Austin's Domain North not a fan of darker tones

jimmyjazz

3 hours ago, Eastwood said:

To your first point, business models should never be confused for values. I bet there are more than a handful of halal or kosher businesses out there that aren't run by strictly Muslim or Jewish entities. Money knows no race or religion. If it sells, someone will be selling it.

To your question, because it was probably a marketing firm that was hired by The Domain to do the research. They were selling themselves just as much as they were selling their research. But someone is losing their job over this getting out.

000SNC_Mike_Reid_004.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I dunno, she sounds kinda hot. You don’t see many ugly girls driving Range Rovers.

A million years ago, the very first person to almost run me off the road because she was busy yapping on this newfangled contraption called a "cell phone" was a good looking gal in Houston....behind the wheel of her Range Rover.  The nature and character of Range Rover drivers has not improved.

I think it's the original Domain, rebranded...so like California Pizza Kitchen to Nieman Marcus.

No. It's the newer phase of the domain they've built out over the past few years. Rock Rose Dr is the main entertainment artery there but there are a few corporate anchors as well.

A million years ago, the very first person to almost run me off the road because she was busy yapping on this newfangled contraption called a "cell phone" was a good looking gal in Houston....behind the wheel of her Range Rover.  The nature and character of Range Rover drivers has not improved.

What is the nature and character of Range Rover drivers?

39 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I’m pretty sure the “too busy yapping on the phone to drive worth a shit” spreads equally across all genders, races, and vehicle types.

Well, it does NOW.

But it all started with that one gal in a Range Rover, Houston, on Shepherd, summer of 1989.  I'm sure of it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I don't intend to discourage you from being your true self. However, I feel obligated to tell you, you're going to make an extremely repulsive female. But good luck with your transition. 

Hey now, let's see the tits before we go making judgment calls, mmkay?

Uh, wut?

9 hours ago, Armybrat said:

^^^ That guy is correct. Unfortunately our Happy Hour group likes to meet at the "hipster" venues in the Domain for drinks & appetizers. And they like the Northside in particular.

There are no hipster locations in the Domain.

Hutto is more hipster than the Domain. 

Working as an accountant is more hipster than the Domain. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mchookem said:

I'm torn on the domain... on one hand, despite being both a white trophy wife AND a professional DINK, i rarely shop or socialize there.

OTOH, they have some good restaurants. and it's pretty, especially during the holidays. 

Can you confirm trophy status?

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I think I know her. Did you happen to have a personalized license plate "Law Dawg" or "Nu JD"?

8 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

So by my calculations West Virginia is 25 years behind.

Actually 125.  As a proud Appalachian-American, I will soon be asking for reparations to make up for it.  Forty acres and a TCU Showgirl are my demands. 

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Based on the wheels on my wife’s RR, I can vouch for the fact they can’t drive. However, that is nothing new with her and lines up with most other “hers” I come across.

She has a black friend though, so her character is fine.

14 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

It is basically Plano with hotter, younger, even more vapid women. Also know as Orange County or OC for short. 

Ha.  My BIL who lives in OC* bought a place in Plano because he said it reminded him of Irvine.

But back to the OP. Hot Anglos, Asians, and Jews driving expensive cars, shopping at stores that charge outrageous prices, working out with personal trainers while wearing expertly torn skinny jeans?

Hello Beverly Hills.

* Full disclosure, I also live in OC, next to Irvine. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Hmmm I'm skeptical and don't know enough about either reference to confirm or deny your counter. However, I did um.. Have um... Some um engagements of various sorts with the rich girls of Highland Park, University Park and SMU in the late 80s and not infrequently their mothers. Never did I know one to drive a Range Rover. Admittedly, it not a representative sample, but it was first hand. 

Show me a late 80s pic of a Texas woman in a Range Rover.. Her hair better touch the roof or I'm going to question the authenticity of the pic. 

Range-Rover.jpg

Here's the bitch who cut Brisket off.

The post was probably one of a few customer personas used for developing marketing programs that target that particular persona, ie what tv programs to advertise with, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have other personas for a black demographic. It’s a standard marketing tool used by every company in the world. It helps them visualize the best way to market to that segment. Sometimes personas themselves are used in the marketing, but certainly not as blatantly as the Domain used it.

Land Rovers are kind of bad ass.  Sad that the Range Rover has become so twatified.  Apparently, even the twatified ones are very competent offroad.

I have to confess that I did not realize that the RR Sport was actually cheaper than a Range Rover.  I also did not realize that RR had not kept up with the pricing of Suburbans and Tahoes.  I had just assumed they were pushing/over 90-100K.

Edited by TwiceHorn