San Jose State @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, UTEX90 said:

Just throw fucking strikes, if they hit it they hit it.

I used to think that, but one of the last games I was watching, we actually started throwing strikes and they hit it….they hit it hard. 
Would you rather get bludgeoned in a boxing match or trip over your own shoelaces and give yourself a concussion on the canvas??  That’s basically our choices and I’ve chosen to stop watching these assholes. 

3 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

I used to think that, but one of the last games I was watching, we actually started throwing strikes and they hit it….they hit it hard. 
Would you rather get bludgeoned in a boxing match or trip over your own shoelaces and give yourself a concussion on the canvas??  That’s basically our choices and I’ve chosen to stop watching these assholes. 

Just like pitchers can make mistakes so can hitters.  If they bomb us out of the park at least they are earning it.  Bouncing the ball 2/3 of the way to the catcher, hitting batters, past balls.  They are just stupid fucking mental breakdowns not expected of someone in a longhorn jersey.  Especially not in multiple games by the same pitchers and seems like that shit has gotten contagious.  It has cost us games and series.  I don't understand how this is tolerable and allowed to continue.  But I am old so get off my lawn.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Depending on how LBJ finishes does he become your #1?

Or rather what does he need to do to become the #1 starter?

Too late in the year to be messing with that stuff i my opinion. He is a great option for game 2 in postseason play which is all you can ask for.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

Funny. Y’all are a little inflexible.

It probably wouldn’t line up that way. But if we get a 2 seed and play a heavy righty lineup, then LBJ might be the guy in a game 1.

I’ve been arguing for structure for some time, but LBJ and Gordon don’t seem concerned with the uncertainty.

5 minutes ago, BarthHollamew said:

You’ve got Tole, Burke, Ace, Minchey, and the skinny ginger kid in the pen, you decide to roll Morehouse out there in game one?  Doesn’t take a mensa to know that insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.  

Using Morehouse wasn’t the issue. He was good for 2 innings. It was not having someone hot and ready to go as he walked the 9 hole to open the 8th.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Using Morehouse wasn’t the issue. He was good for 2 innings. It was not having someone hot and ready to go as he walked the 9 hole to open the 8th.

You have to walk that guy in that situation though. Can't risk him slugging a 500-ft bomb and changing the momentum.

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

O’Hara looks to be a better fielder than Daly. Certainly looks quicker with a stronger arm.

The glove will never be a question with him. It’s really, really good. He just needs to get to the point where he can hit like .240 to justify sticking him in the 9 spot.

Edited by Hookem2147

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t know who the answer is at SS for the rest of the season but I know offensively it ain’t Cade O’Hara

We really don’t have an offensive answer and that’s the problem.