Best movie-ending songs

Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

2 hours ago, capnamerca said:

Not a movie but a TV show ... this one is basically flawless.

great one.  the one where zoey gets kidnapped with angel by massive attack going behind it is at the same level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So my wife and I saw this English/Bollywood rom-com back in '01 that was getting great reviews called Monsoon Wedding. Decent enough movie, good date movie.

And when the credits rolled, they rolled to this absolute banger by Sukhwinder Singh. Actually inspired us to buy the soundtrack.

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Might be my favorite movie, and yeah... FOW were just... so fucking good.

I honestly think "Stacy's Mom" might have been as big a boat anchor for them as "La Bamba" was for Los Lobos.  Too many people just never dug in and figured out what those bands were REALLY about.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I honestly think "Stacy's Mom" might have been as big a boat anchor for them as "La Bamba" was for Los Lobos.  Too many people just never dug in and figured out what those bands were REALLY about.

You probably understand more than most, it was their "Rock The Casbah". Fountains Of Wayne was a fucking awesome power pop band.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

You probably understand more than most, it was their "Rock The Casbah". Fountains Of Wayne was a fucking awesome power pop band.

Yeah, my daughter and I worked out "No Better Place" as a duet.  She can mop the stage with me, but it remains one of my favorite memories of our life together (so far).  Such an amazingly hooky band.

"You're awake and trying not to be wrapped around your pillow like a prawn".  Fuck me.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, my daughter and I worked out "No Better Place" as a duet.  She can mop the stage with me, but it remains one of my favorite memories of our life together (so far).  Such an amazingly hooky band.

We need to hang out eventually dude. That's a beautiful freaking thang.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/26/2023 at 12:12 AM, jimmyjazz said:

"You're awake and trying not to be wrapped around your pillow like a prawn".  Fuck me.

I bought Welcome Interstate Managers because of Stacy's Mom, and when the fuzzed out power chords kick in about 40 seconds into Mexican Wine, my doors were blown off.  That said, I think Stacy's Mom is pretty representative of what they were all about.  It's cheeky, brilliantly written power pop with a lot of heart.  I agree that it's popularity kind of overshadowed the rest of their output for many folks.