San Jose State @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

I’d settle for not suck ass

LSU has a dude that’s started 26 games batting .208. And they’re probably the best, most productive 1-9.

Wakes SS is hitting .231. 5 or 7 XBHs.

Duke has 2 dudes hitting .250.

South Carolina has a dude hitting .231. Another at .264.

Kentucky.232 and .260.

Arkansas SS is ineffective.

Boston College has a dude hitting .258 with 3 XBHs. A .229 hitter. A .246 hitter with 8 XBHs. These guys are over 100 ABs.

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

LSU has a dude that’s started 26 games batting .208. And they’re probably the best, most productive 1-9.

Wakes SS is hitting .231. 5 or 7 XBHs.

Duke has 2 dudes hitting .250.

South Carolina has a dude hitting .231. Another at .264.

Kentucky.232 and .260.

Arkansas SS is ineffective.

Boston College has a dude hitting .258 with 3 XBHs. A .229 hitter. A .246 hitter with 8 XBHs. These guys are over 100 ABs.

You did the research i didn't want to do. 

11-3 Texas

17 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

True, but at the same time I don't know how many teams are rolling out line ups with solid hitters in the 8 and 9 holes. 

Correct. I just want those guys to give more than what they’ve given us. Not really asking for them to be world beaters but competent at the plate. 

You did the research i didn't want to do. 
11-3 Texas

You’re welcome.

This team is frustrating. They don’t walk enough. They don’t get enough key hits. They rarely put teams away. Pierce introduces too much fuckery on occasion. We hit more home runs than our opponents. And we hit more, deeper fly balls.

Offensively and pitching-wise, there is considerable upside. And we’re pretty good defensively.

Get some shit ironed out, and we can make a run.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Doesn’t mean much because the confidence level isn’t super high with either, but I would prefer Duplantier over Morehouse at this point.

And I actually don’t have an issue with using Morehouse, just know he is a 1-2 inning guy who can lose it at any time. Plan accordingly.

Edited by Hookem2147

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Doesn’t mean much because the confidence level isn’t super high with either, but I would prefer Duplantier over Morehouse at this point.

And I actually don’t have an issue with using Morehouse, just know he is a 1-2 inning guy who can lose it at any time. Plan accordingly.

Baseball people:         "He is tall and throws hard, his throwing angle deceives hitters and guarantees success."

Opposing Hitters from a shitty directional school:     "He often throws 12 balls in a row, plunks a guy and then grooves an 87mph fastball and we piss on it and he blows the game."

6 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Baseball people:         "He is tall and throws hard, his throwing angle deceives hitters and guarantees success."

Opposing Hitters from a shitty directional school:     "He often throws 12 balls in a row, plunks a guy and then grooves an 87mph fastball and we piss on it and he blows the game."

Mmkay. Let me know if and when you want to have an actual conversation about the bullpen.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

After OU I said Morehouse shouldn’t see the mound again this year. Since then, he’s thrown 5.1 and given up 8ER, 11R…

Pierce’s pitcher management kills me sometimes

He was pretty good against Kansas. Had some crappy luck on the groundballs off his leg. Then was good again today for 2 innings. His sinker looked the best it has in a long time.

I’m not a fan of having him protect a 2-run lead with a fully rested pen, but I don’t think he’s completely useless. He’s a 1 inning guy right now and they need to let him build off success.

Edited by Hookem2147

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Mmkay. Let me know if and when you want to have an actual conversation about the bullpen.

16 balls out of 12 pitches is an acceptable standard for a UT pitcher? I am sorry your son has no balls and cant throw a strike.

Our bullpen blew a win against a pathetic SJS team. I am sorry you played there or your kid plays there. Its a shit hole baseball school and they should never beat Texas. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I reversed it, sue me.  This staff is terrible except for Gordon. We have a bunch of guys with all of the talent but no balls.  i haven't seen a more gutless squad since 94'. Donny Barker, Dudley Haas and  Brett Loefler offensively  etc. All the talent in the world with zero heart. They were trash.

4 minutes ago, petscii said:

Clawed 1 point back only -6 for the day now.   

That loss is going to kill us and any hosting chances. It dropped us 40 RPI points. For reference, we only gained about 7 RPI points for the win in game 2.

There are 40 RPI points separating us from the #25 spot, which is a lot.

What I like to see early in the year is to give guys a little extra time out there when they're in trouble. See if they can get it together, see what their mental toughness is like.

With much of this staff, the second one wheel starts to wobble, the entire car catches fire and slams head on into a school bus.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, petscii said:

Clawed 1 point back only -6 for the day now.   

After Washington* dispatched #24 Oregon,  Texas was back at 29 for RPI.  -4 for the day for Texas so far.

Washington did sweep San Jose State back in Feb. ;)