my son defended him myself and beat the shit out of the other kid; he said it was a Ralphie - Scott Farkus situation. District policy require both be suspended but he said it would never make it into my son’s file. They became good friends after that.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Kids can be fucking assholes. And the school district sucks ass if their only solution is to use their middle names.  Also, I suspect coming from a homeschool (how long were they homeschooled?) background into a public school in mid-year was going to be rough, socially wise, to your kids.    It shouldn't be, but it is.  

Dalton, you say?

p11668_k_v13_aa.jpg

So many oblivious tards on this thread. Couchburner and geriatric Textard appear like clockwork.

22 hours ago, Fluoxetine HCl said:

My husband and I made a conscious, rational decision to homeschool our boys. However, I took a new job at the beginning of the school year that I couldn’t pass up, and we’ve put them in public school. My boys have typically been a great students, but ever since they’ve been in public school, their grades haven’t been up to par. Hubs and I have met with administrators and counselors, pretty much monthly, and I guess they weren’t telling us the full story until now. Apparently they are both being bullied by multiple other children. The admins didn’t know why, or wouldn’t say, but after some prodding we were able to find out that the other kids are constantly teasing them about things they can’t control—most notably making fun of their names. The admins say they can choose to go by middles, or nicknames, but it doesn’t seem fair for my kids to have to adapt like this when it’s the others causing the problem. How should we approach this?

Use of the words "bully" or "bullying" have significant meaning requiring legal action on the part of the schools.  Now just be sure that is what is going on. Your kids are 10 and 8 and aren't always going to tell the truth, but if adults involved - teachers, admin etc use the word or consider actually bullying taking place (not just low level type teasing) there are district and state guidlines and procedures they must follow and document. District guidlines will be found in the student handbook.

Simple things like having kids moved to different classrooms, kept at distance from certain other students etc are common.

Now as to their grades being up to par, par to what? They were homeschooled now they are in public school.  They were on different paths and now have to get used to public school and whats required there. It's likely an adjustment that is going to take time.

So many oblivious tards on this thread. Couchburner and geriatric Textard appear like clockwork.

You must have named your son Blossom.

Names are important. Parents need to think about their kids prospects saddled with ridiculous names. Save your clever names for your cats and goldfish.

Heinrich? 

Was Heidrich already taken?  

Best thing I ever did was drag the father of my daughter's bully outside of his front door.  And he's a proud CHL carrier.  And I beat his skull with his own pistol until you could see the bone of his cranium.  And we laughed and laughed and laughed.  He still smiles on sunny days and enjoys mac 'n cheese.  

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

You must have named your son Blossom.

Names are important. Parents need to think about their kids prospects saddled with ridiculous names. Save your clever names for your cats and goldfish.

I had considered “Duncan” for my now 37 yr old.  Wife nixed that.  Then Roxanne for my daughter.  Wife said that’s a whore’s name.  Nurse said “that’s my name”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

On 5/11/2023 at 12:30 PM, tx 3 putt said:

hit the school and isd with the fist of god until they do something 

recently, a female middle school student (I know her dad), a kid made a very rude and bullying comment online. The parents went to the school and they dropped the hammer on the kid. He was removed from the same classes. Him and his parents were told, if he does it again he’s removed from the school. The bully was from a ‘good’ and well off family, his parents took it seriously so that helps 

best luck to you 

You are the king of making shit up lol

When you're dealing with a school like this, they're insured up the ass. They're not supposed to give you any resistance whatsoever. If you get a student, or a teacher, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in. Everybody jumps. He falls down screaming, blood squirts out of his nose, nobody says fucking shit after that. You might get some bitch talk shit to you, but give her a look like you're gonna smash her in the face next, watch her shut the fuck up. Now if it's a principal, that's a different story. Principals know better than to fuck around, so if you get one that's giving you static, he probably thinks he's a real cowboy, so you gotta break that son of a bitch in two. If you wanna stop bullying and he won't help you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear.

I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.

22 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

In high school we had a couple kids come in as freshman who had been home schooled up to that point.

They were weird and had no clue how to socialize. One guy would pick his nose constantly in front of everyone.

We called him "Booger".

nerds revenge GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2023 at 4:37 PM, nbmishoid said:

I had considered “Duncan” for my now 37 yr old.  Wife nixed that.  Then Roxanne for my daughter.  Wife said that’s a whore’s name.  Nurse said “that’s my name”

Let me guess, it starts with a....................DUNCAN! 

Thx, Lobo.  Was overseas during the entirety of Seinfeld, plus all the others 90’s things.  So my interactions with US culture took on this weird simulation aspect.  Everyone else knew the script, except for me.  Some things don’t change.  Have a great mid,week. 

Wasn’t make a judgement dude.  You know me, any excuse to make a Seinfeld reference.  

I have a weird name, at least for the United States.  Very common where my fathers family came from.  I got bullied a little bit about it growing up. Nothing like the cyber age but a handful of brawls.   But by high school, it was a net positive and chicks dig unusual names later on in life. Kids embrace shit better than we give them credit for.  

true story-I think last guy to bully me about my name was himself named Udo.  We never fought because he was like the sophomore toadie to this giant wall of a nose tackle on. our team and he was like the quiet Grossberger from stir crazy.  Udo obviously was projecting onto me.  Years ago through a mutual friend, I heard he and his dad had been arrested In an FBI drug trafficking sting and he had to do a long stretch for it. 
bullies always get what’s coming to them.